Episode 19

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

During the whole day Amanda didn’t see Jay in the office. Time to time her eyes started to search him but intentionally she bore that thought in her mind. She was going through the concepts and the performance in future for the artists in Bang Bang.

The incident she noticed at the music room between Jay and Lora were running in her mind time to time. He was there holding her hand and flirting with a playful face.

‘She is cute, has a y figure. Have money and have looks. So, any guy would fall for a girl someone like that. No wonder about that. Though he said that he didn’t feel anything with me on that day, he must have felt a lot with that blonde girl for sure’

She thought weak and lazily. Since it was her first day at office, there was no much work for her to do. At the off time, she gathered her bag and slowly stepped out of Bang Bang.

‘Ama, take the train. It’s faster than the buses’

She remembered Maya’s words while walking in the pavement. Following her instructions, Amanda walked to the railway station. It was too crowded but she also knew that she could reach home early if she take the train buses especially at this time.

A crowded train was running towards the platform she was in. With the busy and selfish males like females, Amanda had to put a huge effort to get in to the train. She felt that people were squeezing within each other and at the same time she felt that someone was behind her who was not leaving to anywhere but remained the same. She slowly turned her head side and looked behind.

“Don’t worry, I am here”

Her eyes got widened with the image of Jay.

“What are you doing here?” she asked shockingly.

“Have you forgotten? I am also going to the same place as you” he said with a smile. He caught her hand without a permission and slowly led the way towards the end of the apartment with much of difficulty. Letting her to lean to the wall, he held the aluminum pole next to him.

“I didn’t see you coming” she said while adjusting her white top in front which has messed up due to the crowd.

“I saw you walking to the train. But after few days, I don’t think that I will be able to travel in public transport” he said with a smile while noticing her professional look. The black trouser and the white half sleeve blouse were so matched for her figure. The fallen hair has given a wonderful look to the girl even to the point where the eyes of other guys were attracting towards her. He felt glad seeing her like this in his heart.

“Mmmm… Because you will be a famous star. Even now, people are looking at you” Amanda said in a low voice. He smiled simply to her.

“I wonder it is the opposite of it” he said smiley.

“What?”

“People are looking at you” Amanda smiled silently with a proud feeling.

“How is the first day?” he asked again. She stared at him once again letting their eyes locked for a second.

“It’s alright. I will not attend office daily but when required” she muttered remembering both Lora and him at the music room.

“Mmmmm… work hard” he smiled.

    

With the pressure of passengers bit by bit, he was automatically pushing towards her. At every moment when he got closer to her, she looked down with the embarrassment. Jay forsook the pole and kept his hands on the wall of the apartment. He noticed that she was just looking down without glaring at him anymore.

From the exit door of the office and to here, he knew he purposely followed her behind. He wanted to tell her that she did well joining here and more than it, an unknown happiness was flowing in his heart seeing her in office clothes like these. Looking at the girl who was in the mid of him among those hundreds of people, he felt he was melting in his senses unknowingly.

“Amy!”

He called her in a light voice. Hearing that name which he uses normally when he tells her something serious, with a pounding heart she raised her head and stared at him. He was so closer to her. Without a second she recalled the night where he got closer to her like this which made her heart spin at once.

“I feel good to see you like this”

She tried to drown in his deepen eyes. Letting her cute dimples to show off, she threw a smile towards him making him waved again.

“I don’t think I can call you like this in the office. There, among others you will be Ms. Amanda but is it alright if I call you ‘Amy’ when no one is around?”

She again and again tried drowned in his eyes. ‘Do we need to have a special relationship as he stated?’ She couldn’t realize what he was truly thinking.

“I think you are supposed to call me as ‘Sister, not Amy’” she said with another smile looking at him and noticed the serious change in his facial expressions.

“I told you before no…, I don’t think I can call you sister anymore”

He threw a serious glare at her. Amanda looked around at once thinking that anyone in the crowd would hear their conversation but everyone was in their own worlds.

“You said it was nothing and nothing has changed between us. So, it doesn’t make sense when you say something like this now” Jay felt that he was beaten in his head. He kept staring at the girl who was there.

“May be you are correct but don’t expect from me to call you sister again”

“Why can’t you?” she asked trying digging his mind.

“I will assist you for everything I can, so if I have done any wrong to you then, at least then I can reduce the burden of it.”

“That’s not the answer of my question Jay!” she said curiously.

“Sometimes we are fools who don’t know how to express though we know the answer Amy! Do not make me tired like this”

He said thoroughly making her confused even more. Amanda stopped the conversation. She also didn’t want remind things which needed to be forgotten.

He didn’t expect to have a conversation like this with her again but it happened. But the vital point was, having a conversation like this would make him feel more guilty and closer to her at the same time. Her closeness towards his body and her presence in front of his eyes were waving his feelings once more secretly.

‘Why I am like this? What’s wrong with me?’ He thought while remaining there.

Raising her head in an unimaginable moment she stared at him. With the same expressions and with the same emotional eyes, he was staring at her. One hand of him which was on the wall of the apartment slowly came down from it and stopped before the same wall before her waist.

“I may not be able to come again with you like this. Therefore, don’t be late and go home before getting dark and don’t roam in streets unnecessarily.”

    

In a moment he felt he was about to go crazy with his nervous heart, he whispered to her. His fingers really wanted to touch her which was on the wall but he tolerated with much of difficulty. 

Amanda’s heart stopped for a second. She sensed the weight in those words. Just like something suddenly fell to her, she felt a quick nervous and a scare at the same time. She tried to drown in his eyes secretly to other passengers in the train. Just as they all are in their world, she too wanted to drown in their world and got to know his heart.

But she scared. She scared to get to know him anymore. To the extend she wanted him to be with her and to care for her, to the same extend she wanted to escape from him. Just as always, obeying her stubborn mind and pretending everything, she wanted to ask from him that ‘Why does he care? Or what is it with him if I go in dark or light?’ but she was not courageous because it was the protection her heart wanted from him. Just for a moment she felt of being held by him but this was not a moment to get sensitive and emotional.

“Why are you care for me this much?” she asked in a wrecked voice.

“Can’t I?” he asked then.

“Yes, you can’t. As you said you don’t have any right for it, don’t you know it?”

Pretending a strict and direct tone she asked from him in a low voice. Something like a stone felt stuck in his chest at once with her words.

“Don’t you think your words are bit harsh?” he asked with an innocent glare towards her.

“Let’s go forward; we need to get down from the next stop” Just before she would be emotional and express something very dangerous she whispered like that without giving an answer to him.

“Have we arrived that much hurriedly?”

He murmured to himself but she could hear his words so clearly. It gave a hit in her heart but silently. He turned back from her leading the way. His heart was still nervous and curious.

‘As you said you don’t have any right for it, don’t you know it?’

Her words were sore and painful in his emotions but he knew that this would be the punishment he may need to accept.

At the next minute Jay felt that she caught his arm at once while walking through the passengers. Giving more space to hold it he walked through the crowd with much of difficulty in the mid of pressurizing passengers of the train. Once again the protective feeling which was so familiar in her heart when she was with him was sensing so deeply while holding and following him like that. She knew her own heart really well by now but the fact was how long she would be able to hide it from him and from the entire world until he wakes up from his unclear dreams. 

After getting off from the train, Amanda walked ahead few steps from him where he was following her to home. Jay was aware an awkward situation like this would damage their relationship even as roommates. He cursed his hearts for feeling strange at the train for her.

“Don’t you think that you have already made me a protector for you?” he asked yelling in a joking tone.

“What?” she stopped. Turned and waited till he comes.

“A girl is going ahead and a boy is coming behind. It shows that she has got a protector” he smiled catching her steps.

“Then, I will come behind and you go ahead” she said simply with a light smile.

“I think it’s much better if we both of us go side to side of each other, like this. What if someone will kidnap me when I am going alone… Don’t you think so madam?”

He asked while walking bending his head towards her side. With his childish behavior a smile came to Amanda’s face without a second.

“You smiled!” he said with a smile. Amanda stared at him while walking side by side and smiled widely to him. She felt her heart was flying in the air.

“It will be nice if we walk holding our hands, don’t you think so?” he asked again with the same smile.

“What? Holding hands?” she as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter