Four

Furball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vernon woke up early. Too early. The sun haven't even started rising and all you can hear is cricket sounds and the wind blowing. He stood up from his bed, determined to accomplish his goal.

 

Vernon didn't bother to open the lights. He silently tiptoed across the hallway to his target. He moved quickly, intent to finish fast before things go wrong. He makes sure that he got everything in the right place for things to work. After a few minutes, he gives the room one last glance and retreats back to his own room.

 

A few hours later, Vernon wakes up again. This time the sun is up and birds are already chirping outside. He quickly prepares to go to school and leaves quietly, snickering as he closes the door.

 

——————————

 

"Hey guys!" Vernon greets Minghao and Hoshi as he walks in the quadrangle.

"Wow. This is new. Aren't you early today?" Hoshi teases, chuckling.

"Just trying for a change. What're you guys doing so early in the campus anyway?" Vernon asks.

"Nothin'. Just chillin'." Hoshi coolly says.

"We're required to be here before everyone else because we're part of the SC Officers. Student representatives, remember?" Minghao explains.

"Ah. So um what happens when you arrive late?" Vernon inquires.

"Well, we get a verbal warning for the first offense." Minghao answers.

"Just that?" Vernon unbelievingly says.

"Don't 'just that' that. Mrs. Choi will be the one to give the verbal warning. You know how much of a monster she is, man." Hoshi says, shaking his head.

"Oh. Well, that's good enough then." Vernon says, smiling.

"Good enough for what?" Minghao confusedly asks.

"You'll see." Vernon says, grinning wider.

"Dude, stop smiling. You look like a 60-year-old psychopath." Hoshi says, facepalming.

"Shut up." Vernon says, jokingly pushing Hoshi away.

 

——————————

 

 "Each class has to have a booth an--" Woozi gets cut off in his discussion when the SC Office's door suddenly swings open.

"Great. I'm so fcking late." The newly arrived Seungkwan curses under his breath.

 

Everyone in the room stares at him unbelievingly. The always picture-perfect, fashionista diva Boo is nowhere to be seen. The man standing in front of them is wearing a slightly wrinkled shirt, faded jeans, mismatched socks and sneakers. His hair isn't in its fluffy glorious state like how it has always been, instead its puffy like a bird's nest. Even his face is bare of any trace of cosmetic, not even a simple powder. He's never been seen in such a state that everyone is left staring with their mouths agape at Seungkwan's current appearance.

 

"The fck are you staring at?" Seungkwan says, crossing his arms.

 

Everyone in the table immediately looks away. Seungkwan makes his way beside Jeonghan, grumbling as he sat down.

 

"Did you get robbed or what?" Jeonghan quietly whispers, pretending to listen to Woozi.

"Robbed could've been much better." Seungkwan groans.

"What happened then? You look like you just woke up. Did you even take a bath?" Jeonghan snickers a bit.

"The kid, that devil child Vernon turned off my alarm and fcking took everything I needed and put them in my closet. And he fcking padlocked it." Seungkwan slams his hand on the table, unable to control his annoyance.

"Hey grumpy. We're in the middle of a meeting so tone it down a bit, will'ya?" Seungcheol sternly warns.

 

Jeonghan comfortingly squeezes his hand. Seungkwan just shrugs. He crosses his arms and leans back on his chair. His eyes roam among the people in the table, then he spots two familiar people, Hoshi & Minghao, which he recalls as Vernon's friends. He sees them steal glances at him so he just rolls his eyes. He barely even payed attention to Woozi's discussion and whatnot. A few minutes and he didn't even notice the time pass by.

 

"Okay. Meeting's adjourned. We're done for today." Woozi announces, smiling at everyone. 

 

Everyone finally stands up, preparing to leave. Seungkwan does too but even before he can take a step away, Woozi stopped him already.

 

"Um, Seungkwan, Mrs. Choi would like you to meet her in her office." Woozi says, nodding towards the door.

 

Seungkwan groans. Mrs. Choi's the worst of all. She's this old sarcastic annoying guidance counselor that they have. She'd nag and nag and go on about a ton of things for hours. Seungkwan didn't like her because she gets on his nerve. 

 

He's definitely having a bad day and its all because of that devil Vernon. First, he woke up late because the kid turned off his alarm. Then he got much later because everything he needed to prepare for school was fcking padlocked inside his closet. Then now he has to fcking endure hours of Mrs. Choi's endless nagging. Seungkwan walks with heavy footsteps, plotting his revenge while making his way to Mrs. Choi's office.

 

——————————

 

Vernon was whistling a happy tune when he arrived at their table on lunch time.

 

"Someone looks happy." Mingyu greets him as Vernon sat down.

"Revenge is sweet, my friends." Vernon says, chuckling.

"You are so mean." Minghao says, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"What? He asked for it." Vernon defends himself.

"Wait. What exactly happened?" Wonwoo suddenly butts in.

"Vernon's being a jerk. That's what's happening." Minghao says.

"I am not." Vernon says, "I'm just giving him what he asked for. Why are you taking his side anyway?"

"Oh please, don't be childish. I just feel sorry for him because your pranks are much meaner than his." Minghao says.

"That just shows how awesome I am." Vernon snickers.

"Seriously dude, have you seen him today? He barged in the SC Office this morning and he was so pissed off." Hoshi says, remembering the scene at their meeting earlier.

"What did you do anyway?" Mingyu asked, taking a sip from his soda.

"Nothin' big really. I just turned off his alarm so he'd wake up late. Then I gathere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter