7;; royal system

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Mansae Academy, east wing. Carat Lodge Fields. Dahyun's POV.

I can still clearly hear the stupid conversation from awhile ago, all over again. I am trying to let these things off from my head, escaping out along such quiet field around me. Where am I..? Am I still at Mansae? I look everywhere and there was log arrow sign 'north wing'. I didn't hesitate as I walk hastily, passing through a small bridge and botanical garden around.

I sigh inwardly, stomping on my footsteps as the flashbacks from awhile ago keeps on torturing my mind. Why on earth why would I ever have to suffer so much? And- and what's Emerald? I mean, what would be my relationship to that jerk now? Am I going to be a slave or something..?! I stopped, narrowing my eyes on my sudden horrible thoughts just right now.

"You know sometimes I really don't get why you still look cute even when you're mad..?" A familiar voice cuts my frustration, catching the sight of Hoshi who had been right on time had clicked his camera shot on me. "Hehehe~ This is so funny. I'll keep this one as a remembrance and help you out first. So what's with the frowning face..?"

He lowered his camera down, browsing on my captured picture which I have no idea how wreck I look right now. I pout my lips, "N-Nothing.. I just-"

"Erh, seeing the way you look right now.. I guess you've came from the Carat Lodge?" I nodded slyly, he chuckles as he walk towards me. "Let me guess.. Mingyu again?"

Once again, I nodded and rolled my eyes. "Well, there's no doubt it's that jerk Mingyu." I guess asking for Hoshi's time for now wouldn't be a bother to him.

"Why not instead, you tell me how was your encounter with him this afternoon?" He asks, hanging the thread of his camera around his neck. We saunter our way towards the garden fields of the North Wing of Mansae. Everything about here was quiet as well, there were some students lying on the grass, some were playing around, doing their homeworks and some were spending their idled time around under the sunlight.

We enter the small gazebo and sat on the nearby bench. There was a brief pause for a moment until I heard a small chuckle from him. "Why are you laughing by your own, Hoshi-yah..?" I turn my head, wondering. "N-Nothing.." He heaves, placing both of his palm on top of his legs. "It's just that I don't doubt if one day tom and jerry would end up with each other."

It was been my first time hearing Hoshi's laugh and I couldn't help but to adore it for a minute, but his conclusion made my brows automatically clench out tight. "W-What..?!" I exclaimed, "Hell no! Even if he's the last man living on earth, I would never ever like him. His attitude stinks like hell!" I exclaimed under my mouth, though I have to say sorry for myself for adoring how good-looking that jerk was the first time I saw him, but unfortunately I was wrong. He's a hella a negative score to be liked.

Hoshi continues to laugh, until I heard a loud messy growl knowing that it was from my stomach. My eyes quickly narrowed in such embarrassment, "I think you hadn't had your lunch at the Carat Lodge," He asks in a bit worried tone, scampering through his bag, letting out a small lunch box. "My Eomma cooked some rolled omelette and some seasoned fried anchovies." He opens the cap and the aroma lingers around my nose, "But I'm full, you can have it anyways.."

He hands me the chopsticks with a beam smile on his face, I blink for awhile whether if he's serious or not. "It's alright, your intestines would eat you up if you won't touch my offer now." I blithe in joy as I accepted his lunch box and chopsticks quickly.

For awhile, I started to take a mouthful of rolled omelette munching it clearly with a delightful look on my face. "It's delicious Hoshi-yah..!" He was only watching me eat and sometimes he would flash a camera on my carefree face. "Hoshi-yah, can I ask you something?" I didn't know how I muttered it without thinking but I was curious on something.

He slightly nodded, giving a pleasing smile as he lower his camera down once again. "Alright, ask it right away."

I gulp for awhile, as if finding the right words to combine for my question. "Erh, do you know about the system here in Mansae..? If I'm not mistaken, the Emerald something?"

Hoshi casts a small smile, his lips formed into an 'O' shape after hearing my question. "Oh, the Emerald System of Mansae. Why would you ask something about? What do you want to know?" I looked around to make sure someone haven't heard how speculative I am. "N-Nothing.. It's just I over heard from others about it." I tell a lie, keeping myself cool as I scoop on the anchovies.

"Oh, it's really a talk-tale everyday. The Royal System is already a custom every year by the chosen high-end student of Mansae. It has something to do with.. Mmm, how am I going to say this?" He thought for awhile, placing his finger on his lip, slightly tapping it. "Because truth be told, that high-end student of Mansae is Kim Mingyu. He has the right for one of the Royal System of Mansae Academy which is the Emerald System. So this means he has the power to manipulate what he wants by having his so called 'Emerald' with him."

I choke upon hearing his statement, "What?! Are you serious?!" He nods seriously, pursing his lips for awhile. "Though he lost his throne for almost two years now. Making all of his rights to flop down and only Wen Tzuyu has the right to manipulate the school up until now."

"So what do you mean by all of this exactly..?" I get frustrated for awhile, not minding about the food anymore. I straightened my back, my brows continuously clenched curiously.

He clears his throat, "This means if Kim Mingyu has finally chosen his Emerald, the Emerald System of Mansae Academy will be back as well. Meaning, he would be the one in-charge with the manipulation of this school. It's a practice to every high-end students to be handling such big responsibilities when they reached the university years."

Huh. That's weird. I mean, I don't get it. "So what's with the Emeralds role then..?"

He snaps his fingers, amazefully muttering the word 'bingo'. "That's right, the Emerald's relationship will be the Carat's guide all through out his studies, as well helping out such big responsibilities and will be the representative to any kind of school activities. The Emerald would as well be a part of The Carats which she will be serving them as well." Carat..? Basically, my eyes narrowed in shock. Leaving me flabbergast for awhile, "But the chosen lucky Emerald gets everything she wants. She has all the benefits that the Carat would be giving her. It's the lime light of every girls around here was craving for because all in all, the Emerald serves as the Carat's girlfriend."

Much more I choke in exasperation upon hearing the last word from him. Hoshi quickly took out a bottled water as he twists the cap open, helping me drink it to soothe myself from almost dying. "H-Hey.. Are you okay, Dahyun-ah..?" He worries, caressing my back. I nodded, damping my lips with my handkerchief. I focus myself once again, seeing Hoshi giving me a worried look on my face, I try myself look cool once again.

"T-That's so shocking, I mean, never would I have thought a school would have something of a system like that." I lowly wrangle. So Kim Mingyu is what you call the Carat of Mansae Academy? The fact killed me mentally just now. Does this mean, I'll have to be with that jerk Mingyu for the rest of my life here in Mansae as that someone who will guide him with his studies, help him out in everything, be a part of the Carats he calls and most importantly, be his girlfriend..?!

Eventually, I couldn't help myself to worry yet I really want to have another fighting session with that jerk Mingyu when I get back on our room. How could I ever help such obnoxious guy? More over, how am I suppose to help him out when infact, I couldn't help myself with my studying as well?

Hoshi and I laid low for awhile, trying to breathe in the fresh afternoon air. I really don't know whether to tell Hoshi that somehow, the one we are talking about is me. I am now the Emerald of Mansae Academy which I am really against of it. I really really want to take this earring off of me, I- I just couldn't take this kind of treatment that I will be having once the news spread like a fire. "You know, I just wish that system will be back once again. Knowing the fact that Mansae Academy has already two high-end students of this school."

"T-Two..?" I was uncertain as I ask. "Yeah, aside from The Carats.. Mansae Academy has The Diamonds too." Hoshi speaks, I bite my lip. If there are two high-end student holders, then who could that be? "The Diamonds..? Who are they?"

"Well.." His voice trails off. "Mmm, actually it's my group." My heart pounds against my chest as another realization once again was revealed. "It was two years ago since we've been declared as The Diamonds. The school finds out the potential of these two high-end students that will be the next in line for holding such big responsibilities as well, they are both heirs of the company businesses as well. So basically, the school wants to have two Royals that would help these two high-end students."

"So, haven't you already chosen your Emerald?" I ask curiously. Hoshi smiles, gasping slightly, "None of those The Carats and The Diamonds has chosen their own Royals for now. And correction, it's not Emerald. It's Sapphire. Our Royal will be called as our Sapphire." He chuckles all of a sudden, clasping both of his hands together in excitement. "You know, I'm really excited if we will be able to have our Sapphire soon. Because once it would happen, the Sapphire System will be open as well."

I have a weary smile, fidgeting my finger on top of my lap. "Really..?"

"Yes..! I will really look forward to treating our Sapphire as our princess." He stops for awhile, pinching my cheeks. "I just wish that it's you who will be our Sapphire, Dahyun-ah..!" I chuckled abit on how cute he was reacting right now. "Aish..! If only I have the right to choose our Sapphire!"

He gently pulls away as I heave a small chuckle, "If it's not you who is the right one to choose, then who is it..?" I smile, he pause for awhile heaving a small gently smile on his lips.

"It's Wen JunHui."

...

...

Is really the world really against my existence.

...

...

Byun Residence. Morning. Dahyun's POV.

I woke up to the sound of a multiple gentle knocks from the door. I squint my eyes, feeling my head a bit hefty from yesterday's thinking. I rose up and dragged my feet on the floor as I open my room's door, "Oh, sorry to wake you up dear." Uncle Baek smiles, with a basket full of laundry on his hands.

"Oh, Good morning Uncle. Do you need anything help..?" I smiled, tying my hair into bun. "N-No, I'm fine with this. I'll just drop this off on the laundry shop and help your Aunt Taeyeon on the flower shop." He gently beams a smile, "Oh, by the way there's a man waiting for you downstairs. He looks like a respected man so I let him in.

My eyes narrowed in shock, who could that be? "Just check him out downstairs, he's been waiting for almost an hour but he told me that it's fine with him since it's still early. Right..?"

Uncle Baek continues to blab as I followed him downstairs. Until my eyes fixed on man wearing a tuxedo suit, sitting on the couch of the living room. Once our eyes met, he quickly stood up as I try myself to look pleasant even I was still wearing my pajamas. "Good morning, Ms. Lee Dahyun." He bows in respect as I quickly touch both of his shoulders, reprimanding him to take a bow.

"Oh, no.. It's alright." I wearily grin, the man smiled at me making my heart almost fall down on how good looking he was. Erh, but I don't know him? Uncle Baek stayed on my side as he watches over us.

"I'm Kim Junmyeon, Ms. Lee Dahyun. I was hoping I didn't scare you out this morning but I would like to inform you that I will be the one to fetch you upon going to school and as well, will be bringing you home safe starting today." He gently speaks.

"Huh..? But I didn't call for a shuttle service upon going in and out of the school?" I wonder, scratching my nape in curiosity. "And.. I could just ride a bus on going to school, alone.." I mumble silently.

The suit guy named Mr. Kim Junmyeon etch a small smile but he nods his head a bit. "I wish to respect your decision but it was a command call from my Master. It's a privilege for the Emerald to be safe at all cost."

Is this a part of those being an Emerald benefit?! I stuff a worried look on my face. "Do I really have to..?" He nods respectfully once again, "Yes, Ms. Lee."

I heard Uncle Baek muffling words behind the basket pile of laundry, "Excuse me..? But who is that master you are talking to? I respect your concert about offering a safe ride to my niece, but it's my job to know and be aware if my niece is going with a bad guy or what.."

"Ah, it's Mr. Kim Mingyu. Eventually, Ms. Lee Dahyun, your niece is the newest Emerald of Mansae Academy. So it is our duty to take care of her as long as she's staying in Mansae. So I would like to clear things up Mr. Byun Baekhyun that Lee Dahyun will always be secured." Mr. Junmyeon answers Uncle Baek, leaving him nodding his head several times.

"A-Alright.. But hand me your official and valid I.D's and let me speak with that Kim Mingyu first."

"Erh, Eh.." I halt Uncle Baek as I gently push him out the house, "Uncle Baek, I know that guy.. It's alright. You can now go to the laundry shop and help Aunt Taeyeon. Don't worry, I'll be fine." I wearily grin as let him go out of the main door. "O-Okay.. Just call me if you need anything or that guy has some evil plans on you, okay..?" I nodded as I watch him having a hard time dealing with the basket full of laundry.

I close the door as I bowed my head, "Just give me minutes to prepare Mr. Junmyeon.."

...

I huff a sigh, feeling uncomfortable sitting on a black Mercedez Benz. I watch Mr. Junmyeon upon the rearview mirror of the car as he drives safely and seriously. A sudden nervous feeling clenched on my chest as I thought about what if I get out of this car, would people suspect me for something..? Do I really have to experience such favorable treatment just because I am the Emerald..?

I sigh audibly, finding out that we have reached the school's gates. The closer we get, the more nervous I was. The car was tinted yet there were eyes already checking out. Upon arriving on the main front entrance, the more students swarming curiously beside the car. Mr. Junmyeon hastily went out of the car as he opens the door for me.

Once the door opens, the clamoring and whispering sounds became more audible.

"Isn't that Junmyeon-ssi..?" "It's been so long since we saw him around here, he really looks so handsome..!" "B-But why is that.. that girl doing on that car?" "Isn't that the girl who's been trying to mess out with Mingyu Oppa's life..?!" "So that means.." "..Is she the newest Emerald or Sapphire now?!" "OH MY GOD! That is such a mistake ofcourse..!" "She doesn't have the pin yet and she's still wearing the regular uniform."

"I'll be waiting here every dismissal time, Ms. Lee Dahyun. Have a great day ahead!" Mr. Junmyeon said, bowing his head on mine. I was fully dumb founded on such treatment plus the audible whispers around me. "O-Okay.." I said.

I watch as Mr. Junmyeon droves out from our sight. Taking a huge sigh, I can still see these girls watching over me and they wouldn't even move their feet out. I slightly lowered my head, walking pass by them but some were blocking my way.. and even, crossing their arms above their chest as if I am getting beaten up once again.

"Move out everyone..!" Until I heard someone shouted behind them, only to find out it was Tzuyu. Her mood wasn't as good as ever as she hastily rush towards me. She grabs my hand as she drags me out of such awful aura with those girls swarming over me.

"W-Wait.. Tzuyu-yah..!" I squeal, feeling her grip so tight as ever. She was dragging me out without saying a thing, she was awfully mad right now as I look over her face. "What is wrong with you..?!"

She continues to act so rude infront of me until we reached infront of the council's office. "..and what the hell just came into your mind? What do you think you are doing, Dahyun?!" she groans in anger. I've never seen Tzuyu so mad in my whole life. She grips my hair, flipping it to touch my ear. "C-Can you..? Explain this to me right now?!" 

I gulp on her sudden revolt, she was really mad as she was pertaining at the earring that was stucked with me as much as I want to take it off. Her eyes were fueling in anger as I lowered my head felling all the guilt that I, myself, now can be called as the Emerald of Mansae Academy. 

~ # # # ~

A/N ; quick update for everyone! hihi~ so this is the freaking explanation to everything. thanks to hoshi-yah..! *^^* i wasn;t really planning to cut this chapter once again but it's already 3k words.. so i will just continue it on the next chapter. hahaha so how was this one? :) pls don't forget to vote and comment! ps the special participation of suho daddy lol! HAHAHA!~

Love, Khai xx