Episode 17

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night was getting cold little by little and the breeze was getting heavy gradually. He closed the windows of her room and adjusted the curtain too and silently came to her. The clutches were there leaning to the wall near to the bed and she slowly sat on the bed with bit of difficulty.

"Sit" she whispered. Jay sat on the side of the bed next to her. He had numerous things to tell her and ask from her but still he didn't know from where to begin.

"Thank you for today" she said once again leaning to the pillow on her back on the bed. He lightly smiled and nodded his head.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"May be because of pain killers, now the pain has become reduced." She touched her bandaged leg and whispered.

"And what about your forehead?"

"It's fine a lot" she murmured.

"Since you feel high pain in somewhere you may not feel the light pain in another. It happens" Jay muttered looking at the small plaster in her forehead. He felt sad seeing her like this.

"Mmmmmm" those words stuck to her heart. She felt the deep about them.

"Are you uncomfortable since I am here?" he asked the same question again like in the hospital.

"No, I am alright." he stared at her and noticed that she was sincere in her words.

"In fact... I have something to ask from you" he said softly. Amanda stared at the guy. He was just few meters away from her which made her heart weak and soft at the same time.

"What is it?"

"Why did you do something like that?" Amanda threw a glare curiously at him.

"Did what?" she asked

"I got to know everything. I know where you were before the accident. Are you out of your mind? Do you think you can handle something like that?" he asked bit strictly looking at her. The bit irritation of the voice was clearly felt by her when she noticed the uncomfortable look in his face.

"Don't judge me. You don't know what I am going through" she said in a lower but firm voice. He sighed.

"Ok...tell me only this... Why don't you join Bang Bang? There must be an opportunity for you but why are you refusing it and having a hard time like this?"

Amanda was not aware that he was in the knowledge of what's going on around her. She suspected that Maya has told him everything for sure. She remained silent without answering.

"Is it because of Kevin?" Jay asked staring at the girl who was looking down.

"No. I don't care about him." she murmured without glaring at him.

"Then, why?" he asked again hiding the answer in his mind. His voice has been wrecked a little which made her glare at him at the next second. He felt excited to hear what she would say.

"Leave it" Disappointing his expectations, she murmured.

"Do not keep things in your mind and just tell me. Like we were used to be, let's live with smile and happy"

Trying to change the mood and trying to hide his guilty feeling, he tried to overcome the situation. He has already done the end of the bet and the guilty has just commenced to kill him inside.

"Do you think we can tag along like previously?" Amanda asked questionably looking at him. Her sight was waving with her own question but it was what she truly wanted to ask.

"Do you think we can't?" With the same nerve, he asked looking at her.

"What about you? Can you?" Amanda asked again. He felt a gulp was rolling through his throat uncomfortably but he wanted to make her accept the offer, letting her calm and peace.

 

"Yes, I can. You also agreed that what has happened between us has not changed anything. I know its bit awkward but let's think straight and remake everything"

Amanda glared surprisingly at this guy. He was unbelievable in her mind. It was totally meant, the things happened between them were nothing for him. As he mentioned at that day, it was just a physical for him. There was nothing going on for her in his heart... She sighed letting her heart to fall down to the depth.

"You are truly unbelievable" she murmured looking down. Jay noticed the downed face of her. His heart was murmuring that she was feeling differently about the incident happened between them. He has got a feeling already that it was not the total truth which she accepted just like he said at the library.

"I have a feeling that you don't join with Bang Bang because of me, am I correct?" he asked staring at her transparently throwing his point to the table.

"What? Nonsense" she smiled hilariously pretending her shocking thoughts over his guess.

"You may not like to see me here and there and may not like to talk to me. So you are refusing the offer. Don't you?" he asked making her embarrassed again.

"What? Are you crazy? It's not like that. I am not interested, that's all" she said pretending that it was just nothing.

"Then, join. Don't roam here and there and get tired and hard yourself. Even you can bring Alex home if you settle with this job."

Amanda kept in silence listening to his words. Her eyes caught his eyes which were so gentle which made her heart so weak a lot. She didn't know why seeing him closely like this and chatting with him like this make herself feel good and soft at the same time. And in other hand, regarding Alex, it was true.

"Get some sleep and rest. Do you need anything?" he asked breaking her thoughts. His heart too was getting weighted a lot bit by bit.

"No. I am alright"

He didn't know why he felt so good to see her and chat with her like this though there was an enormous pressure and a guilty in his heart remembering what he did with his friends before few hours ago.

"Amy!" he called her once again in the nick name which only he used to call.

"I told you to call me in my full name or the way you were used to tell me 'Sis'. Don't you remember?" she asked bit rudely covering her excited thoughts with his calling.

"I don't know whether I can call you 'Sis' ever"

With a continuous stare he whispered at the girl who was in the bed. Amanda stunned with his words. In a moment he was saying and expressing that it was nothing but in other moment he was in serious and making her confused.

"I hope you will forgive me. I hope you will accept the job and make me know that you have forgiven me. If I have ever done a wrong to you, just thinking that it was my immaturity and the carelessness, I hope you will forgive me Amy!"

Amanda stared continuously at the guy. His eyes were so down and dark to the point she felt that he was suffering from something so deep.

"Why are you asking the forgiveness from me? For what are you apologizing?" she asked in a broken voice.

"For everything" he murmured.

He felt like touching her hand and sensed her embrace for a second but he tried to stop that feeling embarrassedly. With an aching heart he slowly stood up from the bed and put his hands in to his pockets.

"Sleep well now. If you need anything just call me. I am a light sleeper" He covered her legs from the blanket and one more time caught her eyes just before left the room.

She has stuck in her words. The seriousness of this guy was killing her unknowingly. She couldn't even guess what was going in his mind. He was not like before for sure and he has totally become mysterious.

'All the things I just want to say are not coming out of my mouth Jay! My heart aches when I hear you apologize which was telling me that you were regretting for what happened between us. But why I feel nervous when I remember it instead of feeling sorry just like you? Is that because it was just only me who has felt it in my heart?'

Amanda was tangling in her thoughts. More than the pain in her body, she felt her heart was aching gradually. She slowly lied down in the bed and closed her eyes letting a small drop of tear to fall through her cheek.

...................................

"Is it a co-incident or is it the fate?" Maya turned side and looked at the person who was talking to her. She was in the bus stop after visiting Amanda today morning towards the office.

"Oh! You! Mr. Glen" she stuck at once seeing his handsome face.

"You remember me Miss Maya, right?" he asked with a smile.

"Of course" Maya said with a smile.

"I prefer if you tell me just 'Glen' informally since we know each other by now" he said politely looking at her.

"Then I would prefer if you just call me with my name too" both of them smiled with each other.

"I will give you a lift. Get in" pointing his finger towards the vehicle which has stopped in few meters away, he whispered politely.

"No, it's alright"

"I am going to town, so I can drop you wherever you want. Please come" he said politely making Maya embarrassed to refuse him. Maya got in to the vehicle and buckled her seat belt. She noticed that he was staring at her with a smile.

"Why?" she asked bit nervously.

"Just" Glen was an expert who knew how to flutter women but the only girl he couldn't get attracted was Amanda so far which has broken his pride badly.

"By the way, how do you know Jay and Amanda?" he asked calmly while driving.

"I know Amanda from my childhood. She is m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter