1;; scholarship grantee

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Gyeongsangnam-do, Busan. Dahyun's POV.

"..Tofu..Dahyun-ah..!" Eomma repeatedly calls, I fakely stretch up from my bed, growling a lioness groan. Yet my head's feeling hefty for staying too long outside, or better call it as a slumber slash 'I still need to go home' party at Yeri's house. Just right on time to get back home before Eomma wakes up! Phew! Call me sappy, but I remained a trouble-free and obedient daughter that I am.

But little did they know I'm part of the G.I. Jones club for being one hella rebellious daughter. Heck, I could even skip class as much as I want to. Play sick is cool, I had numerous clinic and disobeying reports which my parents were nearly called but because I could easily fool around baldy guy- well, he's the one hella short stuff school's principal, he would let it pass as he would warn me again. And again. And again. Until he wouldn't even get a chance to call my parents.

"A letter was dropped by at the mail box this morning, it's from Seoul." she places the white envelope on the edge of the bed. My brows clenched, I could even rarely got mails or emails and now this..? What kind of sorcery is this? Who could have sent me such- "W-Wait..? What?! M-Mansae Academy?" There was a brief pause the moment I laid my eyes on the jotted name, I immediately rip the side off taking out the folded paper inside.

"I wasn't expecting you'd ever try applying for a scholarship, Tofu..!" A giant grin stretched on her face, I wonder trying to recall a day ever trying for an online scholarship or something.. H-Hey wait, why would I ever get one when most of my grades .

Congratulations Ms. Lee Dahyun, you've granted by the highest dean of Mansae University for a free scholarship. The term will start in two weeks, just bring the necessary papers and we hope to see you here!

"W-What the f.." I bit my lip, realizing such foul word was about to come out until I saw Eomma's face glaring at me. "What is the meaning of this..?" I corrected, she took the paper as she reads it aloud. I yank on her voice, "You're a scholar Tofu..! Oh my gosh! My daughter's a genius! I knew you had it on you!" Eomma suddenly squeals throwing her hands up.

I could mentally slap myself, I grin despite of my sheepish look. "Erh..? Eomma, I think this is just a-" "I'm so proud of you, Dahyun-ah..! This is my dream as well as for your Appa who wishes for you to reach Seoul and have proper education. I know you can do it!" she pulls me to a hug, I almost choke but I still have no clue about this.

Seoul..? I have dreamt of reaching Seoul one day, but not to study ofcourse. But to see someone back I've missed for such a long time.

My name is Lee Dahyun. I know today is such an unforeseen day for me. I just got accepted to one of Seoul's prestigious academy, the Mansae Academy without any clue how my name got there. If I could only refuse it, but I know how much my parents works hard for me to get into a good and decent school and now I'm having one for free. Is this what a rebellious child gets? I don't get it at somehow. But there is something I had in mind that pushes me to accept this one lucky offer, maybe- just maybe if I get to Seoul, will I ever see JunHui Oppa again..?

I think this is a fortunate move for me to see him again. JunHui Oppa, I'll hunt you down on Seoul, just wait for me..!

...

Bus Station. 3 days before the term starts.

"Toothbrush, check. Towels, check. , check. Anything that you might have left..?" Double checks Eomma. I frown a little, seeing how she got another heavy bag under her eyes. "Eomma.. I'm not traveling to space. Stop crying.. Okay?" I cooed, wiping the sudden tear on her cheek. She muffle a sudden chuckle, giving a comforting squeeze on my shoulders. "Sorry Tofu, I don't think I just can't bare to see my only child leaving the house. And your Appa practically had some errands to do with his fishing boat at the lake, he wouldn't even had a chance to bade his goodbye to you for now."

I had a weary smile, nodding as I wrap my arms around her. "It's okay Eomma, I understand. Don't worry, I'd probably keep in touch with you and Appa. I'll go back as soon as vacation starts. I promise..!" I assured, gently pulling away as I grab her hands.

"Aww..! My daughter's fully grown up now. Anyway, always take care and be good to your Aunt and Uncle at Seoul, Okay..?" Eomma plants a kiss on my forehead for the last time. I nodded in acceptance, "Ofcourse, would you ever doubt me?" Erh, what now Dahyun..? Just listen to your Eomma, Okay? Seoul is- quite different. I'm sure I had taken her words into concern. I must be good, atleast..

I snap back, giving a last embrace to Eomma. I hop inside the bus, walking to the distant part of the bus. Eomma was waving her hands as I slowly wave my hand as well. "I promise to be good Eomma.." I mumble, though she wont be hearing a single thing. The bus moves forward, slowly distancing from the bus station was. Making the sight of my Eomma disappears.

I know it was such a selfish move as well leaving Eomma and Appa for awhile, but this opportunity happens rarely and now I was such lucky for having it.

Wen JunHui Oppa, I'll study hard and will search for you anywhere in Seoul.

...

Seodaemun, Seoul. Morning. Byun Residence.

"Welcome to your new home, Dahyun-ah..! It's nice to see you again!" Cheers Aunt Taeyeon inside the house, I beam back as I hug her right away. "It's been what- six years since I last saw you back at Busan..? And you've grown so much our little Tofu!"

"And yeah, six years and now never would I have thought you're already married, Auntie! Who's the lucky guy?" I gush, pulling away gently. "I bet he's one of your damn richie guy suitor or the son of the Mayor? What's his name again-"

Until Aunt Taeyeon shuts my mouth with her cold hand, "Hush..! You see, I never dated those guys so obviously your guesses were all wrong." she quietly mutters, "I just got married to a simple guy, something like that- he's hardworking and I'm just lucky."

"And who were you guys up talking to..?" I heard a voice from the kitchen as I saw a not-so tall guy, with an apron and a mixing bowl with him. "Oh- dear, you must be Taeyeon's favorite niece!" the guy places the bowl on the free table, giving me a mutual shake. "Hi, I'm Byun Baekhyun..!"

My eyes shoot sparkling how cute this guy is and I could say he's way too decent after all, I smile happily taking his hand. "Omoyah..! Nice to meet you lucky Uncle, I'm Lee Dahyun at your service!" he chuckles as well as Aunt Taeyeon beside him.

"Aniya, don't be like that. We're in-charge in taking care of you here in Seoul so figuratively speaking, I'm Uncle Byun Baekhyun.." "And I'm your Aunt Byun Taeyeon.." the both of them takes a look at each other and the beams to look back at me. "At your service..!"

I giggle all of a sudden. Well, Aunt Taeyeon is my Eomma's youngest sibling. I have only met her a few times back in Busan when she was on her college days. She was my favorite Aunt aside from my two more aunts because they don't give me candies when I was a kid and only Aunt Taeyeon would spoil me with bags of candy when she visits us every Fridays.

"Oh! What's that awful smell!?" Uncle Baek beams, turning his facial expressing into a horrible one. "The roasted chicken..! Oh my gosh!" Suddenly he rush back to the kitchen as Aunt Taeyeon and I laughs in unison.

"Well, he's cute and funny." I mutter, Aunt gently pokes my arm. "Now you're starting to speak about boys huh..? So do you have one?"

My brows clenched awfully, "No..! I'm not getting one, even flirting isn't part of my dictionary." I scoff, Auntie continues to grin. "Well, I heard Mansae Academy has a bunch of cute guys..?" My face turns keenly awful but then she pats my shoulder.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here Dahyun-ah.. And oh, you can occupy the vacant room on the right corner upstairs, feel free to use anything here okay? Especially the fridge, have snacks and all." she informs as I nodded, "Uncle Baek will just bring your luggage up after we finish up cooking."

"Honey, a little help here would be nice..! Oww! Just out putting kebabs onto the barbeque." Uncle Baek started to yelp as I chuckle, Aunt Taeyeon shouts back. "Alright, give me a sec." she gave a last smile back as she rushes to the kitchen.

I smile in response as I watch over the Byun's house. It's quite sweet, surprisingly. It's a two-storey home with wide bay windows and a small porch. The house was given a slightly modern appearance and the fresh-looking coat of light grey paint on the walls. As the time passes by, I find my eyes wandering around the property, taking in the beautiful flowery landscape house; all the bright blooming flowers and a cute little fountain. Well I could say, Aunt Taeyeon's really into gardening.

Mansae Academy.. Where a bunch of cute guys would escalate quickly when I step in. I wonder, are you part of them as well JunHui Oppa?

...

Morning. Mansae Academy.

I hop out from Uncle Baek's car, breathing in the fresh morning air that was mixed with the sweet scent of the cherry blossoms. "You sure you'll be okay? I'll just have to drop you too the gates." Uncle Baek fret, I nodded as I beam a smile. "It's fine Uncle, I just want to walk and somehow familiarize with everything around here."

"Okay, just call me or your Aunt if you need anything else or someone bugs you inside. I'll be here right away..!" he jokes as I laugh, "Alright! Thank you Uncle, drive safely!" he smiles as the car started to move distant away from me.

I hugely exhale as I gaze through the enormous school I'm seeing from afar. "Here goes nothing.." I started to walk gripping the strap of my bagpack, feeling the cool breeze air around me. There were cars zonking towards the gates, I could already see rich kids with their handy phones chitchatting around and along with a swarm of noisy girls running behind the black Mercedes Benz.

My brow raised curiously to check out what's with the early fuss, I jog behind the swarm of girls and right in time the car's door open as the squealing started to break my ear drums, "Do you even know how to calm down..?" I hissed by the girl beside me, she looked at me with a deadly glare as she moves away from me. Well, that escalated quickly. I evilly laugh mentally.

My eyes started to look at a beautiful lady who've exited the car her uniform was different from mine and everyone. Her uniform was sophisticatedly classy with a pink scarf around her neck as her hair tied into a messy bun. As soon as I look closer to check her face, I know she's someone familiar-

"Yah, bickering birds..!" she muttered as she closes the car's door. The squealing started to shut, "I'm sorry but bad news everyone, you can now go back to your own busies." she titter, just by her sudden announcement made everyone frown, slowly dispersing out from her sight.

I stood frozen in place until her eyes met mine, she twitched as she looks at me closely. "Dahyun-ah..!" I second thought, why does she know my name? She immediately walk towards me excitingly, gripping my arms. "Hey! Hey! It's me, Tzuyu. Wen Tzuyu?"

"T-Tzuyu..?" I howl, pokering her cheek. "Yah..! Stop staring at me, I'm not that some kind of a goddess so stop worshiping me with your stare." Then she gave me a tight squeeze that made me bolt from my sudden curiosity.

"Tzuyu-yah..!" I squeal back, "Dahyun-ah..!" she squeals again making our voices dominating the school's front. "Well, what a surprise! So you're here now in Seoul!"

"Yah, obviously. I just don't know why I got a scholarship when in fact I'm a trouble-maker back at Busan." I scoff, Tzuyu gave a wide smile instead. "Well, you're way too lucky then! Not even a Busan student could get a scholarship from Mansae.. But you are."

"Weird..?" I caught scoffy by a minute until she shoves her arm to cling around mine, "You know what I'm happy that you're here now Dahyun-ah..! I've missed the old times!" she cooed as we started to walk inside the school premises.

Everything was too big and way too different from my previous school. Everyone's eyes started to lay on us, but her words shot me in an instance. If she's here then- I stopped all of a sudden. "Where's JunHui Oppa..? Does he go with the same school with you? Is he here..?"

Tzuyu chews her bottom lip, before popping an 'O' shaped lips. "Oh, that..! JunHui Oppa. Yes, he's a flat lazy bastard today so he won't come to school. But you'll see him maybe tomorrow? The day after or so?"

I got hyped all of a sudden. I'm such a one lucky princess! He may be absent for now and sadly wouldn't be able to see him but knowing that he'll just be around the corner for the rest of the term calms me down. "A-Alright.. Great!" I responded, not wanting to look like I'm more excited to see him than her.

"Yah..! Hoshi-yah..! Come here!" Tzuyu calls from the other side, there was this small eyed guy who's been holding his camera taking pictures randomly. He stuttered as he looked back at us, pointing himself so unsure. "Yah, you! Come here! Take a picture of us!"

Tzuyu grabs me close as we flashed a wide smile infront of the camera. "It's for the school's news paper." she smiled at me, "Yah, Hoshi-yah! Mind to take her to our room? You know, she's a newbie and she might be lost around the place so I'm assigning you to take in-charge for her school familiarization. Arraseo?"

The Hoshi guy keeps on stuttering, "Alright Dahyun-ah, I'm sorry but I have something to do first. Hoshi will take care of you.." she gently drags Hoshi beside me as she flicks her hair down walking as if she has the spotlight.

"Hi, Hoshi! I'm Lee Dahyun! Are you okay..?" I greeted instantly giving a wide smile. He snap back to reality as he scratches his nape, "Oh I'm sorry, I must be spacing out again." he apologize, "I'm Kwon Soon Young but you can call me Hoshi and I'm the school's news paper photographer. Can I take a picture with you as well..?"

"S-Sure..?" I wasn't ready yet but he flashes the cam on us, "Yah, I'm not yet ready!" "Look! Look!" he laughs as I saw my eyes close yet I was already smiling. "But you're cute! I'll submit this photo of ours!"

"N-No, I looked wrecked Hoshi-yah..!" I tried to get his cam but he lift his hand up. "N-No you can't dear!" Until I pinch his cheek making him frozen once again in place, "Got it!" Soon before I was about to delete the photo, I sense he wasn't doing anything hence, he was only staring blank at me. "W-Why..?"

"Aish, nothing.." He shook his head as he snatch the camera back. I wondered all of a sudden, why does he keep on stuttering when girls started to touch him? Like, awhile ago with Tzuyu?

"Well well well. Have you changed your mind now Hoshi-yah..? You're now dating girls?" When all of a sudden a voice suddenly appears, an almost chubby guy hangs his arm around Hoshi's neck. "You're a lucky bastard. Hey hey, what's the name of this beautiful lady over here?"

"Hi, I'm Lee Dahyun!" I greeted, the guy flashed a wide smile as if he was amazed at me. He prompt himself, bowing his head respectfully placing his hand on his chest. "Well hello there beautiful mankind, I'm Boo Seungkwan. But don't get it wrong, I'm not a loser okay..? It's just that my surname is Boo and sometimes I thought I'm getting bashed.. Erh?"

I laugh all of a sudden, some eyes were on us once again. Seungkwan was greeting everyone who passes by and surprisingly with their names. "Woah! You know everyone's name? You must be popular..!" I muffle in amaze. He brush his shoulder off, "Well.. Not that I'm bragging but-"

When all of a sudden the school bell rings as a sign that the classes has to start. "Woah woah woah..! Let's run!" Seungkwan panics as the three of run hastily towards nowhere since I'm just following them. I don't know if Seungkwan's my classmate as well, but Hoshi's been running the same way.

...

The moment we arrived the room, it was still half empty as Seungkwan, Hoshi and I heaving for an air. "Damn it, the teacher isn't here yet..!" Hoshi hissed, "It's your fault Seungkwan, you've got panic attacked once again!"

"W-Well, you better thank me that we got on time before the teacher comes." Seungkwan baffles as he proceeded to his chair at the middle. And obviously he was greeting everyone, waving his hand like a politician during election period. I placed my palm on my forehead as I chuckled abit, Hoshi pats my shoulder. "I'll be sitting infront, just call me if you need anything okay?" I nodded as I smiled.

I looked up to the only vacant seat at the back which there was no bag placed on it so I decided to have my seat there. Some were looking at me and I only smiled at them. I sat comfortably yet my eyes gaze at my left corner, looking at a handsome sleeping guy taking a nap on his desk.

I cleared my throat all of a sudden, whether is it proper to stare at someone who's peacefully sleeping. My eyes subconsciously scan over his features. Seeing such kind upclose only ignited my miniature-crush on him. His brusque body.. strong jawline.. black hair styled in a y brush.. I wonder what his eyes looked and color..?

"You done checking me out yet?" Until then his eyes opened, giving a sly smile.

"Give me a minute," I reply jokingly but secretly I wasn't joking. He huff a smirk as he prompt himself, my gaze finally meets his tantalizing eyes.

"Annoying.." he hissed as he rolls his eyes as he started to get off from his seat, quite pissed off by the way he hissed at me. I was quite taken aback by the moment, until I found myself standing up as I hollered him out. "Yaah..! Y-You're such a conceited smug, y-you..Kim Mingyu!"

~ x x x ~

A/N ; yey to my first ever chapter. this chapter got cut than the original plan since I have to be specific with the scenes emotions and etc. i hope you like the first chapter, big blasts of events and characters are coming on your way so better tune in okay? so how was it? i wanna know your thoughts for my first ever chapter pls?

congratulations to SEVENTEEN for the first ever win. i'm so glad and proud of them, i cried my balls out last night and even watched the vlive though i couldn't even understand a single thing except for kamsamnida. HAHAHA! *^^* anyway thank you so much and i hope you wait for more chapters, k? <3

Love, Khai xx