Mozaic 9 - Flowers and song about flowers

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where am I? Is the first thing she thought of the moment she opens her eyes.

 

Jung Eunji wakes up to the foreign ceiling and she had a little panic moment after smell something different, it was weird and new—strong smell, not usual lemonade from her room. She needs to clutches her chest when someone pulls doorknob and eyes bulged out in surprise when a figure of someone from her wild dream shows up and steps into the room.

“Oh you wake up,” he said along with a light smile and his face somehow seems relieved.

The girl gulped down hardly while clutching onto the sheet, “Where am I? Why am I here?” she asked, her voice full of confusion and doubt.

And wary, to his note. Which thug somehow pain from somewhere in his chest, “Hospital, you fainted, Eunji-ya.” He answered as he continues to walk closer to her bed.

Faint? She blinked to his answer, try to recall what happened to her until she ends up admitted here, the sound of lighting outside the window triggers her brain to work faster. Rain, flowers, umbrella. She turned her head to him who now already sits less than half of the meter from her position. This realization brings back her anxiety and he seems to know that she feels uncomfortable, since without word he pushed back his chair a bit further. “I am sorry.” She muttered quietly as she drops her head down, can’t meet his famous intimidate gaze.

“What doctor says?” she timidly asked, still with head hang low and sight on her nails.

“Strain.” He answered after blink once doesn’t believe that she ask him.

His answer brought the girl lifts her head and eyes him, “Strain? Me?”She asked in disbelief.

That guy nods, “Yeah, he said you were under severe stress in a short time. You just need to take some more sleep.” He repeated what he heard from that doctor this evening.

Severe stress? Jung Eunji sighed after realization hit her; that longtime nightmare visited quite often recently and that unexpected meeting, this.. of course, she was not good. She nods to herself and takes pause some seconds before voice out what she wants, “I need to go home.”

Her words bring a sour expression in him, “You still need to be here. The doctor said you need to stay at least one day more.”

She turned her attention from her nails to him, face him straight and directly, “But I am okay, it’s just fatigue. I want to go home.” Said her, insisted.

“Eunji-ya..” He pleads, feels extremely frustrated by her stubbornness that definitely out of the roof. Something that always turned his mind upside-down, thing that he hardly can handle, still. Something indeed doesn’t change.

Jung Eunji flinched a little upon hearing his plead, this boy and his signature of deep voice is bad news for her. Yet with fist clenched on a sheet, she determined to not waver and try to strikes him away. She needs to. Being with him alone in one room is just way too much. “I need to go home.” The girl repeated her words.

“Jung Eunji!”

His sharp warn rings clearly on her ear, she sighed before turned attention on him who seems upset to himself for lose his cool few seconds ago; carried away by her stubbornness and ends up regretting, “I thanked you for brought me here, really, but please... we both are uncomfortable now.” She spoke up which fully get him; Song Minho eyes her intensely, try to find any fault on her because her first words just sound off. He needs to make sure that she didn’t mean to thank him. That she just say it soullessly just to make her last words doesn’t sound rude.

“I can’t, Eunji-ya.” After a quite long pause, he finally let out his answer. He closes his eyes and shakes his head weakly, “I’m sorry, I can’t..” repeated him, “I just want to make sure that you to be fine.”

She sighed; defeated because she had expected him to act this way.

 

 

That night, they spent the most awkward night ever. Song Minho just eagerly agreed when she said that she won’t ask for leave tonight but he had to maintain distance from her, he needs to stay away from her and could only sit on the couch.

It was weird. Jung Eunji feels like want to slap herself for agreeing to stay in the same room with someone she had avoided for a decade, someone from her wildest dream, someone that makes her often dreamed of snow, someone that makes her ever feel depressed, lonely and mostly helpless. Someone that she needs to be scared of. Someone that almost ruined herself.

“You didn’t look surprised,” Eunji spoke out her thought.

Song Minho stops doing his thing and turned his attention completely on her, “What do you mean?” he asked- much to just want to hear her speak more.

“You know what I mean.” She said while close book she has been reading, “since when?” she asked more straightly.

Her straight question brings a thin smile on his lip, Song Minho had always loved that side of her. “Since you came.” He answered, paused a second before try to add some explanation, “I had people..”

“That’s creepy.” She cut his explanation, which caught the man off guard. “I should’ve recorded it.” She mumbled quietly after.

Song Minho frowned upon hearing what she mumbled about, “for what?”

“Gonna reported it to police.”

Her words make the man beamed like a fool, but Minho couldn’t know more since the girl lay down and has her back face his side. Put end to their short moment or so what he thought of. But it was more than enough for him to have the silliest grin plastered on his lip; to make him feel happiest that very moment.

 

Song Dana texted him before, ask where he was and he randomly answers with an excited emoticon which earned her to called him weird, but he enjoyed it. He turned to her, mumbled audibly a sincere thank you to God for let him have this moment- real moment. Something that he never dares even to imagine. Then his attention turned into her belonging which is right next to him; Someone from dry-cleaner came when she still unconscious. A small smile appeared again in his face when he remembers that the girl doesn’t eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter