Hectic Camping 2

Youth's Passion

 

"where's myungsoo? he's not helping here?" Sera asked after scanning around 

"he's sick, sunny sunbae carried him to the teacher's tent" yugyeom answered, wiping his hands off the mud and grab a bottle of water from Taehyung.

"yeah, he suddenly had a cold sweat and a pain on his chest, you should check on him" Even before Taehyung finished his words, Sera turn back and ran to the teacher's tent.

The tent is so full, there's a bit of space in the middle for the sick students lay down, Sera found myungsoo surrounded with teachers and seniors. She's walking through the crowd, the weather is getting colder, seeing everyone with thick jacket, sitting close with each other hugging their knees. She sat down on myungsoo's side.

"what happen? is he okay?" Sera asked

"he will, but for now he's not" one teacher answered, and put her palm on myungsoo's head "his fever is still high, and he's still sweating, can you get a hot water Sera?"

"right away ma'am~" Sera went through the crowd to get the hot water, she fill 2 big bottles with hot water and back to myungsoo.

"here ma'am, i'll put one bottle on his stomach, it can warm his body faster" Sera gave one bottle to the teacher. Sera lift myungsoo's shirt to put the warm bottle on his stomach and wet a towel to put on myungsoo's back. Minutes passed, myungsoo awake.

"it's cold, argh.. sorry, i didn't mean to be a burden" he mumbled with hoarse voice.

"it's fine.. just rest" the teacher replied

"oh, Sera, thanks again, sorry for being a burden for the second time" myungsoo said when realized Sera was also there, massaging his hands and legs.

"quit it, are you really okay? you were fine an hour ago." Sera asked annoyed, anyone can see she's really worried over myungsoo.

"Sera, are you free? help us, many are sick in the hut" yonghwa sunbae asked, poking his head from the tent's window and left right away

"sure, i'll be there in a sec" Sera answered back, taking off her raincoat and her hoodie.

"here, cover yourself" Sera covered myungsoo's body and put her raincoat back on

"no it's fine, you wear it, it's cold outside" myungsoo replied, refusing.

"i said, wear it. i'll be too busy running around than feeling cold" Sera button up her raincoat, lifted her meds bag, and ran to the hut.

'gosh, this stubborn girl. i'm fine i said. you haven't rest and keep running back and forth since passing the dinner' myungsoo sigh

"you can never win against her, right?" the teacher said 

"i think so"

----

 

Sera arrived at the hut, and a calling voices come from each side asking for help. Sera quickly moving from students to students, she gave the meds and cajuput oil and move to the other student who is in a more serious condition. One girl is shivering, sweating cold. "it's cold" she mumbled shutting her eyes tightly.

"should we move her to the teacher's tent?" one of the student there asked.

"it's too far, here..rub it on her neck, stomach, keep her warm, i'll go get some hot water" Sera ran back to the teacher's tent. She filled the bottles while checking on myungsoo. The teachers are still there, myungsoo covered with Sera's hoodie, Sera relieved seeing him awake, she can hear their conversation, there's a girl standing near him, Sera notice her, she's from the other cooking class.

"now you're wide awake..ckckck boys.." one of the teacher said to myungsoo

"now quick gain your strength, aren't you ashamed laying down weakly in front of the girl you like, myungsoo?" the other teacher added

'like..?' sera thought, totally not focused on the hot water

"Sera watch out! it's full! you'll burn your hands" jungkook who also come to get some hot water said, after seeing Sera not looking at the bottle she hold. 

"it's Son Naeun from cooking class B, apparently, Myungsoo likes her so the teacher asked her to come." jungkook explained while filling his bottles after Sera finished.

"see you, i'm back to the hut~" Sera closed the bottles and walk back to the hut hugging the bottles

'i never knew he likes someone, Son Naeun? never heard.' Sera though while walking to the hut. She knew something is bothering her mind, but she didn't know what and why. Her thought fell apart when someone called her, telling her to go faster.

It's 3 at the morning, Sera spent hours helping the other sick students and helping the seniors. There's no one that got sick anymore, but some are still resting in the teacher's tent or in the hut. Most of the students spent the first night piling up sleeping in the hut. The situation gets calmer as the rain stopped.

"Sera, sit here. rest a little bit, you haven't rest since dinner" Sunny sunbae said patting the wet grass.

The seniors are too tired to care about laying on a wet grass, they already wet from the rain though. Sera sat down straightening her legs, she just realized how tired she is. She havent changed from her black training pants and grey t-shirt that she used since dinner, and now it's all wet, she didn't even know where she take of her raincoat. it's just too hectic.They lay down there until the sun showed up.

----

 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwm44GuPqNk EXO - I Like You

The new day start with the students back to their camp to check their belongings, clean up the wet tent and change clothes. After a simple breakfast, the activity starts as it scheduled. The sick students are still resting inside the tent. While the others start with morning exercise and continued with group game. They move from the centre field to the small field near their tents and sat according to their groups.

"morning~ it really does help me" myungsoo said while putting Sera's hoodie from her back, he squated down on her side.

"are you sure you're fine now? rest more~" Sera said putting her palm on myungsoo's forehead.

"i'm fine, thanks to you" myungsoo said while messing sera's bangs. "why dont you change your clothes? it's all wet, you'll get sick." myungsoo patted Sera, checking her clothes.

"i'll just let it dry on me, i'm too tired to change, i haven't checked my tent either." sera replied while stretching her upper body.

"do you even eat your breakfast?" myungsoo asked back, worried

"nope, i'm resting with yonghwa sunbae and everyone until now. they haven't change either, see.." Sera pointing the seniors in front, they're going to lead the game. "oh, it's starting" Sera correcting her position facing the seniors, Myungsoo went back to his groups after patting Sera's head.

"are you sure you guys are not dating?" one girl asked Sera. it's not the first time others asked Sera or Myungsoo about it. 

"yes we're sure" 'yes, i'm sure'

"okay we're going to start the game, it's just a simple game, we know everyone are tired after last night unfortunate situation, and so we are. So we're going to play some psychologic games, oh wait, where's Kim Sera? cooking class A, Kim Sera?" yonghwa sunbae asked while tiptoeing, trying to find Sera.

"here" Sera pull up her right hand

"come here, you're not going to participate in this game, seeing how active you are last night, i'm pretty sure you can help us during the game"

Sera walked to the front while the other students cheering on her, they know it means so much to get seniors attention and everyone can see, Sera already did. Last night when all the freshman just staying to keep themselves warm until morning, Sera is the only freshman running around back and forth, the seniors were also keep asking her help since she's so dependable they don't care about the fact she's still a freshman.

The day passed with games, a light hiking, singing and free times. Sera and the other seniors from JRC club are discussing about what their club going to show at the campfire.

"let's just sing our song..we don't have much time or energy to create other thing" Yonghwa as the club president suggest

"that's perfect, plus we have many candles left from the game property, let's light that on while singing" Sunny added

It was decided they will sing JRC club song, that they made for JRC competition last year.

"you really didn't change huh?" Myungsoo sat down. It's free time and Sera is resting under a tree on the hill.

"it's all dried..i told you" Sera patting her now dry clothes

"but it's still dirty, look! the mud is also dried on your cloth" myungsoo lay down on his back

"we're camping, not hanging out at mall, it's a must to be dirty" sera followed and lay back,  "so..it's Son Naeun right?" sera chuckled

"you saw?!" myungsoo got up and turn to Sera, his small eyes, now enlarge.

"excuse me~ i went back and forth to the teacher's tent for God knows how many times, and of course i saw how you smile brightly with that weak body"

"argh! that's soooo embarassing, it's not even a year and i embarassed myself twice" myungsoo throw himself back on the grass "while you getting respect and attention from the seniors and teachers"

"i'm not,"

"yes you are, i'm laying there last night and all the teachers talking about is how helpful you are, running around helping others, don't even care you're all wet and dirty, you're wearing this shirt, pants and sandals when others are stuck with each other under blankets" myungsoo pointing sera from head to toe, sera replied with a chuckle

"the sky is so bright and calming, after all the storm it made last night, i like it so much" sera take a long breath and sigh

"yes it is gorgeous, i love the bright sky also" myungsoo take a peek of Sera on his side and smile. 'plus under the bright sky with you, is a new thing i like to do' myungsoo said inside. They stay there until the blue sky turn orange and red, darker and darker.

The siren from loudspeaker went on, and heard all over the camping ground.

"come, it's the camp fire sign" myungsoo got up and pulled Sera. They went to the centre field to watch the campfire and sat near eunji, they can see jungkook helping the seniors bringing the woods to the centre, in a minutes the campfire started. Everyone amazed looking the fire dancing with all its galore, after all the madness last night, finally they can enjoy the camp.

"hey, you are okay right? thi is the second time i saw you faint, as i know most boys didn't get sick easily like you, unless...unless..you're not right?" Sera nudge Myungsoo's knee

"not what?" he looked into Sera's eyes

"you know, like in the dramas and movies....you..ack!" myungsoo knock Sera's forehead with his own.

"you watch too many dramas. i'm not.. so unfortunately i'm not leaving you soon" he smiles and scratching sera's bangs. his eyes turn like a crescent moon when he smile.

"Sera, Myungsoo, help us to pass it around the members of JRC, it's for the show later" Sunny said and giving a plastic full of candles.

Sera and Myungsoo finished passing the candles and wait for the cue from Yonghwa, then they will turn the candles on and singing along.

The song began with senior Jonghyun's guitar playing, the candles start shining one by one. 

"such a beautiful sight" Sera whispered, smiling

"it is"  Myungsoo replied 'i'm glad watching it with you, Sera'

 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9fAC_vPlZws Standing Egg - Starry Night