Chapter Ten

Meant 2 Be | Woozi

!Unedited!

One week later.

"Come on, you guys went away to work on this!" MiYoung called out as she walked around the hall, her voice slowly changing into annoyance. Letting out a long sigh, MiYoung runs her hands through her hair. "Okay, new approach. You guys will practice more every day, you will practice in pairs and then practice as a group at the end of the day, you guys will only see your pairs until we tell you to practice as a group, and you will all be in separate rooms".

-

The Next Day

'I'm going to fight for her and make her fall for me and I'm not going to let you stop me' Hoseok's voice rings through his mind. Jihoon peered down at the paper in front of him, it being filled with lines and crossings out of song lyrics.

"Thinks he can just magically make her fall for him" He scoffs talking out loud to himself, rolling his eyes. "I'd like to see him try" Glaring at the piece of paper in front of him, his grip tightens on the pen in his hand before throwing it down on the desk.

"What did that pen ever do to you?" A voice comes from the studio door, making Jihoon jump. Letting out a sigh and looking up, Jihoon sees Soonyoung leaning up against the door way with his arms crossed over his chest and a small smirk on his face.

"What do you want?" Jihoon says blandly, looking up at him with a straight face.

"What's up with you?" Soonyoung chuckles, as he watched Jihoon rolls his eyes and turn back around to face his desk. Walking over to him, Soonyoung peers over his shoulder. "What's this?" Jihoon jumped, throwing his arms over the piece of paper.

"Nothing, don't worry about it"

"Is it song lyrics?" Soonyoung teases, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly.

"No, I told you, it's nothing"

"Is it a song for a certain someone?" Soonyoung teases again, now deciding to lean up against Jihoon's desk. Jihoon rolls his eyes again, sending Soonyoung an unimpressed look and avoids his question.

"What do you want?"

"Oh nothing"

"Seriously, what is it?"

"Welll..." Soonyoung sighs out, before continuing. "I'm going to be hanging out with So-Eun later-..."

"No I'm not coming!" Jihoon cuts him off, making Soonyoung send him a glare. "I'm not third wheeling" Ignoring him, Soonyoung continues.

"And I'm pretty sure, Kat will be there, and since I heard you talking to yourself, I thought you'd need help on making your relationship with Kat keep afloat" Jihoon rolls his eyes once again.

"We don't have a relationship so there's nothing to keep afloat"

"You say that, yet you're so jealous that the fought of someone trying to make Kat fall in love with him- I'm assuming Hoseok- you hate it, you despise the fact that it could be possible that someone might actually make Kat fall for someone that isn't you"

"Shut up Soonyoung"

"No, because you know it's true and you don't do anything to try and stop it. You guys are in love with each other and are so blinded by the company and other people you don't do want you want to do and what you should do"

"It doesn't matter anymore" Jihoon mumbles, keep his gaze away from Soonyoung. Soonyoung huffs, rolling his eyes for the hundredth time.

"You know that isn't true" Picking his weight up off the table, Soonyoung looks down at Jihoon one last time before heading to exit the studio. "I've told you this a million times, but if you don't do anything soon you'll regret it" With that he exits the studio and closes the door behind him, leaving Jihoon in total silence, his own thoughts and feelings slowly filling up the room.

-

"I can't believe he'd do that you know?" She sighed, pulling her knees up to her chin. So-Eun nodded, frowning slightly at the younger girl.

"I can't either" Kat pouted, leaning her head onto So-Eun's shoulder.

"What do I do?" Running her hands through her hair, So-Eun lent her head on top of Kat's.

"I have no idea" They sat in silence for a moment before a loud beep was heard from Kat's phone. Kat huffed, pulling herself forward to grab her phone that was resting on the table. She grumbled slightly once she saw it was only Jimin. Not bothering to reply, she locks her phone back up before putting it back on the table.

"Who was it?" So-Eun asks, not bothering to move from her position on the couch. Kat rolled her eyes at her phone, before looking over to So-Eun.

"Do you even need to ask?" So-Eun nodded, catching on instantly.

"I can't believe he's moved you out of the dorm"

"I know right, the next thing he's going to do is send a spy" So-Eun glances over to her, before covering quickly as she bursts into laughter.

"I'm sorry" She laughs, making Kat shake her head she starts to giggle as well. "I just see him doing that" Wiping under her eyes, So-Eun soon becomes quiet.

"I know right" Her phone bleeped again, making Kat rise to her feet. Letting out a sigh, she looks at her phone quickly before slipping it into her pocket. "I should go, if I don't he'll kill me" Nodding, So-Eun stands to give Kat a hug.

"Okay, message me when you get back" Kat smiles, nodding her head. Heading to the living room door she opens it to see Hoshi.

"Oh, hey Hoshi" Kat smiles, not noticing the look on his face, she turns back round to look at So-Eun one last time. "See you later"

"Bye" So-Eun waves as Kat steps past Hoshi.

"Bye Hoshi"

"Bye" He mumbles, looking between So-Eun and Kat.

Once Kat had left, Hoshi turns to So-Eun with an eyebrow raised. So-Eun looked at him confused as he walks over to her.

"What's up?"

"Don't you think Jihoon should know about this?" He questions, and So-Eun's mouth instantly drops.

"You heard what she said?" Hoshi slowly nods, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Every single word" So-Eun sighs, running a hand through her hair.

"You can't say anything about this to Jihoon"

"Why not? Because to me I feel like he should know about all of it"

"You don't get it Soonyoung, Jimin already has her moved out of the Ghost's dorm room, he's determined to keep Kat away from Jihoon"

"What about the dance? They have to dance together remember" So-Eun nods.

"Yeah, but Jimin doesn't know about that, because if he did all hell would break loose"

"Jihoon should still know the reason why Kat wanted to end things in the first place" So-Eun sighs, looking down to the floor.

"It's not as simple as that"

"It is as simple as that!" Hoshi yells, letting out a long sigh.

"Do you even know what Jimin did?"

"Yeah, he threatened to disband the group or something?" He said more as a question than a statement. "Fine, I don't really know" He finally admitted before So-Eun frowned.

"It was more than just disbanding the group"

-

Kat sighs, as she looks down at her phone.

The endless amount of calls in her phone as she tried to get in contact with her mum. Biting on the inside of her cheek, Kat clicks on the number and holds it up to her ear. The ringing is cut off by an automatic voice replaying a message Kat had heard too often.

'The number you have called has been disconnected, please check you have typed in the right number or try again'

"Mum? I know you can understand what I'm saying right now, just-... Why? Why do you keep doing this? I know you're never going to hear this, because it won't even go to answer phone, so I'm basically just talking to myself, but why? Why wouldn't you tell me and why just leave like that again? I thought everything was finally going to become happy again" Kat exclaims through the tears. "I don't know how much more I can take" Kat stopped talking, and the tears ran down her cheeks and fell to the floor.

Jihoon frowned, coming out of his hiding place and walking over to Kat. Kat jumped once she saw Jihoon appear next to her.

"You okay?" Jihoon asks, only getting a reply as a nod. Kat wipes her tears, hiding her face from him. Jihoon lets out a cough, sending her a look. "Let's go out"

"No thanks, it won't be necessary" Jihoon shakes his before sending her another look.

"Fine, at least come and practice" Letting out a sigh, Kat nods.

"Okay" Smiling slightly, they make their way to their assigned practice room.

-

Seven years ago.

"You really have to stop watching him from afar" YoungHee giggles as she picked at her food. Minji sighed, resting her head on one hand, forcing her gaze away from Wonwoo.

"I can't help it, he's really cute" YoungHee let out another giggle, nodding her head in agreement.

"I know you think that, but nothing's going to help you if you don't stop eye stalking him and actually make a move" Minji sighed again, sending YoungHee a look.

"How am I supposed to do that? I'd look like a freak"

"A cute freak" YoungHee smiled, making Minji gasp and slap her arm slightly.

"Hey! That's rude!"

"Not necessarily, I called you cute right?"

"Only after you called me a freak" Minji pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. The only thing she didn't notice was the small smile on Wonwoo face, as he silently watched the whole scene. A quiet chuckle left his lips as his attention got turned away.

"What you laughing at?" Mingyu asks, keeping his eyes on Wonwoo. Shaking his head, Wonwoo looks back over to him.

"Nothing, don't worry about it" Mingyu looked confused for a second, before shrugging it off and turning to their other friends.

-

The music zoned out around them. Jihoon, a small smile appearing on his face, watched Kat go through the steps of the dance. Kat stopped once she noticed him looking over at her, smiling slightly, she places a hand on her waist sending him a look.

"What?" She giggled out, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Nothing"

"Really?" She asks, not really believing him. Nodding in reply, he lets out a soft sigh.

"Jimin doesn't know about this does he?" He asks, not looking up at her. Kat lets out a soft sigh, shaking her head.

"No, he doesn't"

"He'll freak when he finds out won't he" Kat lets out a chuckle, before giving Jihoon a look.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him"

"And what about when he does? He'll find out eventually"

"By then it won't matter, we aren't even in the same company. It's not like he can make any changes" Jihoon lets out another sigh, shaking his head.

"Yes, but a week ago you were terrified he'd ruin our careers"

"That was about us dating, not doing a dance together" Jihoon lets out a scoff, crossing his arms over his chest.

"He seems determined we'd never see or speak to each other again"

"Well he has his own career and we have ours, if he wants to try and mess with what the boss wants, then he's the boss' problem" Kat laughs slightly before continuing "What's he going to do? Send a spy to spy on me?"

"That's exactly right" An amused voice comes from the door. They turned to see Taehyung, leant up against the open door, his usual box smile upon his face.

"Tae?" Kat asked shocked, before Tae nods quickly.

"Jimin-Hyung said I had to watch you and tell him if anything happens" Tae smiles, skipping over to hug Kat. "And you're my best friend, so why wouldn't I especially when Jimin-Hyung sounded so worried"

Jihoon watched from the side, looking between Kat and Taehyung soon noticing, waving to him. 

"Hello" Jihoon nodded, putting a hand up to wave back.

"Hi" Taehyung still had one arm around Kat, making Jihoon raise an eyebrow slightly. Letting out a sigh, Kat makes a face as she thinks.

"Oppa seriously sent a spy" Kat said out lout to herself and Taehyung replies with a short.

"Yep" Kat gasps suddenly, turning to Taehyung.

"Taehyungie Oppa" Kat starts, pouting slightly. "Don't tell Jimin Oppa anything" Taehyung gives Kat a look.

"But Jimin-Hyung told me to tell him everything that happens" Kat pouts more, grabbing onto his wrist slightly.

"Taehyungie Oppa, I thought you were my best friend" Taehyung gasps suddenly.

"But I am!"

"Then please don't tell him" Taehyung sighed, frowning slightly.

"Okay" Kat lets out a giggle before throwing her arms around his neck in a hug.

"Thank you! You're the best!" She giggles again. Taehyung sighs, wrapping his arms around her waist, returning the hug.

"I better be, because he'll kill me for this"  Kat pulls away, smiling slightly.

"He'll have to get through me first" Taehyung rolls his eyes, laughing slightly.

"Yeah sure"  Forgetting he was there, Jihoon coughs making Kat's attention turn to him.

"We should probably continue to practice" He mumbles, making Kat nod.

"Yeah we should"

"What are you practicing?" Taehyung asks, his usual box like smile forming on his face.

"It's just a dance for Ghost's American debut" Kat smiles, making Taehyung gasp.

"You're having an American debut already?!" He asks, and Kat nods in response. "You're lucky!" Kat giggles once again, nodding her head.

"Thanks Tae"  Staying silent for a moment, Taehyung soon starts to notice the awkward tension in the air. He coughs slightly, looking between Kat and Jihoon.

"I'll go and let your guys practice" Kat nods, smiling up at Taehyung.

"Okay" 

"I promise not to tell Jimin Hyung anything" Kat's smile widens, as she wraps her arms around him one last time.

"Thank you Oppa, you're the best"  Taehyung returns the hug, patting on her head slightly.

"You're welcome Kitty, just be careful Jimin doesn't find out"  Pulling away, Kat nods.

"I will" Taehyung waves slightly to Jihoon, which he returns, before leaving the room, but not before quickly sticking his head back through the door way.

"Oh, remember that Jimin will call later, and mention nothing about me. He didn't want you to know about this spy business" Kat nods, and Taehyung smiles one last time. "See you later" 

"Bye Oppa" 

After Taehyung leaves, Kat turns to Jihoon.

"Sorry about that" Jihoon shrugs, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"It's okay" 

"Are we going to practice?" Kat asks, tilting her head slightly to the side.

"Yeah, let's start"

--------------------------------------------------------

Not the longest update i'm sorry about that, but i've been having a case of major writers block, so please excuse how ty this chapter is.

Thinking of writing another version of this book, since i think this book has gone down in quality, but idk, what do you guys think?

I love you guys! Remember to vote, comment and follow for more:D <3

~Kat