6;; the emerald

mansae academy || seventeen ff

History Class, junior-A's room. Dahyun's POV.

"..well hello and welcome back Ms. Lee Dahyun." I knew this was coming as soon as I went back inside the room, I fidgeted my fingers behind my back, hearing Ms. Solji spitting fire sarcastically. "So what took you so long after a twenty-minute comfort room break..?" 

The whole class turned their heads on me, including JunHui Oppa who innocently stares at me. My eyes darted on his hand who was about to raise up, when the freaking Mingyu guy rises his hand up first. "Pardon me for interrupting Ms. Solji, but Ms. Lee Dahyun was called at the Headmaster's office for some matter so she was able to spent her twenty minutes dealing with the Headmaster." He handed me a look after, "Right, Dahyun..?"

"Wha-.. Yes, yes. I was called at the Headmaster's office, Ms. Solji.." I fish in a lie, quietly supporting Mingyu's sudden alibi. Why is he covering me up..?

I heard Ms. Solji's sigh, lowering her towered shoulders as she nods. "Alright, if it was the Headmaster, it could be important. You may go back to your seat now."

I nodded, praising mentally that I have once again escaped from trouble. As I walk through towards my seat, I really have this courage to thank this stupid dork named Mingyu for saving my life from Ms. Solji's fire, but then I remembered that it was even his fault for constantly making me use my time for awhile outside. Once I sat on my seat, I heard him blew out a short breath. "A thank you would be nice."

As if the demon was on me, I rolled my eyes on him basically ignoring his conceited act. "Well.. Maybe, I'll just have you at lunch break as a payment." he blabs, I was blown away with what he have said. 

"W-What..?!" I quietly hissed but he just muffled a chuckle as a response. Oh dear, never would I have though that I would be dealing with this demon beside me for the whole year. He really needs jisoos right now.  

...

Lunch Time, hallway. Dahyun's POV.

Just a second before the History class would end, I immediately headed out the room trying to escape from Mingyu's agreement. There's no way I would be joining him at lunch. There were already numerous number of students scattered at the hallway, I walk hastily as I could trying to avoid the stares that was starting to dart on me. 

My feet led the way as I headed to the path towards the council's office. I really need Tzuyu right now, much more, I really need to get rid of this earring out of me. Just as the perfect time to remember, Tzuyu wasn't in the class since this morning as well as I remembered that JunHui Oppa told me that Tzuyu was on a date. Right.. Way to go. I don't even have friends to spend the idled time. 

I heave a sigh, inserting my hand on my side pockets. Maybe Seungkwan or Hoshi could help me out..? I snap my fingers on my thought, proceeding to the other side of the hallway until I felt two hands gripping both of my elbows. I flinched on the sight of smirking Wonwoo and the other guy I've seen at the courtyard yesterday. "Wonwoo..?!" I reel through my voice, until they encircled their arms on mine, making me lift up dragging me out the area.

"W-Where are you taking me..?! Let me go!" I shudder, trying to get off from them. 

"Can you please shut up for now?" The other guy muttered, seeing his nameplate on the side of chest. He's Dino. "D-Dino please.. Let me go! Wonwoo, you jerk. What the hell is your problem? Where are you guys taking me..?!" I continuously clamor in annoyance, until my voice became so evident around the hallway and through the central building. I turned my head and processes I just had seen. All eyes were on us, gossiping were starting to smear around the area and there is anything more that I can do but to be dragged away by these two jerks around me. 

...

Carat Lodge. Dahyun's POV.

After the immense situation along the central building, Wonwoo and Dino took me from quite little afar from the usual building, hence they took me passing by a small bridge and a garden wondering as if am I still around the school premises? There were no students can be found around and the place has gotten soundless as we've made it into a small lodge. 

Wonwoo opens the door making my eyes wondered around such cozy little somewhat apartment type, which I've been even more nervous than usual. The place was in dim shade light, there was a bar stool on the front pose and a lady servant was cleaning the wine glasses one by one. She smiled at me, but Wonwoo took my hand gently dragging me on the other corner. 

There, the lights were even darker and an EDM music was being played. I could also hear some game consoles being played, the billiard balls being tossed and man chuckles. The more we got inside, the nervous rate flops down by the sight of Seungcheol, playing so gently on the billiard table. I didn't know that I was able to admire him for a second thought, when the curly guy beside him snaps his fingers playfully. 

I flinched, "So she's here..?" He waves his hand on me, I smiled awfully. "Hi, Lee Dahyun..! I'm Minghao and welcome to the Carat Lodge!" 

"L-Lodge..? Carat Lodge..?" I repeat, wondering a look on every sight that I could perceive. Well yeah, it looks like a lodge. But are they special students to have this kind of treatment?  Seungcheol took a look at me but he didn't even made a smile, hence, he continued his game afterwards. His actions made me frown for awhile. It wasn't as pleasing from the other days. But.. why could he change his mind and attitude and it seems that he's charging me for assault if he wanted to. Did I do something wrong against him..?

"..so? What is she doing here? I thought regular students aren't allowed to be here?" Someone said from the corner, having a playful session with a girl student. It was Vernon. Yeah. I remember that other jerk who've spoke to me the last time. "Seriously..? What are you doing here, eyesore?" He says again, coarsely rude as ever. 

My brows clenched tight, who does he think he is? Why does he have to ask me in such rude way, when in fact in the first place I don't even know why am I here? I was about to speak up when I heard someone walking from the other door, with a cold can of soda being sipped. My brows clenched tight as ever by the sight of no other than the jerk, Kim Mingyu.

"..and are you hearing what you were trying to say?" Mingyu hissed, Vernon sat up promptly, his eyes covered with an almost fear. "So you mean your girl shouldn't be here instead? Vernon, I'm pretty sure you were the one that got yourself affront with such offense? Weren't you the one trying to sneak regular girl students inside this lodge but placing your violation on Minghao and Dino..?"  

"Yah, yah. Don't be like that, Mingyu-ah..!" It was all Vernon could react, Wonwoo and Dino was chuckling. Now that I think about it, I've chuckled a little as well. I stopped when Wonwoo placed his palm on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"She's here.. Like what you've said, safe and sound." Wonwoo said, I was shocked by it then Mingyu smiled at me as he walks onto the couch placing his can of soda. He sat comfortably, crossing his legs. "..though she was quite loud, making everyone thinks that we're kidnapping her." Dino scratches his nape, the both of them stayed on my side. 

Mingyu drinks his can of soda, wiping his side lip with his thumb. "Right on time." Mingyu shifts so that one of his elbows are propped behind the couch. "Like I've said, get your girl out of this room right now, Vernon." He said with a command, making me gulp. I didn't expect that he would look so fired up with that argument.

Vernon's eyes furrowed, the girl stayed beside him like a scaredy-cat clinging on his arm. "B-But..?"

"Just follow him, Vernon. Or you could get an offense once again.." Dino interferes, Vernon continues to hiss. "But I wouldn't get an offense since Tzuyu's not around the campus today.." He huffs, "Unless if you would be spilling out against my back." 

Minghao pops the last ball from the billiard table, he stood his stick up with a curious look on his face. "Yeah. I heard Wen Tzuyu's on a date once again, now with another senior guy. Mmm, was it Jaebum hyung..?" 

"Old news.." Seungcheol answers him, focusing on the ball. Until I felt Wonwoo's hands gradually loosening from gripping my shoulder. His hands started to ball underneath, same with a cold featured plastering on his face. Is he okay..? Oh wait-

"It's the Im Changkyun everyone." Dino playfully said, his eyes snatched a look on Wonwoo. I heard Minghao, Dino and Vernon's laugh, until Wonwoo heaves a dark sigh leaving out to the bar stool behind the billiard table. He sat up on the stool, pouring a little amount of wine on his glass. 

The laughter continues, making me curious abit on Wonwoo's sudden reaction. The thought that I remembered with him was when he actually asked me about Tzuyu, helping him out..? Oh gosh, was it.. Wonwoo, likes my close friend, Tzuyu-yah?

"Cut it out..!" Mingyu shushed, "Get her out quickly now, Vernon..!" He commanded, but the girl headed out before Vernon would lead her to. Now, Mingyu's eyes were now darting on me. He lifted his finger up, gesturing me to come close on him. Wish granted, I abruptly headed infront of him with an annoyed-some look on my face. "What would you like to eat, frog princess? Everything you want is available. Steak, pasta, roasted chicken, cakes and chocolates.. Name it. Just tell me."

My eyebrows lifts up in confusion. What's up with him offering me with such luxurious treatment? "Like I've said, there's no way I'll be having my lunch together with you. And please, trying to be a goody-good doesn't even suit!" I pointed my finger at him once again, "C-Can you just answer what am I going to ask you, evil sore..?!"

Mingyu laughs, sitting comfortable as he leans his back on the couch. "As expected from the frog princess, okay then, ask it right away.." He crosses his arms above his chest, as if waiting for me to spill it out.

I gulp, lifting my hand up to touch my ear. "What's this thing on my ear..?! I know you're the one who put this on without letting me feel it, you sneaking sore! As much as I want to take this thing off, it won't let me. What's this huh..? Is this an explosion thing? Are you planning to kill me? Or- or maybe, a spy camera? Are you trying to peak on me? You freaking ert!" I bark out, he continues to plaster a smirk on his face until I heard Vernon's voice once again.

"What..?! Mingyu, bro, are you freaking serious? She's the.." He suddenly trails off when Mingyu stood up from the couch, slowly walking towards my side as he places his arm over my shoulders.

"I don't care what everyone's reaction may be, but I want everyone to know that Lee Dahyun, transferee of Mansae Academy, a Junior-A regular student slash the frog princess.. from now on, will be my Emerald."

My eyes automatically rounded in shock. What- What Emerald is he talking about?! Just like what I've heard from a student this morning.. W-Wait what's going on!

I had the guts to push him off from me, the other guys were shut silent as their eyes rounded in shock too. "What..?! Seriously, Kim Mingyu, what the hell were you thinking?!" I bawl angrily, my eyes filled with anger but he exchanges me with a concern look on his face.

"You have no choice. You couldn't quit nor back out from being my Emerald. Because if you do, you'll be expelled in no time. Not only that.. once you're expelled, you couldn't even get yourself enrolled to any other schools as much as you want to." He threatened, making my heart stopped for awhile. 

"Why are you doing this..?! Just take this off from me, I won't- I won't bother you anymore. Just please..!" I pleaded, almost crying infront of him. He caresses my hair gently, "No I can't frog princess, you'll have to stay by my side until I say so. And unless, if I want to marry you when the right time comes. Wouldn't it be exciting?" He said, laughing evilly.

Once again, my eyes narrowed in shock once again. "Shut up! That's awfully gross Kim Mingyu!" I yell at him, "I'll call the police!"

"Then call them.." Mingyu hissed, placing his hands on his side pockets turning his back on me. "Truth be told, the polices couldn't help you with your childish reasons. Besides, the Carat-Emerald relationship is Mansae's precept all thoughout the decade. There's nothing more or less you can do, I have lots of lawyers who could be against you and I don't doubt you'll lose the case if you insist."

I remained shut, watching him drinking his cold can of soda then leaning his back against the billiard table. He alluring look at me, "Just take it easy. Now that you're my Emerald, you could have all the benefits as much as you want to. You know, every girls wants to be my Emerald but out of all them, I chose you.. Frog princess."

I found myself cringing with his words. I don't really get why is he doing this. As a matter of fact he's not the type who could just act goody-good when he's the son of the demon. I couldn't hold on my anger as I stomped my foot, turning my back as I take my leave from the lodge in an instant. 

...

As the door shuts closes, the boys breaks their silence as they came close to Mingyu with such a shocked look on their faces. "Bro, are you damn serious about- that..? That girl isn't your type either way. Why her?!" Vernon jumps above the couch, walking towards Mingyu's side.

"You know you can easily unleashed Tzuyu's demonic side after this?! Mingyu, Dahyun is Tzuyu's closest friend. And you, you've just hooked that precious gem on her ear without getting her consent." Wonwoo exclaims from afar, stayed still on the bar stool with a glass of wine as his fingers fidgeting on it.

Mingyu sat back on his couch, with his thoughts lingering about Dahyun. He didn't knew that there was a smile that automatically etched on his lips.

"Lee Dahyun's the Emerald? Or maybe you're just joking, Mingyu-yah..? Because as far as I know, her life should be miserable around here since that day she disrespected you. That girl really has a bad mouth and stinky attitude, don't you think..?" Minghao butted in.

On the other side, Seungcheol remained silent as he really paid his attention on playing the billiards. But truth be told, he was fully aggravated with what was the argument just awhile ago. Dino left curious all of a sudden, there was something rambling on his mind right now. He scratched his nape as he didn't hesitate what he wanted to ask, "Mingyu, don't you think you've been in a harsh decision. You couldn't just replace.."

"Shut your mouths up..! I don't effin need everyone's opinion!" Mingyu suddenly shouts, making everyone put into a deep silent. He placed his hand on his forehead. "Just because I made her the Emerald, doesn't mean I like her. It doesn't mean as well that she'll get all the benefits right for Mansae's Emerald. It also doesn't mean as well that I've forgiven her stinky attitude of hers. And all, it doesn't mean that I've replaced her."

"Then what..?!" Vernon, Minghao, Wonwoo and Dino chorused. 

Mingyu laughed all of a sudden, but then he gradually stops as he sighs. "You know.. The weakness of vinyl is that it is easily affected by heat." 

His words made everyone puzzled, "What do you mean by that exactly..?" Minghao scratches his nape. But Dino had finally understand what Mingyu meant by his words, "A weakness is an objective flaw in a woman who may or may not be self-consciously aware of it. So basically, Mingyu.. What you meant by that is.."

Vernon snaps, trailing Dino's conclusion. "..Dahyun's weakness is irrelevant. By which she could easily break her armored ego by someone's existence. So.." he chew his lower lips, until Wonwoo mutters the final conclusion. "..you are going to use Dahyun's weakness against JunHui..?"

"Bingo..!" Mingyu snaps his fingers, clapping his hands. "You guys aren't that dumb after all.. I'm impressed." 

"Yaah..! Yahh! We're not that dumb, it's Minghao who is." Vernon scoffs, laughing hilariously as Dino and Wonwoo joins in. Minghao hissed as he hurriedly playfully punch Vernon's shoulders. "Yah..! Because I didn't think about Mingyu doing such kind of thing."

The five of them were laughing aside from Seungcheol who laid his stick on the table. His fist clenched slightly, controlling his anger not to burst. Instead, he left everything as he saunters his way out the lodge with a loud bang from the door.

The five guys flinched in place as they never thought Seungcheol would have his walk out once again. "..Seungcheol hyung's gotten to be strange these days?" Dino mumbles curiously. Mingyu smirks as his eyes only darted on the door, "Let him be.."

"Yah..!" Wonwoo hollers as he drank the last gulp from his drink. "..maybe Mingyu's the one who's gotten to be strange these days, don't you think?" Making Minghao, Vernon and Dino turns their look on Wonwoo. "It's been what..? Two years since the last time we saw you getting thrilled and smiling more than two times a day..?" He laughs cockily. "And everything was done when that transferee girl came into your life. Say, maybe you like Lee Dahyun?"

He provokes a question, making the other three thought for it for awhile. Thinking that it was somehow true but they didn't want to get in the first hand with Mingyu. Mingyu scoffs upon hearing Wonwoo's words, "What's up with you..?! Hell no! I would never like that annoying girl even if she's the last girl living on earth."

"Well, I'm betting on it..!" Wonwoo dares as Mingyu, smirks. "Then deal.."

~ # # # ~

A/N ; oh yeah, i've just watched dream concert 2016 via vlive and seventeen is soooo freaking good! it made me cry seeing them perform; but more over, seeing them perform without wonwoo breaks my heart. :'< ugh, get well soon wonwoo-yah..! anyway, how's this chapter? keke~ tbh, i've copied the earring concept from a manga, called honey x honey drops. so if some of you were wondering about the earring concept. :) hehehe~ so i hope you like it! pls don't forget to vote and comment~

Love, Khai xx