2;; junhui oppa

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Mansae Academy, junior-A's room. Dahyun's POV.

I can't point out the exact moment that I was half pissed and half embarrassed at the same time. It's like he's going through an internal conflict, deciding whether he'll look back, fought back an argue with me, or not. 

All the confusion vanishes from my face as he spun back slowly looking at me. The absolute smirk that signals a provocation against mine, I gulp all of a sudden taking a little few steps back as he slowly walk towards me. Is he going to hit me? Way to go Dahyun, way to go.

"Aigo-yah..! I heard that there's a free fish pancakes for everyone at the welcoming booth of the Seniors? I-I think we should go, Dahyun..?" Until Seungkwan interferes in between us, smiling so absolutely at me. "Newbies are recommended to try one, it's a tradition here in Mansae Academy. It's a fish pancakes like no other, I swear!" 

Everyone's eyes were on us, I caught off guard with Seungkwan's driving demand. "F-Fish cakes..?" "Yeah, so shall we go then?" he beams taking my hand, but my eyes had watch over the guy at his back. That Mingyu guy hissed as he decided to move out from our sight.

But before he could head himself out from our room, a strict-looking lady teacher came inside as well her gaze immediately shoots on us as she settles in between the platform. The ridiculous thought that Seungkwan and I were holding each other's hands and this stupid guy were the only ones standing and almost looking as if we're going out of the class got me so doomed up. 

"So where do you think Mr. Boo, Mr. Kim and a newbie going right now? Hmm.. Do you have plans of skipping class again, especially you Mr. Kim Mingyu?!" she screech in anger, pointing her long sleek stick on us. "I hope to see you three on detention this afternoon..!" I widened my eyes in horror, is this what I want on my first day? I know I've gotten alot of detention back at Busan, but I swear I'm trying not to doom myself here.

Seungkwan clears his throat, letting my hand go. He bows his head, placing his palm on his chest. "My apologies Ms. Kang Jihyun, as a title holder of last year's Mr. Congeniality of Mansae University I had to introduce myself to Junior-A's newbie and was hoping that she'll be able to try the fish pancakes at the Senior's booth. I wasn't aware that the class has to start right before you came in. Ms. Kim Dahyun and I are in big apologies.." He bows his head once again, I flinch for awhile bowing myself in 90 degrees.

The teacher thought for awhile, now turning her attention at Mingyu who basically avoiding not to look at her. "Alright, this will be an exemption. But if these kind of cases were done once again, the detention room will wait for you." her brow arches up, then looking back at Mingyu who have rolled his eyes. "I'll let you slip away from this Mr. Kim, the three of you go back to your seats!"

I release a huff, smiling back at Seungkwan. I went back to my seat and Mingyu as well, lazily went back on his chair beside me. I darted my eyes on him, a bit pissed knowing that I have to seat beside him. He rolled his eyes as he started to gaze his look at the window beside him. 

"Anyway, as for everyone I know you know me already. I'm Ms. Kang Jihyun and I will be your biology class teacher." I heard huffs getting the hint that maybe somehow she's boring or the subject rather, "I would also like to assign a proper seating arrangement for everyone. So please cooperate with me as I call your name."

The sudden announcement of Ms. Kang jolt me of hope, I beam instantly thinking that there's a big chance that I won't be seating close to this annoying guy. The latter continues as she calls out names, "Kim Mingyu.." she points at the second row beside the window as well. I close my eyes praying with angels until, "Lee Dahyun.." 

My hopes dropped all of a sudden, my brows clenched tight. "Lee Dahyun..!" she calls once again as I headed now on the seat beside Mingyu. He looked at me, rolling his eyes once again, I stick out my tongue on him. "Guess I'm stuck with you.." I hissed.

"Great..!" Luckily Seungkwan was seated infront of me as he turns back, "Will you be okay there Dahyun-ah..? Do you want to exchange seats?" I smiled, shooking my head. "It's okay Seungkwan! Infact I want to sit beside this tomcat over here," I rolled my eyes on him, plastering back a beam on Seungkwan. "And ofcourse we couldn't do that, if in that case I'll be Bee Dahyun and you're Loo Seungkwan?" 

We both laugh all of a sudden, until Mingyu hissed out and absolutely looking like a mad man right now. I had a victorious smirk on my face, maybe- just maybe in this kind of pestering I would be able to make his life miserable with me. I laugh evilly on my head. 

...

Biology class isn't my style - erh, eh..? Truth be told, I don't usually listen to any class. An hour passed, I was mentally lingering around my wonderland, some were also sleeping and someone was stealing a nap. I poke his cheek quickly, facing my attention at Ms. Kang. Mingyu look at me for awhile, crossing his arms as he continues to sleep once again. 

"Attention..!" Everyone snapped back in conscious as Ms. Kang slap her stick on the table. "I hope everyone have learned from today's lesson and for our laboratory class, everyone must have a partner and proceed now to the SciLab."

Everyone flinched looking for a partner, I was about to tap Seungkwan's back and I know for sure he was about to look back at me as well, when a guy pops quickly infront of him. "Yah..! Seungkwan, you're my partner! Arraseo? Let's go!" he drags Seungkwan to stand, he hesitated for awhile. "Seok Min-ah..! Nooooo!" But the guy quickly drags him away out of the room. 

I sigh, looking abit worried. I saw Hoshi heading out of the room with a partner - almost everyone has it. Until I look back at Mingyu, he was still staring infront like he doesn't care anymore. "Yahh..! Do you have one?" I asked.

He blink, until he stood up not minding to respond back at me. "Aish..! This guy!" He continues to walk out the room, until I was left all alone. I ruffle my hair in annoyance. "What should I do..?!" I whined, huffing a gall sigh. I stood up, stomping my foot until I decided to run out of the room. My eyes had quickly saw Mingyu walking so sly around the opposite corner from where the others were heading to, I run towards him as I took his arm and didn't hesitate to drag him towards the other corner. 

"Yahh..!!" He shouts, trying to get away from my grip but I was so hesitant to drag him. Almost everyone saw us, looking abit shocked and murmuring around. But I didn't care. "You have no choice bud, you'll have to be my partner.." I irk, trying to drag him towards the laboratory room. 

...

Science Laboratory. Third Person's POV.

The moment Dahyun stepped inside the laboratory room, with her hand dragging Mingyu inside, everyone's eyes were darted on them. The other students watched how Dahyun takes over control on the most obnoxious guy of Mansae Academy. They flashed a thought on how did Dahyun had that much guts to manipulate such a guy who no one ever tries to even mess over. 

Most girls liked Mingyu but they couldn't ever land themselves infront of him because they know how Mingyu hates everyone - he would always receive gifts but he wouldn't hesitate to throw it away infront of them. 

It had always been like that, so no one ever tries to make themselves visible infront of Kim Mingyu because they are absolutely scared on him even though he's admired by most of everyone. Dahyun was so desperate, Mingyu was pissed. It didn't help how she was eager, as soon as she finds a spot for the two of them she continues to drag him beside her. 

Mingyu's brows clenched tight, crossing his arms as he was absolutely blown away how annoying Dahyun was. He wanted to argue with her but the teacher has started to make instructions by opening the boxes infront of them. Dahyun gave a death glare on him, with her eyes telling him that he shouldn't do anything bad or basically he shouldn't escaped, because he'll be dead in a minute. 

He couldn't believe how such a girl- or rather, someone new around the academy manipulated him. As soon as Dahyun opens the box, a slimy creature pops on everyone's eyes. Dahyun was quite taken aback as she squeals, "F-Frog..!?" she closes the box, almost everyone was surprised on what they would do on such creature infront of them.

"We'll going to have a dissecting class. I have given instructions during the class earlier and I hope you've listened because I won't be repeating what I've said. You have an hour and a half, so make yourselves productive." Ms. Kang instructed as almost everyone hesitated at first.

Dahyun shook her head, taking a large amount of deep breaths before opening the box slowly. She had a tough manner yet when it comes to slimy creatures  she would give up the world, "Yahh..! Can you help me out here? You're a man and you should help out a woman whose having a hard time.." she whined, the latter continues as Mingyu sighs, leaning his back on the wall. "Why would I help you..?" he hissed as he took out a gum from his pocket, deep staring at the window.

Her nose crunches in anger, absolutely done begging on such conceited guy. She takes a deep breath again as she starts inserting a gloves and slowly, taking the frog out of the box. "Oohh!! Umpf..!" 

Dahyun was having a hard time since the frog was trying to leap off from her grip, she was squealing the whole time and Mingyu was just watching her, plastering a victorious smirk on his face. Until the frog starts to get away from her, she was chasing it around the room. Some were trying to help her like Seungkwan and Hoshi but the latter continues as the whole room became a funny mess. 

"Man.. Look at her, she's absolutely funny." Wonwoo, one of his best friends nudge his elbow as he chews a gum on his mouth. He was laughing watching how Dahyun trips off everytime, "And I could say she's really something.." 

Mingyu continues to smirk as he watches Dahyun, in fact he was having a fun time. "Something..? More like nothing." he hissed on Wonwoo, until his eyes shoots firmly watching over Seungcheol caught the frog, gently giving it back to Dahyun.

"T-Thanks.." Dahyun mumbles as she smiles cutely, Seungcheol smiled a little obviously caught off guard with Dahyun's smile. "Do you want me to help you with that thing?" She shook her head, "N-No, it's okay. I can do this by myself.." she turns her death glare at Mingyu who've occasionally smirking at her with Wonwoo who have been beaming all around. "Are you sure..?" "Y-yah, thank you.." she pauses for awhile, reading his name plate. "Seungcheol."

Dahyun bows her head as she went back to her laboratory table, she shoots a glare on Mingyu once again. Then she started to get the hint on how to lay down the frog, getting some laboratory knife to slice off the unfortunate body. She closes her eyes for awhile, trying not to freak out. Mingyu was watching her, he found it very unusual for a girl who have high spirits when facing something they are afraid of. He continues to watch her with interest as she slowly slicing off the frog's body until an unfortunate thing made him laugh all of a sudden.

"Kyaaa..!" Dahyun freaks out when a huge amount of blood suddenly squirt straight on her face and to her uniform. Her eyes narrowed in shock, obviously pissed on how it turns out. Upon her pissed off mood, she heard a sudden laugh beside her. Slowly, she pivots her look at the guys she hated since this morning. Yet, her eyes darted comfortably seeing him laughing; with such a smile that she had never seen since this morning. 

"It looks good on you, tomcat." She murmured, yet she didn't know that she was able to say such thing on him until she purse her lips, making Mingyu stop laughing all of a sudden. "I-I.. you look stupid!" he hissed, rolling his eyes. Dahyun knew that Mingyu had embarrassed himself infront of her,  she chuckles a response. Mingyu instantly shook the thought off, as he prompt himself walking out of the room. 

Dahyun didn't know whether to feel grateful or insulted, but then a smile tugged on her lips as she took a tissue from cabinet. 

Far off from her thoughts, everyone again, was blown away by Mingyu's sudden laugh. It's been years since they've seen him with his smile that captures every single student at Mansae Academy. They were thinking in circles and with quite interest on how could such a newbie of Mansae Academy could ever bring the smile of someone back without having him forced to.

...

Lunch Break, cafeteria. Dahyun's POV.

"Isn't the pasta good?" Tzuyu asked, interrupting my sudden thoughts. I look up from my food as I shook my head, "It's alright. It's just that I think I'm going to fail the first activity in Biology class.." 

Tzuyu pouts, "I'm really sorry Dahyun-ah.. I was back at the council office for some errands since I am the student council president here in Mansae Academy. In fact I really wanted to accompany you at the class and we should've been partners instead." she mumbles until her mood suddenly risen up. "Anyway, I heard that you've been with Mingyu as lab partners? Was it because of him?"

"Yeah, that ." I answered simply, rolling my fork on the plate. "I wasn't able to do the task properly. In fact, I've just killed that hopeful frog unable to give him justice by his death."

Tzuyu laughs all of a sudden, "Don't worry about it, I'll just talk to Ms. Kang and ask for a second chance, but this time we're going to be partners. Is that okay?"

I smiled instantly, "Really? You'll do that?" "Y-Yeah.." she nods, but I remembered Mingyu all of a sudden. "But how about Mingyu?"

But Tzuyu platered an 'O' shaped lips again, "Oh, so you're worried about him rather than your negative score on Biology? Can you just swallow your charity thought and just never mind about Mingyu. He's unworthy and infact he doesn't care if he fails since he's the son of Mansae Academy's CEO."

I amazefully listened to her, yet I felt uncomfortable by it all of a sudden. "N-No.. It's just that, I-I mean, why is he like that?"

"For godsake, he's the son right. In fact, he'll be the heir of their company business as well." Tzuyu quoted in the air, "After all, with his such conceited and prideful acts I know that guy. Y-you know, you really can't please that guy whenever you want, he hates everyone here. Even me, he's my daily student guest at the council office for breaking the rules." she smirked, "But I'm pretty sure that Mingyu's a nice guy.. J-Just, try to take him away from his box."

"I don't know.. He's annoying and everything. I'm not pretty sure if I could get along with him, he's my seatmate after all. Maybe I'll just and bug the hell out of his life." I remark as the both of us laugh all of a sudden. 

...

Free Cut, late afternoon. Dahyun's POV.

I was waiting outside the library, until I get a message from Hoshi that he'll be running out twenty minutes late since he'll have some errands for the photography club. Hoshi told me right after lunch that he'll tour me around the academy for our one hour free cut. 

I huff a sigh, looking up on such a calm weather it brings. Until my eyes shoots up on the roof top garden. The colorful flowers that attracted my sight made me head to where it was. I was already at the fifth floor until I reached on a door, I slowly came in and went up to the beautiful view.

I head over the railings as I watch the students walking and having fun with friends. I felt a sudden tinge of jealousy, yet a sudden realization came in when I found out that JunHui Oppa and I are attending the same. 

I audible smile tugged on my lips, feeling the cool breeze air. I wonder what he looks like now? Did he grown so much? I remember those days that I would always because I am taller than him even though he's older than me.

Suddenly I snapped out from my thoughts when I noticed a pink flower sticking out on the wall. I found it very amusing and it really did caught my attention, I was itching to pluck it. I tiptoed and bended over the railing carefully, stretching my arm to reach the beautiful flower. My finger tips were almost touching the flower, and I had almost got the flower when all of a sudden I was shocked when a pair of arms grabbed my waist, causing me to fall down on top of someone.

My hands were lying on top of someone's muscular chest, the good scent grasp around my nose and it was intoxicating until I look up on someone's brown eyes, the brown eyes that I've adored since we're little. Within a close up look, I found myself locked on his gaze and our faces was only an inch away. An audible gasp escaped from my lips, "JunHui Oppa..?"

He smiled at me for awhile, I flinch as I stood up shyly giving a grin on him as he stood up patting his back. "Are you alright, Miss?"

My brows clenched disbelievingly from the fact that he wouldn't acknowledge me, I know for sure he's Wen JunHui Oppa, my best friend back at Busan. I ignored his question, "Y-You're Wen JunHui right..?"

He scratches his nape, nodding a bit. "Yes, I am." When he said that, I had the urge to push myself to him and give him a warm soothing hug. I wrap my arms around him, digging my face on his chest. "JunHui Oppa! I missed you! You've grown so much!"

Until I felt his hands slowly pushing me off from him, "Huh..? I'm sorry, but may I know who are you?"

I crunch my nose, poking his chest. "I'm tofu! Lee Dahyun! Silly you!" I chuckle for a bit, until it vanishes when I saw him with such a blank reaction; more over a confused one. 

"Da-dahyun..? I'm sorry Miss, but I don't know you." 

My heart clenched tight as he said that without any hesitation. He weary a smile, "But please, don't harm yourself. The railings here are slippery and that flower you're reaching over there isn't allowed to be picked." He said, I was mentally blank still deep staring at him. "Anyway, nice to meet you Lee Dahyun."

He smiled as he walk pass by me like I'm just a random girl he just me right now. Am- Am I nothing to him now? Why doesn't he recognize me at all? He said he was Wen JunHui Oppa, I can't be wrong. W-What happened?

~ x x x ~

A/N ; gosh mingyu, why do you have to be so ungentle and junhui don't play forget pls! ugh~ kkk okay so here i am trying to spice things up and little by little i will formally introduce all the seventeen members. hihi~ 

anyway, i'm so excited to meet seventeen on august! kyaa~ tho i'm still confused since bts is also coming back here on july. i'm totally broke! ><;; i just don't know what to do and i don't have enough money to buy two tickets. TT

nevermind, thank you so much for reading! 

Love, Khai xx