Five

Furball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Vernon woke up, he's not sure but he feels extra hyper today. He leaves his room, smiling happily. He spots Seungkwan in the dining table, setting up breakfast. Seungkwan smiles at Vernon when he sees him approaching.

 

"Good morning." Vernon greets, back-hugging Seungkwan.

"Good morning to you too." Seungkwan chuckles, "But first will you please do something about your morning breath." Seungkwan teases, elbowing Vernon.

"Shut up." Vernon says, heading to the bathroom anyways.

 

They had breakfast together, laughing and talking about random stuff. They left the dorm together as well, hands held tightly with the pup walking with them.

 

"I have to drop her off at Joshua's first. You go ahead." Vernon says once they reach the intersection.

"Oh. I'll come with you then." Seungkwan offers.

"But you'll be late--"

"Its fine. I can spare a few minutes anyway." Seungkwan says, pulling Vernon's hand.

"Besides, with the amount of stupidity you have, I'm worried you'll get lost."

"Wow. I'm so lucky to have a very caring grandma with me." Vernon sarcastically says.

"I am not a grandma! I'm too fabulous to be one!" Seungkwan protests, smiling nonetheless.

"I am not a grandma! I'm too fabulous to be one!" Vernon mimics him, starting to run ahead.

"You're so dead if I catch you." Seungkwan threatens, running after Vernon.

"Be careful grandma, you might break a bone or something." Vernon says, chuckling.

 

Seungkwan just rolls his eyes, laughing out loud when Vernon almost tripped on himself. They both reach the pet shop, panting but happy. The tiny bell rang as Vernon pushed the door open.

 

"Hi!" Vernon greets as he comes in.

"Oh, hi!" Joshua replies, his eyes landing on Seungkwan.

"Ah. Seungkwan this is Joshua. Joshua this is Seungkwan, my grandma." Vernon states.

"I am not your grandma!" Seungkwan says, jabbing his finger at Vernon's side. "Don't mind him. Anyway, its nice to meet yah." Seungkwan says, smiling at Joshua.

Joshua returns the smile, "Nice to meet you too. I uh heard so much about you." He says, taking the pup from Vernon's hand.

 

Seungkwan doesn't seem to hear though. He's too busy looking at everything around him. From the tiny hamsters running in their wheels, to the diverse fishes swimming around, the tiny rabbits munching on something. He breathes deep, inhaling the musk of different animals. He grimaces a bit. He's not really an animal-lover. He's very far from being one, he thinks. He's just not very fond of furry creatures running around, knocking things over. He wonders how Joshua manages to stay in such a place.

 

"Don't mind him. It's his first time seeing living beings that are not humans." Vernon says.

"Shut up." Seungkwan says, snapping out of his trance. "I was just checking them out." 

Joshua laughs, "You both look cute together."
"Oh I am definitely cute, pretty even. But him?" Seungkwan says, pointing at Vernon. "I don't think so."

"We better head off. You see, my other pet is starting to blabber now." Vernon says, patting Seungkwan's hair like a puppy.

"Don't touch mah hair. You're gonna ruin it, Chwe Hansol." Seungkwan says, flicking Vernon's hand off his hair.

 

Joshua chuckled, waving as the other two left the pet shop, still teasing each other. They're not all lovey-dovey but they're cute, Joshua thinks.

——————————

 

They arrived at school with their hands still intertwined. An aura of happiness and contentment surrounded the two of them. Vernon walked Seungkwan to his room, kissing his forehead before leaving. They both spent the day smiling, not giving a single care to the things around them. 

 

When lunch came, they decided and managed to persuade their friends to have lunch together in a single table. They imagined it to be fun since 'The more, the merrier', right? But oh well, some things just really won't go the way you imagine them to be. Seungkwan and Vernon realized this when they sat in a table where no one spoke and everyone poked at their food.

 

"Soooo guys, how's it going?" Vernon starts.

"Ya'll having fun, right?" Seungkwan says, unsure.

"This is awkward." Mingyu whispers, everyone heard it though because they were surrounded by silence.

"Well, um, let's start with names first, yeah? So guys, this is Seungcheol and Jeonghan hyung." Vernon introduces them.

 

The two smiled, trying their best to not look awkward. A few 'hi' muttered across the table.

 

"Aaaand these are my friends, hyung." Vernon proudly says, "This is Mingyu, the good-looking one. This is Wonwoo, he's quiet and observant, also good-looking as well. This one's Minghao, he's chinese and naive and innocent and cute. And lastly, we have Hoshi here. He's the only one who's not so good-looking among any of us." Vernon jokes, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Ha-Ha. Very funny, Chwe Hansol. I'm pretty sure I'm the most good-looking than all of you." Hoshi says, throwing a green pea at Vernon's direction.

 

Everyone else laughed. But their fun was short lived because after a few laughs everyone was back to being silent. A thick veil of awkwardness falling upon them again.

 

"Is it just me or has eating lunch really been this awkward?" Minghao innocently says.

"You're not alone, kid." Seungcheol awkwardly smiles, "We're all suffering from a horrible thing called 'awkwardness on meeting for the first time'."

Hoshi sighs, "Life is harsh, my friends."

"Indeed." Wonwoo agrees, sipping on his soda.

"Ah. He talks." Seungcheol dramatically says, garnering laughs from the table.

"He's funny. I like him." Hoshi says, snickering at Seungcheol.

"Too bad, I'm already tied to someone, my friend." Seungcheol says, putting his arm around Jeonghan's shoulder.

"His off limits. My name's already tattooed on his so." Jeonghan jokes, smiling.

"Oh, it's fine. He's not my type anyway. I just like his humor, I think we'll get along well." Hoshi says, chuckling.

"Well, isn't that nice. Ya'll are talking now." Vernon says happily, highfive-ing with Seungkwan who just rolled his eyes at him.

"I guess, war's over, huh?" Seungcheol says, looking at both Seungkwan and Vernon who just smiled at him.

"So you're both okay now?" Mingyu asks.

"Yeah." Vernon says, raising a thumb up.

"Wow. I'm glad I won't see a grumpy Seungkwan everyday now." Jeonghan teases, putting ketchup on Seungcheol's fries.

"Shut up. And will the two of you please stop acting gross?" Seungkwan says, raising his eyebrows at how sweet Seungcheol and Jeonghan are.

"Oh please. You're just jealous." Jeonghan argues, rolling his eyes. "If you're that jealous then just put ketchup on your boyfriend's plate as well. Stop bothering us, grumpy."

"I am not jealous! I-I'm--"

"He's too busy holding his boyfriend's hand so I guess he can't do that." Vernon says, reaching for Seungkwan's hand and raising it to show their friends.

"Who's acting gross now, huh?" Jeonghan snorts.

 

Seungkwan flushes a deep red. His cheeks looking pinker than usual. And that doesn't escape the eyes of his friends; even Vernon snickered.

 

"I- This- He, uh--" Seungkwan stuttered.

"Why are you stuttering, Seungkwan-sshi?" Hoshi teases.

"And oh my, he looks so flushed." Jeonghan dramatically says.

"You sick Boo?" Vernon snickers.

"Shut up. I'm j-jus--"

"Wow. This is my first time seeing him stutter." Minghao says, genuinely amazed.

"And he's blushing too." Wonwoo adds.

"Behold a sight you'll rarely see, my newly found friends." Seungcheol snickers.

 

Everyone in the table laughed. Seungkwan flushed much more, smiling nonetheless. Vernon smiled too, happy to see that everyone's getting along with each other. This idea isn't so bad after all, he thinks.

——————————

 

After a  few more messy lunches together, everyone has finally settled in with each other. Seungcheol and Hoshi were a great duo, never failing to make the mood cheery. Jeonghan was surprisingly able to make quiet Wonwoo talk a little bit much more. Even Minghao was fond of Jeonghan. He looked up to him like he was his mom. Seungkwan was doing well too. He'd have this daily banter with Hoshi where they'll throw insults at each other and see who'll get the last word. It was entertaining for the others,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter