Exam 2

Youth's Passion

“Sera … help me, quick, quick” Myungsooo give his red tie to Sera. They all just changed into the kitchen uniform and wait for the teacher.

“ckckck, you really ask me till the last second huh?”

“heeelp… I tried to do it alone but I just can’t”

“okay! stand here first” Mrs. Gabie said.

They all stand in a line, with Myungsoo still stuck his neck out and Sera still tip-toeing to do his tie. Mrs. Gabie just sigh looking at them. There’s another guy on her side, it’s the guy who’ll judge their food and give the certificate.

“I’ll call you by names and check your uniform then go inside, wait at your station” Mrs. Gabie said, and then they were called and checked. Not like before, they usually said what mistakes the students did, but now they just checked from head to toe and told the students to come inside while they wrote something on the paper. Which is more scary.

“alright guys, we’ll start after we pray together, now, let’s pray” Mrs. Gabie told and the others starts to pray inside their heart

“now, I believe you’ve practice for weeks, and nervous for months, now is your time to let it all out. Do your best, stay focused, I’ll look forward for your dishes guys. Start!” the guy starting the exam, and then the sound of stove , pans clanking, knife meets the wooden cutting board starts to fill the kitchen, everyone worked hard and stay focused, some already looked panic running around searching for the seasoning the teacher provide.

Hours passed, one by one starts finished their dishes, they put the whole 4 dishes, Appetizer, Soup, Main Course, and Dessert in the school’s restaurant to be judged.

“ha~ finally” Sera let out a big sigh as she cleaned her station, they just finished putting their dishes in the restaurant and they back to the kitchen to clean it.

“I knew right… finally, it’s all out of our hands now..” Eunji replied

“let it be… let it be…” Sera humming

“Everyone…let’s move to the Restaurant, and stand beside your menu.” Mrs. Gabie said loudly

Sera stood beside her dishes, she looked far on her left, she can see Myungsoo looking on his menu, his back showed her how much he’s nervous yet relieved. The judging take 30 minutes, and the students get their free time until they were called for the result.

“good job..” Sera pat Myungsoo’s shoulder. He looked back and smile

“you too… gosh I can’t believe I did it.”

“I told you to believe in yourself, see? You can do this.” She smiled again

“thanks to you of course”

“I’ll do anything to my people.. now, stand there. I’ll take a picture” Sera said and takng a few steps back. “3, 2, 1, done”

“now come here, let’s take ours” Myungsoo grab Sera wrist to stand on his side “Eunji, could you take our picture?”

“sure.. “ Eunji answered, and after that the photo time began. They all relieve the exam is finished.

“Good job everyone… we’re awesome” Gukju shout inside the restaurant. The others replied with a big smiled.

“thanks for the awesome dishes guys, you did a great job. There’s a lot of creative menus, and for today’s result, I can only no one gets left behind. You’re all passed!” the guy told cooking class A after they’re back to the kitchen. The class answered with a loud cheer.

“the score details will be on your certificate, now, rest and clean the kitchen. In an hour you can go home” Mrs. Gabie added

It’s 2 in the noon, most of them grab a lunch an scattered on the kitchen’s terrace, the wind blew while they eat. Sera just finished her lunch and lay down on the terrace, she take her tie off and put it on her eyes, covering the sun sharp light, they didn’t feel so tired when cooking, might be their nervousness beats their tired, until they rest and their body start to ache all over.

“ha~….. glad it’s over” Myungsoo lay down on Sera’s side. He just finished playing basketball with the other boys, his uniform only the pants and shirt left. His apron and tie was anywhere he left it.

“ugh..you smell.. go away” Sera pushed him ‘his scent would never gone despite all his sweat..’ the wind blew and Myungsoo’s scent was in the air. The other know about his scent, but only in the morning when he just spray his perfume, but Sera, even until evening, she can still smell it, even he just walked past, she knew exactly it was Myungsoo.

They lay down there enjoying the breeze until the sound of Mrs. Gabie banging the wooden spatula to the door woke them up. They rose up and start to clean the kitchen.

The cleaning time was fine and smooth until Jungkook slip and fell down causing all laughter, the the fight start, they start split into two groups and began splashing water to each other, throwing sponge covered with foam.

“ack… Myungsoo.. stop! No!” Sera cringed when Myungsoo hold her from behind and start to rub the foam to her face. She replied the attack with tickling Myungsoo all over.

 

The kitchen was filled with waters and laugh and screams, a joyful scream. Mrs. Gabie come outside her office and smile sweetly, proudly ‘good job guys’