4;; the unexpected

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Almost Evening. Mansae Academy, courtyard. Third Person's POV.

Dahyun sat uncomfortably beside Tzuyu on the bench, she didn't know what better way to react on such boiling situation between the two teams playing a boiling basketball match. "A-Are you sure that you really wanted them to play a match..? It pretty well seems that they aren't enjoying themselves." 

Tzuyu didn't get to hear what Dahyun said, she was infact, cheering for the both teams as she was the only one who's having a fun time in the courtyard. "Stop with the talk and enjoy watching the game, Dahyun-ah..!" she said, not meeting her gaze but she noticed that Wonwoo was keeping his wink on her everytime he shoots a score. Tzuyu blushed for awhile but she hissed out quickly, "Such an eyesore.."

Yet an awkward smile came up on Dahyun's lips when she watches how JunHui blocks every shoots of their opponents. It became a feast of her eyes everytime she would see him smiling, the only one who's enjoying the game. "T-tzuyu, can I ask you something?" she snaps a quick question, just in the right time to ask her about the guy she hesitated for awhile. "Y-you see, I just met a guy a yesterday.. I don't know what to say, it's just that I met-"

"What the hell was that for huh..?!" Mingyu grits in anger as soon as he fell his down when JunHui accidentally nudge his waist harshly. "I-I'm sorry Mingyu.." JunHui soon apologized with a sincere look on his face, he offers his hand for  but Mingyu declined it harshly. Once he stood up, he immediately pushed him off as he threw a heated punch on JunHui's face making him easily fall on the ground. Everyone's eyes narrowed, as they fall two in their groups.

"Stop it, Mingyu.." Seungcheol appears on his side, "You know you shouldn't beat JunHui up." Wonwoo added. Vernon, Minghao and Dino remained on Mingyu's side as they watch how pitiful JunHui looked on the ground. 

"What the hell is wrong with you, Mingyu..?! How could you hit him for such a misunderstanding reason? When in fact, it was just an accident?" Dahyun grits in anger, kneeling on the ground as she scans JunHui's face. Joshua, Tzuyu and Hoshi helped him to stand up, however, he felt a sudden pain on his head.

The latter continues as Dahyun kept on bickering words on Mingyu who would constantly roll his eyes on her. "JunHui..!" Tzuyu yells as soon as JunHui lost his consciousness infront of everyone. "We need to rush him to the hospital now!"

Dahyun narrowed her eyes in fear, looking at how JunHui lost his consciousness as Dokyeom and Joshua carries him immediately as they headed out the courtyard with Tzuyu, Woozi and Hoshi. Seungkwan stayed as he waits for Dahyun, "Da-Dahyun-ah.. Let's go." her blood boils even more in anger as she looks back at Seungkwan. "You may go ahead with them Seungkwan, I'll catch up after I teach this guy a lesson!" "B-But..?" " No buts. Take care of JunHui Oppa." Seungkwan nods his head as he followed the others out the courtyard.

Heaving a deep sigh, she stomped her foot as she looks back at Mingyu who had his arms crossed. "I don't care who you are or where you from, but mind to tell you that you have no right to hurt an innocent people!"

Mingyu rolls his eyes, Vernon stepped closer as he was the one who've responded back. "Cut it out missy. Do you know who are you talking to in that manner? Excuse you..!" Minghao and Dino had a small chuckle behind him as Wonwoo pats his back. 

"Enough with that dude, I'll just talk to frog princess alone.." he smiled, taking his step closer on Dahyun but then he was pushed away. "I told you never to touch me!" Wonwoo chuckles amazefully, raising his hands in defeat. "Alright.. Alright.. Calm down!"

Mingyu and Seungcheol remained silent as they watch her pointing her finger on Mingyu's sight. "For the last time airhead, stay away from my JunHui Oppa! Look what you did on him you heartless clodpole! You're much sicker than I thought.. I don't want to see your face anymore." she hissed in disgust, Mingyu slaps her hand away as he takes a little step closer to her making her gulp down in nervous.

"Feasty.. I like it. I'd accept everything you've said to me for now but I swear you would love to see me again as much as you don't want to, eyesore..!" In a fast pace, he touched her ear gently caressing something on it. Dahyun pulled away as her brows clenched tight, she didn't peep a single word as she takes a leave out from everyone's sight.

A chuckle from the boys can be heard as Vernon, Wonwoo, Dino and Minghao were pretty amazed on what just happened. But on their side was Seungcheol who hadn't even crack a single laugh out from his mouth. His gape followed to where Dahyun was heading to and just in time, he didn't hesitate to run and follow her.

"What's wrong with Seungcheol..?" Wonwoo stops, Mingyu smirks as he crosses his arms on his chest. "Here comes the hero to the rescue.."

Dino had also watched their Hyung running out as he follows the pity girl they've mocked on. "Mingyu, aren't you abit way to harsh to call her an eyesore?" he suddenly asks, Mingyu gape at him all of a sudden. "Harsh..? Can you hear yourself Dino?!" 

"Aish..! I told you we shouldn't be against Mingyu." Minghao secretly hissed on his ear, Dino lowered his head. 

"Such a waste of time.. I'm going home." Mingyu stretches his arms as he takes his leave first. 

...

"Put me down..! I said! Who the hell are you..?! Let go off me you idiot!" Dahyun yells, punching the guy's back. She was carried immediately to the soccer field, without getting a hint who might have had took her away.

Once they got into the soccer field, she was gently dropped down fixing her skirt but as soon as she lifts up her look her eyes widened unbelievingly. "Seungcheol..?!"

He smiled for awhile, "I won't let you run away without hearing to what I wanted to say, but Dahyun.. You shouldn't interfere yourself into other's business. I admire your tough attitude as you face Mingyu, yourself alone. But please don't do it again."

Dahyun was left speechless for awhile, "B-But.. He-" "No buts, that's all I wanted to say. Now it's getting late, I'll just drive you to the hospital. I know you're worried at him." Seungcheol ruffles her hair as he eyed her for the last time.

Evening. Seoul Hospital. Third Person's POV.

An awkward silence enveloped as Dahyun enters inside JunHui's care room. Seungcheol left her alone to get inside since he told her that he needs to go. The latter wanted to pull JunHui into a hug right away, her eyes wanted to jerk a tear out of her eyes seeing her one and only best friend lying unconsciously on the bed. 

"How is he, Tzuyu..?" she asks, Tzuyu was on his side caressing her twin brother's hair. "He-he's fine.. The doctor said he had just overly strained himself plus Mingyu's stupid action had made him-" I trailed her out as I scoff a response. "Well it's your problem anyway! If you didn't just let them have a match, this won't even happen."

Tzuyu remained shut as she watches on the guys who have been seated quietly on the side couch. Seungkwan fakely coughs, "Er..? I guess we should go home now. Right guys?" A second gap before the others would understand the call. "Eh, yeah. We're going home now." Joshua added as everyone of them stood up aside from Woozi who was peacefully sleeping but Dokyeom carries him on his shoulder. "JunHui we're going home. Get well soon!" Hoshi said even though JunHui wouldn't be able to hear it. 

One by one they headed out the room as Tzuyu bowed her head respectfully, thanking the guys for their help. As the door closes, the awkward silence rushed over as Tzuyu became all nervous. "Da-Dahyun.." she gulped, "Can we talk?"

Dahyun nodded as the both of them sat on the couch beside JunHui's bed. They were watching him as he sleeps peacefully that made Dahyun's heart ache into million of pieces, right in time she wanted to ask Tzuyu as well. "I-I'm sorry Dahyun.." Tzuyu cries all of a sudden, wrapping her arms around her. She dug her head on Dahyun's shoulder as she really felt a pain in her heart; moreover, she didn't know how will she be able to tell things truthfully. "I know - you know who you are seeing right now is JunHui Oppa."

Dahyun caresses her hair yet she was shocked upon knowing the truth that she wanted to know. It felt a slight relief of pain but if he's her best friend, why would he ignore her or moreover; he can't recognize her? It was the only thought that was fully running on her mind.

"I-I.. I was trying to confess to you since the first day but I don't know how." she pulls away gently, taking Dahyun's hand. "Truth be told, I am the reason why you got here in this academy. I've sponsored you for a scholarship because of one thing."

Dahyun's brows clenched tight upon hearing the truth. She was completely surprised; can't even think properly as she was trying to process every words that was coming out from Tzuyu's mouth. "W-Wait..? What? Why? I mean, is there something wrong?"

Tzuyu heaves a sigh as she nodded. "Truth is, my brother had went into an accident two years ago which had cause him to lose all his memories."

Dahyun paused as her eyes narrowed in shock, much more; her heart felt a sudden ache. It was the memories that holds her back in the past - it was the jewel of their friendship and now hearing about such incident made her want to cry. Maybe, that was the reason why he couldn't recognize me at all..

The moment she was about to cry, Tzuyu touched her shoulder smiling a little on her. "But don't worry, the doctor said that he's just suffering from a temporary amnesia. Somehow, someday, he will remember us all. Even his memories with you.." she weary a smile but her heart was tearing up in pieces. "That's why I wanted you here, maybe - just maybe, by your existence you could help him gain back his memories, Dahyun-ah.. I know you could help us, I-I just miss my twin brother so much.." 

Dahyun felt like she was in a dark room filled with so much angst that she wanted to bury herself alone because truth be told, she didn't know what to do. In fact, it was making the situation worst. She didn't know how to start in helping him regaining his memories back; but she wished that when that day comes, he would be able to remember everything and just maybe - maybe, they would be able to develop more of their deep-seated feelings back then.

~ # # # ~

A/N ; depression , but luckily i was able to draft an update. how was it? ugh poor junhui ><;; anyway, i hope you like it and comment. keke~

Love, Khai xx