Ten

Furball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello? This is Seungkwan. Who am I talking to?"

 

Silence. Seungkwan heard nothing but silence in return. He frowned.

 

"Hello?" Seungkwan asks. "Hell--"

"Boo. Its me."

 

Seungkwan gasps. He suddenly grips the phone tighter, his knuckles turning white. He feels his throat tighten, his eyes suddenly glassy. He can't believe he's hearing a voice that is all too familiar, a voice he's been wanting to hear for weeks. He knows exactly who it is. 

 

With a shaky breath he whispers, "V-Vernon?"

 

On the other line, Vernon held his breath as he heard that familiar sweet voice call his name. Relieved to hear Seungkwan again after such a long time. It's only been weeks but for Vernon it feels like years already. He missed this. He missed his voice. He missed his Seungkwan.

He closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the wall. He breathes out a deep sigh before forcing himself to chuckle half-heartedly.

 

"Hi Boo, missed me?" He says.

"I... You... Ohmygod..." Seungkwan was momentarily in a loss for words. He still can't believe that he's talking to Vernon. He breathes deep, frustration suddenly flashing in his face, making anger boil in the pit of his stomachs. "Ohmygod. How dare you call me now? Its been weeks! Do you know how worried I was over your sorry ?!" Seungkwan frustratedly pants, shedding a few angry tears which he wipes right away.

"I'm sorry, Boo. I am." Vernon says sincerely, sighing.

"I missed you, you idiot." Seungkwan says, his voice shaking.

"I missed you too, Boo," Vernon smiles, sighing, "so much."

"I hate you! Why didn't you call me sooner?" Seungkwan whines, frowning deeper.

"I was kinda busy. I'm really sorry, Boo. I'll make it up to you when I get home." Vernon tries his best to console him.

"But when will you come home?" Seungkwan asks.

"Soon, Boo." Vernon sighs, "Not now but soon."

"You better!" Seungkwan says.

"I promise I will." Vernon swore.

 

——————————

 

 

Jeonghan woke up to the smell of food wafting in the air. Yawning, he walked out of his room kinda confused. He went straight for the kitchen and momentarily stopped on his tracks by the sight of Boo Seungkwan cooking. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't imagining.

 

"Good morning." Seungkwan greets him, smiling widely.

"Oh wow, um, good morning. I see you're in a good mood today." Jeonghan said, taking a seat.

 

Seungkwan only smiled wider, placing the food he cooked for them on the table.

 

"Did you wake up extra early just to cook me breakfast? Because if you did, I might love you a little more than I love Seungcheol." Jeonghan chuckles, eyeing the various dishes placed in front of him.

"Dream on." Seungcheol teases, "I woke up early because Woozi called for a meeting today."

"He did? Well I gotta eat up then." Jeonghan says, smiling at Seungkwan, "Thanks for the food Seungkwannie. I hope I don't die from food poisoning." He teases as he starts to eat.

"I hope you do." Seungkwan jokes, laughing.

 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes, smiling anyway. He stole glances at Seungkwan as they ate, noticing how the latter seems to have a permanent smile on his face. He doesn't miss the chance to point this out and . Earning him an eye roll and a sassy comeback from Seungkwan. Jeonghan just smiles, glad to see Seungkwan be himself again, smiling and laughing genuinely.

 

——————————

 

 

The meeting that Woozi called did not even last for five minutes. It turned out that he simply wanted them to arrive at school early because it was the first day of the preparation for their school carnival. 

 

"We have nothing to talk about but we have much to do. So move, people."  Woozi says, clapping his hands.

 

Each officer then went to the particular places they were assigned to help. Their booth was a 'Human Auction Booth'. Basically, they were going to auction random students and whoever bids the highest would get to spend the whole fair day with that person. Seungkwan was already assigned to be the auctioneer so he had the privilege to do nothing until the carnival day itself.

Jeonghan volunteered to make their booth signage and flyers. He was already sprawled on the floor drawing a draft of what it would look like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter