Episode 02

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘What’s the matter with Maya? Why she is late this much?’

Thinking annoyingly Amanda started unpacking her suitcase. They have arrived to the new house yesterday and still she has not completed arranging the house as she wants. It was a good house but not luxury. A living room with few furniture, two bed rooms side to side, a small pantry with kitchen and one bathroom was there. Just like Maya said Amanda felt pleased about the house. The rent also she would be able to share, therefore, she felt good of living here.

She was waiting from the morning for Maya who has promised her to help arranging the house but still she has not come.

‘Ring……….ring………..’

At once she heard the doorbell rang.

“Alex…Go and ask who it is… Must be Maya”

Amanda shouted from the kitchen. Alex slowly walked through the living room touching the new furniture and walls. It was bit hard for him to get used to it because it was new. He slowly opened the door.

“Hi little bro! I am Jay”

Alex felt bit weird hearing a voice from a stranger. Jay kept the hand on the door and tried to enter in it. Sensing the entering of the stranger Alex quickly and speedily closed the door.

“Ahhh!!Ahhhh!!! Awwww! Ahhhhhh!!!”

Knocking the door on his face Jay screamed at once. His back pack and the suitcase dropped to the floor and he bent down to the floor with the pain of his nose. He checked whether it was bleeding but luckily it was not.

“Sis….sis….it’s a stranger!” Alex shouted after closing the door.

“A stranger! No one knows our house”

Amanda wiped her hands and came to the living room and opened the door.

“Excuse me? Who are you?” She asked looking at the boy.

“I don’t think this would be the question you should ask first, instead of asking who did this to me…See whether my nose is bleeding… I will have an audition so soon and if something would happen to my face who will be responsible?”

The stranger was yelling to her even without seeing her face properly. Amanda could realize what has just happened by knowing Alex’s behaviors over strangers.

“I am sorry for what happened. If you have hurt I will take you to hospital and that is what I can do... if not I think you should stop acting” she said straightly without considering any feeling of the person who was standing in front of her holding his nose.

“What? What did you just say? How rude are you? Where is that boy? Ask him to say ‘sorry’ to me…” Jay surprised with her words. ‘Can it be there a person like that in this earth?’ He thought weirdly.

“Hey…look here…. Tell me who are you and other wise I will close the door” Amanda said again toughly. She was enough with this drama now.

“I am the new tenant here. Maya sis sent me” he said again touching his nose.

“What? Tenant?” Amanda saw stars above her head at once. ‘Oh my! Is this the new tenant? I should have been bit formal and good … oh!! ’ she thought weirdly.

“Can I come in at least?” he asked again.

“Please come in” Amanda said bit humbly. She didn’t want to lose his tenant who will share the rent with her.

“What is your name?” she asked pretending a normal mood.

“I am Jay. Jay Ranson….And you?” He spread his hand towards her formally to shake.

“I am Amanda. Amanda Anderson… Have a seat” she said and turned back from him without shaking his hand.

‘She is so classy’

Jay thought unpleasantly sitting on the couch. Alex came to the living room slowly and sat on a chair. He has heard the conversation which was going on there. He felt really upset of behaving like that. Amanda sat on the couch chair in front of Jay. She has not even had a proper look of this boy yet.

“Mr. I am really sorry for what happened” Jay stared at the little boy.

“Hey! You… did you see me as a thief or a criminal? If I didn’t step back suddenly my nose must have been broken by now… See here….it must be red even now…” Jay showed his nose towards Alex. Alex quickly bowed his head sadly.

“Alex you go to the room”

Understanding the situation Amanda said quickly before her brother got hurt much more staying here. Obeying his sister he slowly walked towards the room by touching the walls. Jay felt bit weird seeing that view but more than it he was angry with this girl who was not considering anything politely with him.

“Sorry for your damage. Alex…he is my brother…He cannot see…I guarantee that nothing like this will happen again to you” Amanda said staring at him in a low tone.

“He can’t see?” Jay asked shockingly.

“Hmm”

“But why?” he asked again pathetically. He felt really heartbreaking seeing the little guy and knowing his blindness.

“I don’t think it should be your concern” He fell to the real earth from his sensitive thoughts with her cold words. He sighed without saying anything to her.

“Ok… Mr. Jay….Tell….” Amanda couldn’t start speaking. He interrupted at once.

“Hold on… I don’twant you to say ‘Mr.’ to me…. Just call me as Jay like others…” he said with a simple smile. Amanda stared at this guy. ‘He is a cool person seemed to be’ she thought silently but she didn’t want to care.

“Ok…whatever….” She said carelessly.

“Then….can I call you Amy?” Amanda stared at him surprisingly. His eyes were smiling and he was really in a cheerful mood.

“What? Amy? How can you call a nick name to unknown elder sister?” she asked bit angrily.

“Ok….then… I will tell you Amy sis” Jay said with a smile this time.

“I have my full name” she said stubbornly.

“But it’s is bit long… let me call you ‘Amy sis’. He said bending towards her way a bit.

Amanda’s eyes caught his face at once with his bent. Even though she didn’t care even for a second to notice how he was look like, this time her eyes caught him better. He had a perfect face with a beautiful smile. His eyes were shining and speaking all the time at his glare. His hair was neatly cut, straight and well-ordered. His bangs on the forehead were telling the world how youthful he was. His long legs and straight hands were expressing that he has grown so well with a specific height as well.

Amanda looked away at once. She didn’t want to have a close look about her tenant anyway. Only she wanted to have the share of rent from him.

The moment where Jay caught her eyes, he tried to smile with her but it was failed. She never smiled back to him. ‘She must have forgotten smiling’ he thought weirdly. The hair which has tied on the top of her head has already messed up and even her cloth was not new and good. She was still in her apron. When she stared away from him, he bent down his head and looked down.

“Maya has told me about you. And can I see your identity card?” she asked making Jay surprised. He took his wallet and gave the identity card to her hand with a sigh. She checked his name and his birthday.

‘Yes, it’s true, he is three years younger than me… but look at his height… he is really tall to his age and even above me’ she thought silently again.

Jay took back the identity card staring at this girl. He couldn’t understand what was running in her mind.

“Anything else you want?” he asked being funny to her.

“No, nothing. Let me tell you the rules of the house first” she said without caring his funny expressions.

“Rules?”

‘Beep………..beep……….beep…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter