Chapter Two

Meant 2 Be | Woozi

! Unedited !

! Note before we start, if it's in bold when talking that means they're talking in English !

 

'Thinking back at it now, I should of said no to hanging out today' Kat thought to herself.

Two extremely long hours of staying at hers, before another three extremely long hours following Hoshi and So-Eun around as they act all cutesy, whilst avoiding having to make small talk with Woozi.

"What do you guys want for food?" So-Eun says, not aiming it at anyone as she walks hand in hand with Hoshi.

"Anything" Kat quickly replies, not looking up in their direction.

"Noodles?" So-Eun suggests, only to have Hoshi shake off the idea.

"Nah, we had them yesterday" So-Eun lets out a sigh, but nods in agreement.

"Yeah we did"

Letting out a sigh, Kat rolls her eyes slightly. Looking over to the food court, Kat bites her lip as she feels her belly rumble.

"How about we just go to the food court and we can all pick out what we want?" She suggests, causing So-Eun to agree with a nod.

"Let's do that"

Letting out a sigh of relief, Kat follows them again as they head to the food court.

'How long is this awkwardness going to last?'

-

Kat – Sent 1:24pm
Save me! I can't handle this anymore!

Jimin – Sent 1:25pm
What's up?

Kat – Sent 1:25pm
Hanging out with So-Eun, Hoshi and Woozi. Save me please! I can't handle this anymore, I feel awkward!

Jimin – Sent 1:26pm
Have you forgotten what day it is?

Kat – Sent 1:27pm
What day is it?

Giving a confused look to her phone, Kat heard a cough from in front of her. Looking up, she saw the three giving her the same confused look she was giving her phone.

"Are you okay?" So-Eun asks, making Kat nod quickly.

"I'm fine" Kat smiles. So-Eun goes to speak, only to get cut off by Kat's phone blasting out Jimin's ring tone 'Fire'.

"Who ar-..."

"Sorry" Kat mumbles, bowing her head slightly as she answers her phone. "Hello?"

"Hey" Jimin's voice comes out in a laugh. "You seriously don't remember what today is and what you're supposed to do?" Kat lets out a sigh, running a hand through her hair.

"Not a clue, but by the tone of your voice it's important"

"What date is it today?" Making yet another confused face, Kat pulls her phone away from her ear for a second to check the date.

"It's the 13th, what's so impo-..." Kat cuts herself off as soon as she remembers why the date was oh so important.

"Remember now?" Letting out a nervous laugh, Kat nods forgetting Jimin wasn't in front of her. "You have to pick up mum from the airport, because I can't since I'm not back for a few days"

Pouting slightly, Kat hits herself on the head a couple of times.

"It's this week?! I thought it was next week" Jimin laughs once again, clicking his tongue.

"Sorry baby sis, it's today at 2"

"At 2?!"

"Yes, today at 2"

Hitting herself again, Kat curses to herself.

"I'm not going to get there in time!"

"Sorry baby sis, but I have to get ready for the concert, speak to you later" Jimin states, hanging up the phone without reply.

"Oppa? Oppa?" Kat calls into the phone twice after he hung up before pouting again, cursing at him mentally for hanging up.

Hearing another cough from in front of her, Kat jumps remembering about the couple and awkward ex in front of her.

"Are you seriously okay Kat?" Hoshi asks this time, causing Kat to nod.

"I have to go, I have to pick my mum up from the airport" Kat smiles, picking up her bag and placing it over her shoulder.

"Your mums coming to visit??" So-Eun asks, making Kat frown slightly.

"Yeah, I told you when I found out" So-Eun frowns slightly, making a face that looked like she was cursing herself mentally.

"Oh yeah"

"Why do you have to pick her up?" Woozi asks, them being the first couple of words spoken to her all day.

"Because she doesn't know much Korean" Kat laughs, shaking her head slightly. "And by much, I mean none" Looking between the three, Kat smiles awkwardly. "Anyways, I have to go, see you later" The three nod as Kat starts to walk away from them as fast as possible, keeping her head down.

'You're a life saver' Kat sends a mental message to her mum, placing her hands on her cheeks as she tries to cool them down. 'I don't think I've ever felt more awkward'

"Wait!" A voice, calls from behind her making her stop suddenly. Turning around, she turns to see Woozi jog up to her. "Do you need a lift? Didn't you say on the phone you wouldn't get there in time?" Kat gasps slightly, nodding her head.

"Yeah, but it's fine, i can catch the bus"

"Let me take you" Woozi smiles slightly, going to grab onto her wrist.

"I said it's okay, i can take the bus"

"You said your mum couldn't speak Korean right?" Woozi asks, making Kat reply with a nod. "So let me take you, and i'm not taking no for an answer" Letting out a sigh, Kat nods again, pulling her hand out of his grasp.

"Okay"

-

heartbreak  [hahrt-breyk] 
noun
1. great sorrow, grief, or anguish.

That what she felt every time she unlocked her phone to see her home screen. Even if it had been two months since the break up, something inside of her just couldn't get the courage to change it.

Like, that was the one last piece of  evidence she had to prove that they had was a thing, and for the time being it was real. It was real and it made them both happy.

Before the company made them break up, before everything started going down hill. Back when everything was simpler.

Sighing, she runs her hand through her hair as she leans against the other one, looking down at her unlocked phone.

It was a selca they had taken on their second date, Jihoon had been apprehensive at first, but soon agreed...

-

Four Months Prior

"Please" Kat pouted, lightly grasping his arm. "One selca to have on my phone please"

"No, you know I'm not found of them"

Kat let out a sigh, realising the grasp she had on his arm and looked down to her lap.

"O-Okay" She faked a hiccup, turning her body away from him as she let out a fake sob. Hearing him mutter to himself, Kat decided to continue her act.

"Okay fine! One selca, but please stop crying" Kat let out a giggle, instantly stopping her act as she threw her arms around his neck.

"Thank you!" 

"You tricked me!" Jihoon let out a chuckle, shaking his head as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "I should of know"

Pulling away from the hug slightly, Kat smiles. Leaning in slightly, she goes to place a kiss on his cheek when he suddenly moves, making their lips end up together.

Jumping at the shock, Kat instinctively wrapped her arms tighter around him. She jumped again as soon as she felt him start to kiss her properly.

After a minute or two, they pull away from each other, both flushed pink.

"You moved!" Kat pointed his finger at him, turning a brighter red. "I went to kiss your cheek, but you moved"

Jihoon rolled his eyes, sending her a smirk.

"Or maybe you just wanted to kiss me"  letting out a gasp, Kat starts to hit him on the shoulder, turning brighter red again. Pouting, she gets her phone out of her pocket, unlocking it and turning on the camera to selca mode.

"Let's just take a selca" Jihoon nodded, one arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Okay"

Raising the camera above them, they both start to smile.

"Three, two, one, kimchi"

As she takes the photo, Jihoon grabs her chin, turning her head reconnecting the lips once more. Hearing clicks from the camera, as Kat over loads the phone with photos, in shock, but also in heaven. 

Pulling away, the smirk never fails to leave his lips.

"Maybe I wanted to kiss you too"

-

Sighing at the memory, she rests her head on the table.

"Is that your boyfriend?" The soft voice of her mother, makes her jump slightly.

"Have you finished unpacking?" Kat asks, trying to change the subject, looking over to the wardrobe of her mother's hotel room. Kat then looks up to her mother who gives her a look. Sighing, now knowing there was no way for her to change the subject, Kat shakes her head with a small frown forming on her face. "Ah, an ex" Nodding her head, Kat sighs again looking back at her phone, getting a better look at it, her mother raises an eyebrow. "He was the guy that was with you at the airport"

"Yeah, the ex"

"When did you break up" Biting her lip, Kat locks her phone and turns it over so the screen was against the table.

"We broke up about two months ago"

"And why haven't you change the photo yet?" Looking at her turned over phone, Kat shrugs slightly. 

"I can't bring myself to change it" She hears her mother giggle slightly, before her hand runs through Kat's hair in a comforting way.

"My little girl is in love" Not wanting to deny or agree, Kat stays silent at her mother's comment. Pouting slightly, she lets out a giggle to amuse her mother. "Does Jimin know?"

"Obviously, but apart from him only Jin and the girls knew" Kat starts "Oh and some of the members of his group, some didn't catch on"

"Why doesn't the rest of the bangtan know?"

"Because it wasn't something I could just bring up casually, you know how the boys are and anyways the company told us to break up and anyways we broke up properly before I got the chance to properly tell them" Kat explains, taking a breath. "The only reason Jin found out was because Jihoon tried to talk to me, and Jin walked in when he was about to kiss me"

"Did you want him to kiss you?" Running a hand through her hair, Kat makes a face that shows her mind was going a mile a minute.

"Can we just change the subject now?" Kat mutters, turning to look at her mother. "I'm sorry I was late to pick you up" Her mother giggles, shaking her head and putting a hand up to blow it off.

"It's okay, you've had a lot on your mind so don't worry about it"

Kat's frown turns into a smile as she lets out a giggle.

"Maybe you should start learning Korean"

"I know a bit, I think that's enough" Shaking her head in a laugh, Kat sends a playful look to her mother.

"Yeah, but what if you want to do something or talk to someone then you can't do anything"

"I can say hello and thank you, I think that's enough you know I'm not here that much as I used to be" Kat nods again, her smile flattening slightly.

"I know" Kat fakes a bigger smile, before standing up. "You had a long flight, how about I cook you some food?" She suggests and her mother smiles at the suggestion.

"I thought you'd never ask"

Kat starts to go to the kitchen before stopping when she hears her phone starts to ring. Sending an apologetic look to her mother, she picks up her phone to see it was the boss calling her.

"Hello?" Hearing a grunt though the phone, the boss soon replies.

"Hello Kat, I need you to come to my office now to have a meeting with the other girls" Kat nods her head, forgetting the boss couldn't see her.

"Oh, yeah sure"

"Good, see you when you get here bye" The boss quickly cuts her off by hanging up the phone.

"I have to go to Pledis, I'll see you later okay" Her mother nods her head with a smile.

"Have fun and be safe" Kissing her cheek, Kat nods also, grabbing her keys and heading out the door.

"See you later"

-

"So, I called you all here today for a big issue"

The boss was sat behind his desk with his hands placed together in front of him. His naturally black hair, starting to turn grey as it fell down the front of his face.

"Yes, what did you want to talk to us about?"

"Well I've decided to make your debut in the U.S. closer by making you do a cover of a famous American artist" The boss looked pleased, like it was the greatest idea he had ever thought up, and they were about to find out whether or not it was a good idea.

"What cover?"

"You're going to do a cover of Ariana Grande's song Into You and you'll do a dance number" The smile on the boss' face widened as he continued to speak. "And your dance partners will be some of the members of Seventeen I personally picked out-..."

"What?!" Kat cuts him off in shock.

"Yes, what's the problem with that?" Kat looked around each girl to see their confused faces.

"It's a y song, so we'd have to do a y dance"

"Which members did you pick?" So-Eun asks, turning her attention away from Kat and to the boss.

"Kwon Soonyoung, Choi Seungcheol, Jeon Wonwoo and Lee Jihoon" The boss starts again, his smile as wide is humanly possible. "I've also picked whose with who as you can probably guess"

Running a hand through her hair, the colour in Kat's face drops.

"This can't be good"

"Oh trust me, it's the greatest idea I've thought up for a while" The boss chimes, clapping his hands together like a toddler. "Minji and So-Eun you'll have more English classes to make sure you're ready for this English debut, and Kat and Kirsten, I'd like you to help them with learning the lyrics to the song"

"This song has no rapping in, shouldn't you pick a song that has rapping in for Kirsten and Minji?" Kat pleads, trying to change it to a less y song.

"It's fine, the girls are good singers anyways. Trust me, it'll work out fine" The boss turns around in his chair, picking up a pile of papers and placing them on the table.

'That's not what I'm worry about' Kat thought to herself, looking down at the lyrics placed in front of them.

"Learn these and also make sure to watch the music video to get a feel of it, you'll have a dance practice tomorrow at one" The girls exchanged looks between each other before turning to the boss and nodding.

There was no point in fighting a fight you couldn't win.

"How long do we have to practice?"

"You have two months, give or take depending on your progress" Nodding their heads again, the girls all let of a sigh. "You guys can go now, so i excepted these lyrics learnt by tomorrow"

"Okay"

"You guys can leave now" The boss says motioning over to the door, with a smile.

Exiting the room, the girls exchange one last glance to each other.

"How are we suppose to learn this?" So-Eun asks, looking from Kirsten to Kat.

"Watch the music video and put on English subtitles and see what you can pick up" So-Eun nods her head, looking down to the lyrics in her hand.

"I'm more worried about the dance" Kat pipes, looking between the three other girls. "We already know who he's paired up with who" The colour in her face drops again, making her run a hand through her hair and let out a loud sigh. "What am i going to do?"

The three look between each other and back at Kat.

"You learn to get through it, and you never know, maybe it'll convince the both of you to have another go" Kirsten smiles slightly, as the other girls respond with agreement.

"That won't happen" Kat laughs to herself, before shaking her head. "Anyways, who's singing what bit?"

"I guess we'll figure that out tomorrow"

The girls, look down to the paper in their hands before looking back up to each other.

"This is going to be a long two months"

"Definitely"

-

Sitting across the swivel chair in the recording studio, Kat ponders to herself about lyrics to use for the song she was writing. The paper with the song lyrics she had to learn, on the desk with all the buttons. She looked up and glared at it as it moved from the slight breeze in the room.

'Stupid song, stupid dance making me have to talk to Woozi' Letting out an annoyed sigh, she sits up slightly, not moving her legs from the side of the chair, grabbing the paper and placing it on her lap.

"I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
And all I wanna do is to fall in deep
But close ain't close enough 'til we cross the line, baby
So name a game to play, and I'll roll the dice, hey"

She already knew the words, since she had listened to it a hundred times over. It was one of those songs, where she wasn't a fan of the singer, but couldn't get the song out of her head no matter what she did. It was a great song, she just wasn't normally a fan of Ariana Grande.

"Oh baby, look what you started
The temperature's rising in here
Is this gonna happen?
Been waiting and waiting for you to make a move
(Woo, oh, oh, oh)
Before I make a move
(Woo, oh, oh, oh)"

She couldn't help, but think of Woozi after every part she sang out. Some parts standing out to her than others, but still making her feelings go crazy as she thought about him. Every single thing she couldn't bring herself to forget.

"So baby, come light me up and maybe I'll let you on it
A little bit dangerous, but baby, that's how I want it
A little less conversation, and a little more touch my body
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you
Got everyone watchin' us, so baby, let's keep it secret
A little bit scandalous, but baby, don't let them see it
A little less conversation and a little more touch my body
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you, oh yeah"

The sense of hiding their relationship for so long, only for it to fall apart before it became anything more serious. Yet, it still being serious enough to cause so much heart ache. Letting out a sigh, she runs a hand through her hair, before continuing to sing out the lyrics.

"This could take some time, hey
Made too many mistakes
Better get this right, right, baby"

Memories of arguments rushing through her mind, and everything she thought she did wrong flashing up, even if it had nothing to do with her relationship with Woozi.

The pre-chorus and chorus came back round, and the emotion in the song become more and more real.

"Tell me what you came here for
Cause I can't, I can't wait on more
I'm on the edge with no control
And I need, I need you to know
You to know, oh"

Swinging her legs up and down, still sitting across the chair. She leans her head back slightly, closing her eyes as she continues with the last two parts of the song.

"So baby, come light me up and maybe I'll let you on it
A little bit dangerous, but baby, that's how I want it
A little less conversation, and a little more touch my body
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you
Got everyone watchin' us, so baby, let's keep it secret
A little bit scandalous, but baby, don't let them see it
A little less conversation and a little more touch my body
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you, oh yeah"

Bringing her head back up, she starts to sing the final part of the song, the best she can. Now fully enjoying singing alone to herself.

"So come light me up, so come light me up my baby
A little dangerous, a little dangerous my boy
A little less conversation and a little more touch my body
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you"

Finishing the final note, the group of claps and whistles come from behind her at the door, making Kat scream and fall off the chair and onto the floor, hitting her head on the desk. Holding her head, she looks up to see the Performance Team of Seventeen along with Woozi.

"What the heck?! Why would you scare me like that?!" Kat yells, holding her forehead with the palm of her hand.

"Sorry, but you were really good!" Dino, the youngest of the group smiled widely.

"Thank you, but next time please don't scare the living day lights out of me" Still sitting on the floor, holding her head, she lets out a sigh.

"Are you okay Kat?" Minghao asks, pointing to her hurt head.

"I'm okay, thanks" Looking between each member of the performance team and Woozi, Kat lets out another sigh. "So how much did you hear?"

"About half of it" Hoshi laughs, wrapping an arm around Woozi's shoulder. "Our friend here enjoyed it a lot" Hoshi laughs more, making Woozi hit him on the stomach and let go of him in pain.

"What are you doing here?"

"Recording the new mini album" Jun responds, Woozi not even muttering a word. Nodding her head, Kat goes to get up before falling back down holding her head, being caught by Minghao just in time.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asks, bringing her up so she can stand, but still keeping an arm wrapped around her waist to be sure.

"I'm fine really, it was only a small bump" Kat smiles slightly, the pain in her head growing. Placing her hand on his to remove it from her waist, Kat goes to take a step, before falling down again into Minghao's arms.

"Yeah, you're perfectly fine" Jun mutters sarcastically, as she feels Minghao lift her up off the floor and into his arms.

"We should take her to the doctors" Dino says, looking between the boys.

"I'm fine" Kat mutters quietly, squinting as the pain continues to grow.

"No you're not, we're taking you to the doctors" Kat pouts, but agrees knowing she couldn't win.

"Which doctor? David Tennant or Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi" So she decided to make a joke instead, listing her three favourite doctors, only for the boys to look at her in confusion.

"What the heck are you on about?" This causes Kat to pout more, shaking her head.

"You guys don't know any good TV!" Shaking their heads, the boys ignore her pouts exciting the room before starting to make their ways to the nearest doctors they could find.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada! Chapter two is doneeee...

I hope the ending to this chapter wasn't bad, i wasn't to sure how to end it, so i thought this would be good.

Oh, and i've also entered Set Up | Hoshi into the Watty 2016 awards!

Please remember to vote, comment and follow for more! :D

Love you guys!

- Kat