Episode 18

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“She is injured, so I came to see her and wish her well soon” Glen said with a nice smile.

    

“Thank you but I am alright now. Do not be troubled by me. And I don’t expect your visit as well” Amanda said while looking away.

“Don’t you ask me to even sit? Oh! You are lack of hospitality”

He came inside and sat opposite in the couch of her with a smile. Jay just stared at the guy with a trembling heart. His heart was so fear and shivered with the anxiousness knowing that Glen was extremely dangerous.

‘Jay! I am interested about that girl but because of this deal I will be back off. So, don’t make me wait so long…ok…’

His words few weeks before ran to his mind suddenly which made him stoned in his thoughts. He knew what the Glen’s movements were. He knew already by now, using this opportunity Glen was trying to get closer to Amanda.

“What happened to you? I heard you met with an accident. Is that true?” he asked looking at the girl.

“Yes”

“Are you feeling better now?” he asked again

“Yes”

“Seem to be Jay is a so close roommate for you. He has become so kind even to the point to nurse a girl. What a change!” Glen smiled hilariously staring at him.

“Why are you here?” Jay asked nervously.

“Jay! Do not worry. I am here to see the patient. Nothing else for you to fear…We should visit people and care for them when they are in a need. Isn’t it?”

“I think you should go now. I need a rest” Amanda tried to stand up with much of difficulty. Glen quickly stood up and moved to her side and caught her arm and tried to help her to get up.

“Don’t touch me”

She yelled at once. Jay’s eyes got thinned with what he was noticing in Glen’s mind. He gritted his teeth with the helplessness. Both of them noticed his hilarious smile.

“By the way Jay! What about the new guitar you got from me? Isn’t it extremely good? Have you shown it to Amanda? You should have played a song to her. It will be a memorable moment for both of you”

He said looking at Jay noticing how anxious Jay’s face was. Amanda couldn’t be able to understand what was going on but she didn’t want to ask anything because she was not interested.

“Amanda, seeing you like this my heart falls down. Here…Please accept my wishes for your quick recovery with this bunch of roses” he spread his hands with it towards her.

“I don’t think a bunch of red roses would be suited for a patient visit Glen.” Jay said sarcastically looking at him.

“It’s my heart. Amanda! This is something I give only to you. I am not someone who is going house to house offering roses. It’s because you are special to me” he said looking so seriously at Amanda where Amanda’s eyes got widened with his confession.

“I am sorry, I cannot accept. And I am not someone who can win by giving roses. You may have won girls by doing this but I am not that kind of”

She said strictly looking at him. Jay’s eyes got thinned again with the excitement going on. He felt his heart was feeling so heat and nervous with the presence of this guy.

“If I can’t win you with roses, then with what I can win your heart? A kiss! Can I win you with a kiss?”

Glen asked with a hilarious smile. His eyes, he circled towards Jay secretly to Amanda. Amanda’s sight got widened with his words which made her recalling the moment she let him Jay to kiss her in that night which has made her heart caught by this guy secretly.

‘How could he guess something so similar to that?’ she thought weirdly.

“Glen! What are you talking to a girl? She needs to rest. Why don’t you leave?” Glen could see the anxiousness of Jay’s eyes which made him so wicked.

“Jay! Relax! You know I am not going to do that here” he laughed hilariously again.

“Do what?” Amanda asked curiously making Jay’s heart beat stop for an instant.

“Amanda! I want you to know that I am interested in you. I am straight forward guy, so I confess you in this very moment. Therefore, don’t make me wait too long”

He said turning towards her side and keeping the bunch of rose on the table.

“What?” she asked weirdly. This was really an unpredictable moment for her and as well as Jay.

“Seem to be you need to rest truly. Go ahead Amanda. Next time let’s have a cup of tea” Glen stood up from the couch with a smile and slowly left the house. He was glad because he put the fire firstly letting her know.

“We need to talk” Jay murmured to his ear catching his arm from behind while walking to the road.

“Hey man! You seem to be so tensed. What’s up?” Getting closer to Jay who just stopped near his car Glen asked with a wicked smile.

“What are you doing here? And how did you know that she is injured?” Jay asked curiously looking at him.

“Jay! Listen…I told you before right? I am interested in her. That’s what I clearly said today to her. So I am making my way towards her. The bet has ended up already. Since you made me promise you, not to reveal anything, I will not. But I want you not to interfere with my business and then I will not in yours as well…Do you get me?” he asked looking at Jay’s widened eyes.

“And by the way, you don’t have any feelings for her, right?” he asked winking his eye to him again.

“What?”

“If that is so, then this will be a losing game for you”

Jay just stared at the guy without being able to think what he was thinking to do.

“Glen! Listen… She is not someone you can play with. She is not a playgirl. She is not even your type. So, do not make things worse for her” Making Jay surprised, Glen laughed at once.

“You are really funny Jay!” he said while laughing.

“What is there to laugh?”

“If you could play with her, then why can’t I?” he asked getting closer to his ear.

“What? I didn’t play with her...” His eyes caught his own eyebrows.

“If it was not a play, then what was it Jay? I never thought she is an easy girl to fall for you but she did. So, it’s just a matter of time for her to fall for me as well. I don’t intend to just stopping with one kiss with her and I have so many plans.”

“Glen!!!!!” Jay caught his short collar at once gritting his teeth.

“Out of all girls, why is she? Why do you want to hurt her this much?” he asked irritatingly.

“Leave my collar” Glen threw his hands from his shirts. “Jay! Listen! I don’t ever wish to hurt her. I need her to be my girl friend. She is one of a kind. I love her stubbornness. You know me Jay, I am someone who goes after the impossible” he said making him dumb and shocked at the same time.

“You should not be astonished this much Jay! You know me and I know you. Just let me do what I want to do without interfering. Don’t get messy with my business…I told you before…I was waiting till the bet end…”

He pitted Jay’s shoulder and got in to the vehicle. With a stoned thoughts and a shocking glare Jay just stayed there staring the way the vehicle was flying.

‘What the hell!’ he messed up his own hair and sighed to the air without being able to think anything anymore. He walked towards the house with weighted mind where he noted that she was just sitting in the couch with a confused look.

“Do you think he is interested in me in real?” she asked when he came and sat next to her.

“Do you like if he is truly interested in you?” he asked back looking at her.

“If he is interested in me, then he will not quit and will try to make moves with me. That’s what I thought.” Amanda said looking down while crossing her own fingers.

“If you are concerned about the safety, then I will protect you” She suddenly stared at his eyes. Those eyes were so serious and real.

“Protect me?” she asked astonishingly.

“I may not have any right to say to you, not to like him and I don’t have right to say that I will protect you like this as well, But still I want to protect you...If you let me to do it, then I will be going to do it…”

Jay said without breaking the eye sight of her. The moment when Glen visited a while ago, he has just sensed that this would be the time he would going to lose her from his life if he just let this go.

“If you don’t have any right, then why do you want to protect me?” She asked with her sensitive eyes. He locked his sight with her for a second.

“Because, I feel that I have done a wrong to you”

He said drowning in her eyes. Amanda reminded about the incident which he was referring. She was not aware the bet but the night he kissed her and the eve he apologized to her was coming to her mind. But in true senses, it was not the wrong he was referring. For a second he has not thought that kissing her like that was a wrong. Though he was not aware about his feelings, he loved that moment. Though he didn’t know the reason why his heart fell down when he thought that it would be the first and last moment between them, he still loved it.

“If you think you don’t have any right then don’t do it. It will be burdensome and something should not be done. And if you feel that you have done a wrong then you need to correct it without trying to overcome it with another”

Amanda said looking at him. She slowly stood up from the couch when he just staying there blankly.

“How do I correct it?”

“Ask from you Jay, not from me” she said catching his eyes again.

“Is that mean you know what the wrong was?” Amanda kept in silent for few second just staring at his eyes.

“I know what you think. Touching someone when there was nothing between, and kissing someone when there was nothing to feel, is a crime. Isn’t it what you referred? ” she whispered. He stood up from the couch and turned towards her.

‘I never regret of kissing you Amy’ His heart was shouting secretly to her words.

“Are you still regretting it?” While burning her heart Amanda asked.

“Have you already forgotten it?” he asked back without answering her.

“Yes, I am. You asked me to forget it. Didn’t you?” she asked curiously. While feeling so m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter