Episode 29

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Knock………..knock………..knock……….’

‘Knock………….knock………..knock………..’

With the unexpected knock in the door in a mid night Jay woke up suddenly curiously thinking who it was at the time. With his night shorts and the T shirt, he stepped in to living room and opened the door. His eyes widened and mouth opened without a minute seeing her there.

    

“Amy!” Amanda came in and leaned her luggage in the wall. She noticed the surprise in his face and thousands of questions in eyes. But without caring them anymore, she sat on the couch tiredly.

“Amy! Are you alright?” he sat next to her and asked looking at her face.

“Yes. I am alright. Bit tired” she said wiping her face with her small pinky handkerchief.

“Wait a second. I will bring you something to drink” he hurriedly left her to the kitchen. Amanda threw a glance at him noticing his touching behaviors.

“Drink this first” Jay kept a glass of cool orange juice on her hand gently. Without waiting she had it with a one shot.

“Should I bring another glass?” he asked then.

“No, that’s enough”

She said keeping the empty glass on the small table. Silently she remained sitting there without speaking anything which was unlikely between them so far. Noticing her tiredness and the situations she had to face, he thought to speak to her gently and patiently. Softly he caught her hand and wrapped her fingers from his making her stared at him.

“How is the surgery? Is Alex alright?” he asked firstly.

“It was a success. He stays there” she said shortly with a light smile.

“I thought he will be back to us”

“No, my uncle would care him for time being. He needs to attend to hospital time to time” she said noticing the questions in his face.

“That’s fine. Hope all for the best” he murmured looking at her.

“Amy! I heard about your mother…..Actually…..”

“Do not talk about that matter. I am not going to answer or listen to you anymore if you do” she said interrupting to his words.

“Alright” Jay shut his mouth with shocking eyes.

“Are you hungry? Shall I prepare something for you?” he asked covering the already caught up hand of her with his other hand lovingly. Amanda’s heart was warming with his touch and presence but it was not she wanted. The intention of coming back was not living with him lovingly like old days.

“I had the dinner while travelling” she said without looking at his face.

“Alright… Then tell me Amy! Why didn’t you contact me after you left? And even today, why didn’t you tell me that you are arriving, so I will come to pick you to the airport. Do you think travelling in a mid of night like this was a good idea?”

Tightly holding her hand, he expected some answers from her.

“I was busy with Alex’s surgery and the funeral. And today, I didn’t think up to that extent” she said shortly again without looking at him.

“Ok…ok…. Alright. Anyhow you have back, that’s most important right now”

He said trying to comfort his own heart without asking anything from her. Amanda slowly gave up his touch and stood up from the couch. She walked towards her room. Just before she stepped in to it, her feet stop again with his words.

“It hurt me. Hurt me a lot when you left like that and no contact after that. Last two weeks I didn’t know how I even survived…. I missed you a lot….”

He said standing up from the couch making her stop at the door step. Amanda turned and looked back at him. Jay stepped in to her and stopped right in front of her face.

Their eyes caught and joined at the same time after so long. He tried to read her eyes. They were so gloomy and mysterious in his sight. But those were innocent as always.

“I missed you too”

She murmured without breaking the eye contact with him. It was the words he wanted to hear from her. Though he couldn’t read her mind and identify her mood right now, those words and the broken voice which came with them were familiar to him.

Getting closer to her and breaking the gap between them, Jay placed his arms around her waist and hugged her in his embrace. Tightly holding her in to him, he let him to know how much he has missed her so far. Amanda remained as a statue with his embrace. She was certain about her feelings but……but…… she was just standing there letting her heart to feel this warmness making her melt.

Jay stepped out from her and stared at her face for a second. It was withered and dark shady.

“Go and sleep. Take a good rest. I have some important thing to tell you. Tomorrow morning I will tell you” he said rubbing her head gently. Nodding her head, dragging her luggage with her, Amanda stepped in to her room and closed the door.

She sat on the bed and crossed her own fingers. She kept looking at the wall emptily like a lost deer. The emotions and heart race which she felt with his touch a while ago was not a joke or a fake. She knew what she was going to do but living under same roof, seeing each other and surrendering to his words and touches were totally different and hard for her to survive here in after.

Jay felt her silent and gloomy behaviors much more than ever but he tolerated. He didn’t want to burden her knowing regarding the funeral and the adverse effects which could have given to her with that. But anyhow, as he said, he was happy because she has back. She has returned to him and He knew what he was going to do with the press conference after telling her about that tomorrow morning.

…………………………………..

 

He searched her everywhere at home. But Amanda has gone somewhere. He tried to phone her but the phone has switched off. He felt weird. But he patiently waited. He guessed that she would have gone to see Maya.

He took the key of his car and stepped out from the house. Jay thought to bring some good food for her and ready the table when she would be back. He drove towards the town finding a good place to find what she likes most.

But in the mid of his driving, unexpectedly his eyes caught her who was coming out from a restaurant which was in opposite side of the road. He was in a traffic where he couldn’t park the car somewhere and ran to her. Sitting in the car as same, he kept looking at her who was again stop at the door of the restaurant with someone’s voice.

Jay’s eyes ran towards his own eyebrows.

‘Glen!!!!!!!’ he muttered to himself shockingly.

While driving slowly ahead he kept looking at how Amanda and Glen were talking there. His own heart started to beat. A thin line of sweats were popping in his forehead.

He was sure that she has met Glen at the restaurant a while ago. But why? For what? He questioned himself shockingly.

When he drove to the home after buying foods and stuff she has already arrived at home before him. He suspected that whether Glen has given a lift to her. But he scared to ask about it from her. He didn’t want to pull out garbage and burn from the fire if it was the fact. He has already promised himself that at the press conference he will be going to reveal their relationship and after that he will personally tell Amanda the truth about the bet and ask the forgiveness.

He silently came in.

“Amy!” he called her name. Changing in to old clothes, Amanda came out from her room.

“Here for you” he gave the bag which was full of foods which were her favorite. A smile came from her lips unknowingly.

“Thank you Jay” she said with the same smile but she was like lifeless. She kept the bag on the table and turned to walk to the kitchen but hurriedly her hand was caught and her feet stopped at the spot with his drag. With a sudden pull, she flew towards him and ended within his arms.

“Jay!” she murmured shockingly.

“Mmmm…”

“What are you doing?” she asked calmly. He smiled to her. His smiling eyes and handsome face was too much for her to bear her heart.

“Why am I nervous like this every time I held you?”

He said with same smiling eyes to her. Amanda hit his chest with a smile and stepped back in the same posture until her back touched the table behind her. Noticing her stop with the gap of few steps from him, Jay broke those steps and came to her with quick steps and placed his arms around her back waist.

“I have lot of cleaning to do… Everywhere is untidy. Don’t you see?” she asked noticing his next step for sure.

“Don’t you see me Amy?” he asked then naughtily bending towards her eyes.

She stoned with his closeness. Her heart race was not a joke just as she thought last night. His body was touching her body making her leaned to the table where she wanted to escape from him no matter what. But just before that, she felt that her lips were just caught by his youth. Her shivering heart and her trembling shoulders were sensed by her own letting her feel these emotions after long time with his kiss. When inch by inch, she was tightened to the table and when his under body was leaning on her at the same time, she felt her eyes were getting closed with the sensation and the tension at the same time which was running all over in her each and every vein.

A guy’s mind when he was with a woman was not something explainable. A moment to moment what he began to feel was the femininity. Just like that, mitigating the loneliness felt so far missing her like a hell; Jay sensed his heart was pleased just like old days when he was with her.

But…………

In a moment, where the truth comes against the lies…. Where the mind comes against the heart…..and where a woman’s brain surrender her emotions, Amanda’s closed passionate eyes opened while kissing him. Instead of the sensation she was feeling so far, she started to feel the betrayal inside of her. Instead of the race of her own heart, she started to feel the pain and anger inside her…. She slowly gave up her hands from him and broke the kiss.

“Thank you for coming back Amy!” hearing his words at the next second she smiled to him with the same gesture in her eyes. In a moment her heart was crying to love him, she surrendered to her brain with a pretended smile.

“You said you have something to tell me” she said trying to change the mood. Jay caught her hand and make her sit in the chair.

“Yes, Sit. Let’s talk” he said smiley sitting opposite to her.

“Amy! I am going to announce our relationship to the media” He said noticing the surprise in her eyes.

“What?”

“You got surprised, right?” he asked smiley. He explained about the scandal and the press conference which will be held sooner. Amanda surprisingly listened to him silently.

“Do you think this is the time to reveal it?” she asked then confusing everything within her.

“Yes. I want to do it now. I don’t want to say that I am not committed when I am. Though you will not express it, you will be hurt if I do” he said making her feel like ice cold in her thoughts.

“As your wish” she said finally. He caught her hand and tightened it within him.

“My love for you is not a fairy tale Amy! I will make it come true”

    

He murmured looking at her. Amanda smiled with him displaying her cute dimples. Her heart was sinking inside her while her eyes were smiling with him.

She met Glen a while ago. She k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter