Nine

Furball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah Boo Seungkwan! The eggs are burning." Jeonghan says, pushing Seungkwan lightly to move aside, "Let me do this instead. You go sit there and gather yourself, 'kay?"

 

Seungkwan snaps out of his thoughts, staring at the sunny side up he's cooking. His eyes widens when he realizes that it really is burnt. He grimaces, moving over to let Jeonghan take over.

 

Seungkwan slumps on the chair, staring at Jeonghan as he moves gracefully around the kitchen. He sighs, kind of annoyed at himself. Jeonghan discreetly glances at Seungkwan, sighing as well when he sees that Seungkwan is spacing out again. 

 

As Jeonghan spent more time accompanying Seungkwan, he realized that his friend frequently spaces out, stuck deep in his own thoughts. Seungkwan's also been more mean and sassy for even the smallest reasons. He became much more moody, unlike the usual Seungkwan he's known.

 

"Here, eat." Jeonghan says, putting down the plate in front of Seungkwan.

 

Seungkwan who's deep in thought again got startled by Jeonghan suddenly speaking up. He hit his knee under the table, almost knocking off the food.

 

"Ow!" Seungkwan said, rubbing his knee.

"Aigoo. I get worried for you cause you space out too often nowadays." Jeonghan says, concerned.

"Sorry." Seungkwan mutters under his breath, poking his food.

 

Jeonghan isn't used to this. He isn't used to the meek and gloomy Seungkwan. He knows Seungkwan is acting different lately because of Vernon's absence. If only Jeonghan could make Seungkwan take his mind off of things for a while. If only he could distract him somehow.

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHA ohmygosh." Jeonghan snickers.

"Uh, what are you laughing at?" Seungkwan says, staring at Jeonghan weirdly.

Jeonghan beams, "Nothing. Nothing. I just had the perfect idea."

"For what?" Seungkwan asks, confused.

"You'll see."

 

Jeonghan smiles, excited to put into action his idea. He just had the perfect idea to take Seungkwan's mind off of things.——————————

 

 

 

"Hi guys!" Jeonghan greets, sitting beside Seungcheol.

"Hi babe." Seungcheol audibly whispers, smiling.

 

Seungkwan reluctantly sat beside the two as well. They're at the gamer's hub, together with everyone else. Everyone else but Vernon. Seungkwan sighs, sulking in his seat.

 

"Gah, its been days seen we last saw you." Mingyu says, smiling at Seungkwan.

"Yeah, we missed you Seungkwan. You should go out more." Minghao says.

"Seungkwan's just too lazy too take a bath that's why he hasn't been out of his cave for days." Jeonghan teases, chuckling a little.

"Shut up." Seungkwan says.

"Here's the food." The waiter, Dokyeom, announces as he arrives placing the dishes down.

"Thanks Dokyeom." Hoshi says, smiling too wide.

 

Dokyeom smiled at Hoshi before he left the table. Hoshi laughed to himself weirdly, flushing deep red as he stared dreamily at Dokyeom's retreating back. Everyone snickered as Dokyeom left, teasing Hoshi. Seungcheol was even lightly elbowing him.

 

"Wow. You can talk to him now?" Seungkwan suddenly spoke up, genuinely surprised.

"Yeah. You should've seen him when he said those exact words for the first time. He stuttered and almost fainted, I'm telling you." Seungcheol says, guffawing in laughter.

"He even used to call him 'Dokyeom-sshi' before." Mingyu says, snickering too.

"And the funny thing is, all Hoshi can say to hyung is 'Thanks Dokyeom'." Wonwoo added, shaking his head.

"Really now?" Seungkwan says, chuckling as well.

 

Jeonghan can't help but feel elated when Seungkwan finally smiled and chuckled. He took him here to meet up with their friends so that he could take his mind off things by having fun. Jeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter