Chapter Three

Meant 2 Be | Woozi

! UNEDITED !

The Next Day

                   
"You're going to start on your own, then the boys will come in when they've finished their schedule for the day" The boss stood in front of the girls, next to him stood two choreographers, one female and one male. The female being Korean and the male looking like British decent. "These two are Bae Mi Young and Carter Jones, Mi Young is from Busan and Carter is from the United Kingdom"

Both Carter and Mi Young bow before the boss continues to speak.

"They'll be teaching you the dance for your American debut"

The four girls nod, looking between the three adult figures in front of them as they sat on the floor stretching their legs.

"You have five minutes to stretch before today's practice starts, so be ready, good luck girls" The boss bows, the girls returning the bow, by using their heads. He leaves the room, closing the door behind him and Kirsten turns to the girls.

"Have you guys learnt the song?" She asks, now stretching out her arms.

"Yeah" Kat replies, along with Minji who nods her head.

"I tried too, but I don't know if I'm pronouncing it all right" So-Eun says, sighing slightly. "English is hard"

Kat pats her on the shoulder, smiling as So-Eun turns to look at her.

"You'll get it, plus I can go through it with you if you need help" So-Eun smiles, placing her own hand on Kat's shoulder.

"Thanks"

They continue to stretch for remaining time they were giving before Mi Young comes in front of them, clapping her hands together with a smile on her face.

"So you may be wondering why we're practicing now if it's a dance for a pair, but basically we want you to learn the basic steps before we throw in the boys just so you know how it goes" The girls nod and get up on their feet. "So first you're going to watch me and Carter do a run through of the dance so you know what it'll look like by the end of this"

Mi Young nods to Carter who turns on the music and they start in the centre of the room, Carter standing a couple of steps away from her.

The music starts and Mi Young stands still as the lyrics start. Swaying her hips to the beat, as the first verse continued, Carter made his way over to Mi Young before wrapping his arms around her waist, grabbing one of her hands as the first chorus ends and the pre-chorus starts. Mi Young goes to walk away before Carter pulls her back as the lines "Been waiting and waiting for you to make a move" plays and Mi Young grabs the back of his neck, pulling it down slightly to make it look like they were about to be kissing. "Before I make a move"

Mi Young moves her hand from the back of his neck down onto his chest, pushing him back a step or two. Mi Young throws her arms up, running them down her head and her sides as Carter places his hands on her hips, turning her around and dipping her down and around in a circle and he brings her up so she's standing next to him. Her hips still swaying to the music. "Got everyone watchin' us, so baby, let's keep it secret" At this point, Mi Young pointed to the girls pretending to be the crowd, before putting a finger up to her lips to suggest about keeping a secret. "A little bit scandalous, but baby, don't let them see it" At this point, they pretended to look like they were going to kiss again, before covering it up with their hands.

Mi Young moves in front of Carter again, and he wraps his arms around her waist as if it was a back hug, before moving them over her stomach so one was on each side without wrapping around her. "A little less conversation and a little more touch my body" Mi Young grabs onto his hands, wrapping them back around herself, resting her head on his shoulder, turning her head slightly into his neck. "Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you, oh yeah"

The second verse started, as Carter gets down on one knee and Mi Young sits on it, crossing one of her legs over the other, his hand resting on her back as she leans back slightly before sitting back up. He then places an arm under her legs, bringing her into the air as the pre-chorus comes round again and he places in front of him.

They start to do the same dance they did as before, but changing it slightly once it gets to the end of the pre-chorus. Instead of pulling Carter down for the kiss, Mi Young turns her head so Carter ends up kissing her cheek instead.

"So baby, come light me up and I'll let you on it" Placing on hand on her waist, Carter uses his other hand to hold hers as they sway from side to side as they dance. Their bodies always touching. They turn slightly so Mi Young's back was facing the girls and Carter sinks to his knees so his face was in line with her stomach. "Got everyone watchin' us, so baby, let's keep it secret" Mi Young turns back to the girls, winking before pushing Carter away so he fell onto the floor.

Mi Young goes to walk away again, before Carter grabs onto her wrist pulling her into his chest. "A little bit scandalous, but baby, don't let them see it" Mi Young moves their arms out wide so it looked like they weren't touching each other, even though the girls knew they were. Carter moves to her side, sinking down again, so his arms were back around her waist and his head resting on her stomach. "Tell me what you came here for Cause I can't, I can't wait on more" Mi Young places a hand on his head, before sliding down next to him. "I'm on the edge with no control And I need, I need you to know You to know, oh"

"So baby, come light me up and I'll let you on it" Carter stands back up, holding to Mi Young's hands as she moves her legs out in front of her and then quickly changes potion into sitting like a mermaid. She flips her hair as she continues to move her legs, slowly rising back up, their bodies still touching each other. "A little less conversation, and a little more touch my body"

The song continued as it reached the final part of the song, the passion between the two dancers still as strong as when they had started. "So come light me up, so come light me up my baby" Holding one arm up in the air, Carter's other hand moves around her side, spinning her out away from him. "A little dangerous, a little dangerous my boy" He spins her back in close, and Mi Young trails a finger down his jaw bone, the noses almost touching, and their eyes peering into each other's. "A little less conversation and a little more touch my body" Their arms they were holding up came down and Carter let go of her hand, wrapping them around her waist for the final time before swinging her down into the 'sailor kiss' potion as the final lyrics were sang. "Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you"

The music stops completely, and Carter and Mi Young separate from each other, bowing to each other and the girls. Mi Young pauses the music to make sure it wouldn't replay or play a different song and smiled as the girls broke into applause.

"That was great!" So-Eun smiled, her clapping not slowing down.

"That was so nice!" Minji agreed, "That's going to be a lot of work to learn"

Mi Young smiles, nodding her head before shrugging her shoulders.

"But once you do learn it, you'll be amazed and very proud of yourselves"

-

"Why you didn't tell us you got hurt yesterday?" The three girls stood crossed armed in front of Kat who sat in a chair. The boys had arrived from finishing their schedule and the first words to leave Hoshi's lips being, 'Are you okay to practice today?'

She hadn't told the girls, because it wasn't a big deal. All she did was hit her head, falling of a chair from being scare half to death by some of the boys of seventeen- Hoshi and Woozi included.

"Because I'm fine, there's nothing wrong"

"The doctor told you to rest" Hoshi said, leaning against one of the mirrored walls. Kat instantly sending him a glare to shut him up.

"Well I did, and now I'm fine"

"Tell that to Minghao, who had to carry you to the doctors yesterday" Hoshi smirks slightly, raising an eyebrow making Kat roll her eyes. Hoshi flicked his eyes from Kat to Jihoon, who looked pretty pissed off once Hoshi mentioned Minghao carrying Kat. His face went from neutral to scowl in 0.5 seconds.

"Yes, and I said thank you to him, but seriously I'm fine" Kat argues.

"Kat go home, you need more rest" So-Eun demands, but Kat shakes her head.

"I'm fine seriously guys there's nothing wrong" So-Eun glared at Kat, her arms tightening together.

"Don't make me take drastic measures" Kat gave So-Eun an amused look and let out a sigh.

"And what are these drastic measures?"

"Don't make me tell your mom on you" Kat laughs, shaking her head slightly at the thought.

"Go ahead, she wouldn't understand you because she can't speak Korean, and you can't speak English" So-Eun fakes a laugh, before holding both hands up in defeat before a light bulb idea popped into her head. Clicking her fingers, she points towards Kat.

"Don't make me tell Jimin" This causes Kat to gasp and give a disbelieving look to So-Eun.

"You wouldn't" The brown haired girl smirked, raising an eyebrow before quickly grabbing Kat's phone of the table.

"Try me" Kat slowly stood up, as So-Eun's eyebrow raised more. "All you gotta do is go home and rest and I won't tell him" Kat sighed and pouted slightly.

"But I'm fine, I told you this already"

"I don't care if you think you're fine, you're going home to rest and not coming back until we think you're fine"

"So-Eun!"

"Kat!" So-Eun copied, really not in the mood for Kat's pleads about how she was alright when everyone knew she wasn't.

"I'm fine" She repeats for the final time, but So-Eun shakes her head.

"Not good enough" She says, unlocking Kat's phone and clicking onto the contacts.

"So-Eun!" Kat goes to grab her phone, but So-Eun takes a step back and raises her hand out of Kat's reach. She goes down through her contacts and finds Jimin's name, before clicking the call button. After a few rings, Jimin picks up with a cheery tone.

"Baby sis!"

"Hey Park, it's me" So-Eun says into the phone, looking over at Kat with her eyebrows still raised.

"Oh hey Kim, What you doing on Kat's phone?"

"Well basically, our little kit kat here is being stubborn and not going home when we told her to" So-Eun hears Jimin sigh.

"What happened?"

"She hit her head yesterday and the doctor told her to rest, and she isn't listening to us" Jimin gasps quietly, before mumbling angrily to himself.

"Pass the phone over" So-Eun smiles nicely to Kat before handing over the phone. Kat let out a huff as she rolled her eyes and held the phone up to her ear.

"Hello Oppa"

"Don't 'Hello Oppa' me, you got hurt so why the aren't you at home doing what the doctor told you?" Kat gasped at hearing her big brother swear and looked down at the floor with a frown.

"Because I'm fine" She mumbles into the phone, pulling her sleeves up over her hands. Jimin clucked to himself, as it sounded like he shook his head.

"Fine doesn't matter Kat, you could be fine now and faint as soon as you start practicing, do you know how worried I'd be if that happened?" Jimin scolds, making Kat pout more.

"Sorry Oppa" Jimin sighs once again, rubbing his hand over his face.

"It's okay, but please go home and rest, you can practice tomorrow just please rest for today"

"Okay"

"Now pass me back to Kim"

"Okay Oppa"

"I'll see you in a couple of days okay, good bye for now, love you baby sis"

"Okay Oppa, see you then, love you too" Kat sighs one last time, not looking up, but still passing the phone towards So-Eun.

"She'll go home now, but I said she could practice tomorrow as long as she rested all day today" So-Eun nods at this, her gaze going to Kat, who was still looking down at the floor and her sleeves covering her hands.

"Okay"

"Thanks for telling me"

"Anytime"

"Goodbye Kim" Jimin chuckles slightly, trying to bring up the mood.

"Goodbye Park"

Hanging up, So-Eun looks down at Kat's phone and sees her home screen. Looking up, she shrugs and hands Kat back her phone before letting out a soft sigh.

"Who's that on your home screen?" Seungcheol asks, making it obvious everyone could see her phone.

"It doesn't matter" Kat mumbles, locking her phone. "I need to change it anyways"

Her eyes go to Jihoon, who frowns knowing full well that it was the both of them on her home screen. One of his favourite memories as her home screen. Kat's eyes move quickly towards So-Eun, she nods and goes over to pick up her bag with all her things in.

"I'll be going now"

"Text me when you get home" Kat replies with a nod, tightening her grip on her bag. Looking over the other girls and also the boys, Kat takes a breath.

"Bye"

"Bye" They all replied, apart from Jihoon who stayed quiet looking down at the floor. The memory of the photo, and all their other memories playing through his mind.

-

Arriving back, Kat unlocked the door to see a quiet and empty hotel room.

"Mom?" Dropping her bag and door key on the table by the door, she walks over to where the two beds were set to see one still made and one yet to be made, signalling her mother had gone to sleep at some point and the room service people had been, since there was a plate next to the bed. "Mom?" She calls out again, now going over to check the bathroom.

The bathroom had been used, the towel still wet on the floor and the free soap gone from behind the basin. "Mom?" Kat called again, going back into the bedroom part of the room. She looked around again, and dashed quickly to the wardrobe when she saw no suitcase at the end of the bed.

Dramatically opening the wardrobe, she gasps when she see's nothing there. Not a single thing, not even a sock.

The door opened suddenly and Kat turned around quickly to see one of the maids of the hotel. The maid realised she was there, she looked at her confused, opening to speak.

"You're not meant to be here" Kat nods, taking another deep breath.

"Do you know where the women is who's staying in this room?" Kat asks, going over to pick up her bag.

"She was only staying one night, she checked out without a word earlier today" Kat's mouth dropped and her eyes became glassy.

"What?" The maid frowned at her, nodding her head slowly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry" Kat nods quickly again. Throwing her bag over her shoulder as she looks down to avoid the sympathetic gaze of the maid.

"Thanks" Quickly exiting the hotel room, she grabs her phone out of her pocket, going onto speed dial and clicking her mother's number.

After a few rings, it goes to voice mail, 'the number you have called cannot be reached, please leave a message after the beep'. Ending the call and pressing redial, the same thing happens again causing Kat to sigh.

Going back through her speed dial, she clicks Jimin's number and waits for him to pick up. Thankfully after a couple of rings he picks up straight away.

"Hello?"

"Have you talked to mom today?" Kat asks instantly, not bothering to reply with a hello.

"No why? What's wrong?" Jimin's voice turned too concerned at this.

"Apparently she checked out the hotel room this morning without a word and she was only meant to be staying one night" Kat rushes, coughing out a sob. "She won't pick up the phone and I don't know where she is"

Jimin lets out a sigh, thinking to himself for a second.

"How many times did you call?"

"Twice"

"Okay, I'll try calling her and I'll get back to you" Jimin sighs again, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm scared Oppa" Kat whispers, wiping under her eyes.

"I know," Jimin whispers back "I'm sure she's fine and she's just gone somewhere" He says, trying to make his younger sister feel anything, but sadness. "You know how she is, she probably went out to find a place to shop"

"Yeah, I guess"

"Now wipe that frown off of your face" Jimin laughs slightly, making Kat smile.

"Okay Oppa, call me as soon as you get anything"

"I will"

"I'll try calling again too" She hears Jimin hum in response. Biting her lip, she starts to walk over to the elevator and presses the button to call it up to the floor she was on. "Bye Oppa"

"Bye Kat, I'll call later" Humming in response, just like he had done, Kat hangs up the phone before going back to her mother's contact and clicking call. "Please pickup" She whispers to herself, but the only response she gets is the robotic voice of voice mail.

Hanging up, and slipping her phone back into her pocket. Kat exits the elevator and walks over to the main desk. A young girl, with blonde dip dyed hair stands behind it, nodding her head to the beat of whatever song was playing on the radio.

"Excuse me" Kat speaks, causing the girl to look up and smile.

"Yes, how can I help you?" Kat clears , before smiling slightly at the girl.

"The women, Amelia Park, in room 230, do you know where she went?" The girl thinks to herself for a second before shaking her head.

"No, I'm sorry she didn't mention where she was going, but she did ask me to call a cab for her" Kat shot the girl a confused look, raising an eyebrow.

"She spoke in Korean?" Kat asked and the girl responded with a nod.

"She spoke it fluently"

"Really?" The girl behind the desk with another nodded. "Black hair, green eyes around my height? She spoke fluent Korean?" Kat asked again, and the girl again responded with a nod.

"Yeah"

"Okay" Kat bit her lip to think for a second, placing one of her hands under her chin. "Did anything about her seem strange to you?"

The girl looked at Kat with a confused expression.

"No, she just seemed like she was in a rush and anyways, who is she to you?"

"She's my mother and I don't know where she is" The girl gasped quickly, shaking her head, bowing as she apologised.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know where she is" Kat nods again, taking a step back from the desk.

"Okay, thanks anyways"

Walking away, Kat exits the hotel, taking a deep breath. Taking her phone back out of her pocket, she unlocks it and clicks once more onto her mother's contact before clicking call. This time the phone didn't ring, the only thing to speak is:

'The number you have called has been disconnected, please check you have typed in the right number or try again'

-------------------------------------------

Tada! Chapter three!
I'm really bad at explaining the dance, so please excuse that part!

Can't wait for you guys to read the next couple of chapters! Hopefully you're going to love them! 

Please vote, comment and follow for more:)

Love ya guys!
-Kat