Eight

Furball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking care of a puppy was not an easy task. Specially if the said puppy is bratty as fck. Seungkwan learns this by experience.

 

"I'm telling you Jeonghan, it doesn't listen to me! It's evil!" Seungkwan argues on the phone.

"Don't raise your voice. Are you trying to make me deaf?" Jeonghan complains, "Anyway, maybe if you just try to coo at it or get closer to it perhaps it'll obey you." Jeonghan suggests.

"How the heck do you think I'll get closer to it when the moment our eyes meet all I feel is annoyance for it. I bet she feels the same!" Seungkwan says, and from the sound of it he's banging the table from the other end of the line.

Jeonghan sighs, amused at his friend's problem, "Why don't you go out and play in the plaza? It'll be fun and its a chance for you to get closer."

"Why don't you do it?! You think its easy?! If you could only see how infuriating this dog is!" Seungkwan says, completely annoyed.

"Chill Boo Seungkwan." Jeonghan stifles a laugh, "Why are you suddenly so mad? I just made a suggestion."

"Why?! Because the freakin' annoying devil is growling at me right now! That's why!"

"You know what? Go to the plaza. You both need some air. I'll meet you there so just go, okay?" Jeonghan says.

"Fine. And be quick!" Seungkwan says cutting off the call.

 

Jeonghan snorted at how the pup got Seungkwan so riled up. He stood up from his couch and went to the bathroom, preparing to leave for the plaza. He wouldn't want to make Seungkwan wait, specially when he's basically a time bomb waiting to explode.

——————————

 

 

 

"What now?" Seungkwan says, cocking his eyebrows.

"You spend time with it." Jeonghan says, cuddling the pup in his hand.

"And how do you suggest we do that?" Seungkwan crosses his arms.

"Walk or something like that?"

"'Kay." Seungkwan says, walking off.

"C'mon, Poo. Bear with me and behave so your majesty, Boo Seungkwan, won't kill us both, yeah?" Jeonghan says, putting the pup down.

"I can still hear you, y'know." Seungkwan says, rolling his eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes. Come here instead and walk with her." Jeonghan says, pulling Seungkwan.

"Doesn't she have legs? Can't she walk without me beside her? Huh?" Seungkwan says, crossing his arms.

"Will you stop being so stubborn?" Jeonghan says, flicking Seungkwan.

"Fine! Fine, whatever." Seungkwan says, walking with the pup in lead.

 

The trio walked together in silence. Seungkwan would occasionally huff and frown while Jeonghan just smiled amusedly at his friend. The pup was quiet for the most part of the walk, she'd get hyped up when they walk past something she finds interesting but at least she doesn't run away. When they passed an ice cream cart, Jeonghan bought two, hoping it'll cool down Seungkwan's mood.

 

"Here. Since you look like you really need one." Jeonghan says, handing Seungkwan the ice cream cone.

"Thanks, mom." Seungkwan says, rolling his eyes but smiling anyway.

"So how have you been?" Jeonghan casually says, starting to walk again.

"We've been walking together for like five minutes already and you're asking me that just now? Wow." Seungkwan says, snorting.

"Shut up and just answer my question, kid." Jeonghan says.

"Well, if you must know, I'm fine." Seungkwan says.

"Really? Define 'fine', Boo Seungkwan." Jeonghan says just staring ahead.

Seungkwan looked at Jeonghan, "Fine as in okay. I'm telling you I'm fine so quit it. I know where this is heading."

"Fine as in okay but not happy. That's you right now, huh?" Jeonghan says, looking at Seungkwan meaningfully.

 

Seungkwan shifted his gaze downwards, on the ground. He's really fine. Well, that's what he tells himself everyday since Vernon left but that's because it's the truth. Or is it?

 

Seungkwan's thoughts are interrupted by a bark. The pup was barking at a butterfly flying near it. When the insect started flying away, the pup ran and followed it. Seungkwan's eyes widened, he looked at Jeonghan who only said a simple "Seungkwan, do something!".

 

Seungkwan ran after the small pup. He hates how the pup can run so fast despite being small. There were also other people in the plaza and Seungkwan hates how they're littered everywhere, making it harder for him to chase the pup. He's killing Jeonghan a thousand times in his head for just standing there and letting him do all the chasing. He hates how he realizes that the puppy isn't running after the butterfly anymore, but instead its running because Seungkwan is chasing her. So Seungkwan stops abruptly, too abrupt actually. And that's why he freakin' slipped and landed on his face, literally.

 

"Oh wow. Are you okay?" Jeonghan says, approaching Seungkwan and helping him up.

Seungkwan just rolled his eyes at Jeonghan, dusting himself, "Why is she still not stopping?" He frowns, staring at the pup who's still running.

"She still thinks you're playing. Go and call her name." Jeonghan urges him, smiling widely.

"POO!" Seungkwan shamefully calls out, annoyed at himself for naming the pup like that.

 

The pup then stops and stares at him for a few seconds before trotting towards them. Seungkwan and Jeonghan sat at a nearby bench while they let the pup drink and rest as well.

 

"Doesn't he have a nanny or something? I remember Vernon mentioning something about that before." Jeonghan says.

"Ah Joshua? He's a kid that works at a pet store. But I don't really want to bother him so much that's why I'm trying to take care of it by myself."

"How heroic." Jeonghan teases him, chuckling.

"Shut up." Seungkwan says, smiling anyway, "But hey, you're pretty good at handling her and I noticed that she likes you. So I was thinking if you coul--"

"No Seungkwan. I won't take care of your puppy. Even if its so adorable." Jeonghan says, cutting Seungkwan off.

"What? No. Will you let me finish first?" Seungkwan says, rolling his eyes. "I was just trying to ask you to help me take care of it. You're not gonna do anything except for teach me how to properly take care of it."

"Oh. But what do I get in return?" Jeonghan grins.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter