Puffy Face

Trainee


"Joshua hyung." Dino called while tying his shoelaces. " where have you been? " 

"The washroom. Why?" He answered. 

"Nah, just asking. " He shrugged and walked out of the practice room. 

Joshua shook his head and turned to pack his bag. " Ah, by the way hyung!" Dino came back which startled Joshua. 

"Ah shhhh--" Joshua turned. "You scared me, Chan-ah" 

Dino chuckled as he scratched his head in embarrassment. " Sorry hyung~ I forgot to ask you if you've seen Seungcheol hyung anywhere? I've been searching for him everywhere but i cant seem to find him." 

Joshua continued packing his stuff and shook his head "Nope. I thought he was here." 

Dino pursed his lips, " I was gonna ask him to help me with the rap lyrics but nevermind then." He said as he walk back to the door. "Thanks anyways, hyung! See you at the dorm!"

"Hmm~ Be careful on your way back and look before you cross the road" Joshua advised and waved at the cute maknae. 

That's weird, i thought Seungcheol was with him. 

Joshua was the last one to leave the practice room as the rest of the members have left earlier. Before heading home, he went to the convenience store to grab a snack. He'd been doing this since predebut and it has kinda become like a habit. 

He opened the cooler and took out his all time favourite banana milk. He browsed through the store and went to the cashier in disappointment. 

"I saved you your favourite granola bar" the ahjumma from behind the counter said and took it out from the shelf under the counter. 

Joshua looked at her and smiled. "I thought it went out of stock." 

"I was stocking up goods and realised the stock for your favourite granola bar is about to finish so i grabbed one to save it for you." She continued as she scans the barcode and places it into a plastic bag. 

Joshua knew the ahjumma since predebut as she helped him pick the things he needed from the convenience store when he first came to korea and was still bad at korean. 

Joshua took out his money from his pocket and gave her the exact amount of change. Ahjumma didnt need to say the price as he's familiar with the prices there. 

"Thanks Joshua, enjoy your snack." Ahjumma smiled and passed him the plastic. 

"No, i should be thanking you instead since you kept my snack for me." Joshua grinned and waved her goodbye. 

--------------————————

"How're you feeling, Hyeeun?" Nayoung came over to you and asked, worried.

"I'm feeling much better, unnie." you smiled. 

"That's good to know." She gave you a tight hug and a little pat on your head. 

With a heavy heart, you started practicing the new moves you choreographed. 

"Hyeeun-ah, what's happening to you? Your moves are all so lifeless." Your choreography trainer pointed out. 

"Sorry, ssaem." you replied, biting your lips. 

"Start again from the top." She said sternly and the music. You kept making small mistakes that you would never do normally which frustrates you. 

After a full tiring and frustrating 1 hour, the trainer unnie turned off the song and dismissed all of you. 

"Hyeeun, can i have a little talk before you go?" she asked as all of the rest members left while you're still packing. You nodded and trailed behind her. 

She settled in an empty vocal room and called you in. You stepped in and close the door behind you. After seeing her signal on asking you to sit, you sit next to her on the piano bench. 

"What's wrong, hyeeun?" She asked with a soft voice. "You're not being yourself today." She continued. 

You had your head hung low and replied " Sorry, ssaem." 

"Come on, tell me what's wrong. It's okay, i'm not gonna scold you for it." She patted your hand. 

You explained to her slowly and when you were doing that, you couldnt help but cry. You were too sad and you felt as if you're helpless. The trainer put her arms around you and calms you down. 

"Did your brother know about this?" she asked and you nodded. 

"To be honest, you're the best female trainee here in pledis. You're good at almost everything. Be it singing or dancing." She paused and tried reading your expression. 

"Really. You are." She continued as you sniffled away your tears. "Pledis wouldnt want to show you off yet because they know some other agency would want to take you away. Didnt your brother tell you that everytime you see him and that he's proud?" 

You laughed a little and nodded at the thought of your silly brother. 

"There there. Dont cry no more, okay? Let'e train our butts off and show them what you've got." She smiled and gave you reassurance. 

"Thanks ssaem. I couldnt have done anything without you." 

"It's not me. It's your own hardwork."

You stood up and bowed at her. "I should be practicing. I need to get the moves right before i go home." 

She nodded and you head to the door. When you stepped out and closed the door behind you, you turned to your right but then bumped into someone. 

You looked up and saw Jeon Wonwoo looking down at your puffed i-just-cried-a-river face. 

Oh no. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hey guys!!! sorry for the super super super late update!! but here's a chapter :  ) btw have you guys guessed who's hyeeun's brother?? hehehe anyways, dont forget to subscribe and comment if you like it!!