Seven

Furball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The plane to NY wasn't special in any way. Vernon endured hours seating there, either secretly playing games on his phone or sleeping. He didn't stop thinking about his friends back home though, especially his Boo.

 

Vernon heaved a sigh when he got off the plane. Finally, back to land, he thinks. He pulled out his phone, checking his messages. 47 messages and most of them were from his friends, he had to scroll down some more before he spotted his mom's text. 'Go straight to the hospital' the messages says. Vernon breathes in, settling in with his surroundings. He feels oddly new yet familiar to everything around here. He grew up here but he has something bothering him, not letting him be at ease. He shakes off the feeling and hails a cab, telling the driver where to go.

 

Once he arrived at the hospital, he immediately went to the nurse's desk.

 

"Hi! Um, is a certain Chwe--"

"Vernooooon!" A familiar voice calls him.

 

Vernon turns around immediately and smiles widely when he sees who called him.

 

"I missed you!" Sofia, his younger sister runs to him and hugs him.

"I missed you too. Where's dad?" Vernon says, returning the hug.

"Upstairs with mom. Come, I'll show you the way." Sofia says leading the way.

 

Vernon chuckled at his sister's excitement. He carried his bags and started following her to the elevator.

 

"So, how's school?" Vernon starts.

"Fine. Yours?" 

"I'm doing fine as well." Vernon smiles, "Much better than you are actually." He teases.

"Heeey, i'm top of my class! What are you saying?" Sofia protests.

"Oh really now? I guess I have to treat you some time then since you've been studying hard lately." Vernon pretends to think.

"You bet you should." Sofia says, smiling.

 

Ding.

 

They both stepped out of the elevator and walked towards the last door. Sofia knocked softly before opening the door.

 

"Mom, Vernon's here." Sofia states.

"Oh good. How was your flight? Let me get your bags, you must be tired." His mom stands up approaching to get his bags.

"I'm fine, mom. Go sit down, I can handle myself." Vernon smiles, putting his bags aside.

 

Vernon sits beside her, looking at his dad. 

 

"What happened?"

"He's body gave up on him. The doctors said it might be because of lots of stress and over fatigue." His mom said, holding his dad's hands gently.

 

Vernon could only smile sympathetically at his mom, rubbing her back comfortingly. "He'll be okay, mom. We'll all be okay."

——————————

 

 

 

When Seungkwan got back home from the airport, their dorm room was quiet. Too quiet, he thinks. He flops down the couch and stares at the ceiling, sighing. He wonders how long will Vernon stay there. Its just been minutes since he left but Seungkwan misses him already. He closes his eyes, breathing in deeply.

 

Ring.

 

Seungkwan slowly opens his eyes and sighs. He lazily stood up and picked up the telephone.

 

"Yoboseo. This is Boo Seungkwan speaking. What do you need?"

"Hi Seungkwan-sshi. This is Joshua from the pet store. I'm going to close the shop early today because its a weekend so I just wanted to remind you that Poo's still here." 

"Oh yeah, sure. I'm on my way." Seungkwan says, putting the phone down after exchanging goodbyes.

 

Seungkwan jogged his way to the pet store. Scolding himself for forgetting to pick up the puppy right away. When he arrived, Joshua was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter