12;; carat royal system

mansae academy || seventeen ff

A/N ; i miss you wonwoo! huhu~ 

...

Early Morning. Byun Residence. Dahyun's POV.

I drag my fingernails, scratching my nose as I turn myself on to the left side of the bed. My alarm clock isn't buzzing yet, I guess I still have time to sleep and dream about JunHui Oppa. But before I could precede my remaining time to sleep, I can hear tiny gasp of chuckles which I turn myself back quickly to look who it was. 

"Tadaa!~" Aunt Taeyeon and Uncle Baek happily beams, waving up a golden colored uniform infront of me. "Aigo, now she's a minute awake." Aunt Tae nudges Uncle's elbow, "It's alright honey.." "But we're suppose to wake her up at six.." "But I think she needs to have a bit time to prepare.."

I watch them with an eerie look, they were once again debating with each other but more than is what I saw with them. They were holding the same Mansae Academy uniform but the color only differs from it. I had the casual black, but this one is in precious color gold. "Erh.." I clear my throat, taking their attention on me. "W-What's that..? I-I mean, yeah, it's a uniform obviously.."

Uncle Baek suddenly beams in joy, "I didn't know that being an Emerald of the prestigious school has to wear something so elegant like this." Aunt Taeyeon pops in beside him, "That's right! Never thought that my beautiful niece has to experience something like this- Mmm, something like a princess!"

The both of them high-fives, chirping in such a delightful mood. I make a weird face but the both of them drag me out quickly from the bed. I panic as I am being pushed to the comfort room, "Yah.."

"Dress up quick, okay?! Be sure to pretty up yourself today. I need to take a picture of you wearing the Emerald uniform so that I could mail it to your parents for them to see their beautiful daughter living the life so well! Quick!" Aunt chirps fast, I couldn't even talk back until they slam the door close leaving me daze and confused.

...

I watch myself infront of the mirror, taking a last glance of the perfect fit of uniform I'm wearing today. It fits perfectly on me, the sparkling black neck tie matches the golden coat. The black skirt was quite shorter than it seems, but atleast I could pull up the socks just on the length of my knee. I also had a brand new pair of boots which fits perfectly as well. B-But..? I never had gone into a tailor for the uniform fitting? H-How did Mingyu knew about my size?

My eyes narrowed into shock, I took my bag on the free table as I quickly headed out my room. I ran down the staircase, hoping I could see aunt and uncle, but to my surprise Wonwoo was on the couch sitting comfortably. "W-Wonwoo?! What are you doing here?!" I choke, taking my last land on the staircase. I also wonder why he is wearing the same color of the uniform I have.

He waved his hand on me, smiling so brightly in the morning. "I'm here to pick you up. Let's go to school together." I mentally daze, "Huh..?"

Until my auntie and uncle hurriedly shows themselves up from the kitchen, "Wow..! You look so beautiful with that uniform. And- And.. You and Mr. Kim looks perfect together!" Uncle Baek clasps his hands together. Mr. Kim? What? He's Jeon Wonwoo..

Aunt Taeyeon fishes her phone from her pocket quickly, she drags Wonwoo and I's elbows which made us standing beside together leaving no space apart. "Okay, say cheese!" I was shocked from everything that is going on, didn't mind that my mouth was gaped open while Wonwoo's teeth sparkles like a gem. 

"Thank you for the tea and peanut butter toast, Mr. and Mrs. Byun. But Dahyun and I needs to go." Wonwoo greeted back calmly as ever, I don't know how did he hypnotized them or used some magical potions for them to comply with him. 

...

Along the drive way, Wonwoo began to speak things up, getting something from the pocket of his coat. "Here.." I took the folded paper, unraveling it to see a typed written speech. My face shows curiosity, clearing his throat once again as he cease to hear me question him. "Today marks the start of the carat royal system. You, as the Emerald will also be proclaimed infront of all the students of Mansae and you are entitled to more than of an ordinary consideration. I prepared the piece for you to read, so you don't have to worry about mental blocks and chaos."

"What? A-Are you serious?!" I was bound surprised all of a sudden. Mingyu didn't even mentioned me about it even yesterday or he didn't mind to call me just to say things like this. I watch as he leaned his back on his pink head cushion. "Trust me. Everything will be fine. Relax. I got you." Wonwoo didn't look like he had sympathized me, instead, it felt like he just wanted to help? Refraining myself to make a single mess infront of all the students of Mansae Academy.

My heart clenched tight, hoping I could mold myself into whole once I face alot of students later. 

...

Carat Royal System Proclamation Day! Mansae Academy, auditorium. Wonwoo's POV.

I swung the back door entrance of the auditorium, proceeding the way with quick steps to meet the other Carat members. I catch a gaze of Dahyun who have shown uneasiness towards the unexpected news. To be honest, Mingyu called each of us last night to meet him at the Carat Lodge. It was almost midnight and I was in my deepest slumber, dreaming about Tzuyu and I.

Skipping that part, as Mingyu's members, we hastily drive to meet him. I was expecting to meet him with such a happy state but it was not alike whenever he calls late. Usually he wanted to meet up because he wanted to go out of town. But last night I saw him in a different aura. He was walking nervously, back and forth infront of the window view.

We knew that the Headmaster will be going back to Seoul after her finished business at London, but we never thought she'll be arriving earlier than the expected. Not only that, since she already knows about Mingyu's decision of commencing back the Carat Royal System, she wanted the proclamation to happen now and as well, she wanted to meet the new Emerald.

It was a do or die situation for us. We thought that we could make actions of Mingyu's sudden decision. It's a long discussion to build up but the issue right now is that.. The Headmaster will probably have her eyes on Dahyun all the time. 

"The program is about to start." Vernon greets an information right away, everyone was showing uneasiness as they keep on gasping out breaths. "Aigo~ We have to meet the Headmaster again. She's so scar-" I cut Minghao to further say words that could affect Dahyun's highly strung. "Where's Mingyu?" I ask them suddenly, Vernon and Dino were fixing their ties, obviously liking the new uniform we had.

"He's already at the stage with the Headmaster," Minghao responded me, right on time Seungcheol arrives as we are set to go on stage. I pat Dahyun's shoulder, "Hey, just relax okay. You don't have to think what to say, just base it all on the paper I gave you. Okay? Come on." I gaze into her pupils, not knowing what she's thinking right now but I know she's really nervous.

We lined to get on stage, Dino was the first one, to be followed by Vernon, Minghao, me and the last one was Dahyun. We formed infront of the chairs assembled on the center of the stage, the whole auditorium was filled with students that shows excitement through their faces. 

Mingyu was standing infront of the microphone desk stand, giving his further speech right after the Headmaster. The Headmaster proceeds down, sitting on one of the chairs on the front view. Right after him, he calls the attention of everyone as he proclaims the newest Emerald. I touched Dahyun's hand, "You can do it." I mouthed, she smiled weakly as she nervously stood beside Mingyu. Secretly placing down the paper on the desk stand, she stutters for awhile, greeting everyone. 

"H-Hello.. G-Good morning everyone." I gulp in nervous. Why do I feel like I am more nervous than her? I watch Mingyu's hand trailing behind her back, trying to calm her down. But what's more is that, the Headmaster looks so displeased with her tiger look as she watches over Dahyun. 

"Hello, my name is Lee Dahyun from Junior Class-A. I'm not the type of student who will lead a prank or skip class with you, yeah sometimes, but that probably isn't what you want as the Carat's Emerald anyway. What I do offer is steadfastness, hard work and the ability to work with others even during difficult circumstances while still keeping a sense of humor together with Mr. Kim Mingyu. I-I've promised myself, further, that as your Emerald, I will stand beside Mansae Academy's Carat, Mr. Kim Mingyu, offering support and stepping in and give any kind of help I could offer to him, to promise that he could trust me, have me in every step of the way and support this system until my last term. 

I am a transferee yet with a little known information about this school but I want to be helpful and I want us all to build memories we'll remember and treasure forever. If there is an issue that needs to be solved, I won't quit until we figure out a solution just like the role of a student council. Now, if I can just get off this stage without falling on my face, I'll be in good shape. Have a good day."

My mouth gaped open, obviously taken aback on her own speech. She didn't even dare to look and read the piece we've prepared for her. Her last sentence made everyone laugh and I swear Dahyun is really something. She's such a girl with full of humor, but I couldn't help how did she ever choke something like that infront of everyone. 

But then I watch as the Headmaster stood up, not joining the crowd with cheers and happiness after Dahyun's speech. 

We also had our speeches right after them, as the members of the Carat group, we also need to make a stand infront of everyone as one of the leaders of this school aside from the student councils. We take hold of the biggest roles as the heirs of our families' businesses. 

Right after proclamation program we headed straight on the back stage, we celebrated in happiness after a successful proclamation. But just before I could even congratulate Dahyun, Mingyu steps infront of her. Making our eyes bulged open, Mingyu hugs her right away.

The moment turns into a slow motion, I didn't expect it to happen. Vernon, Minghao, Dino and Seungcheol as well, were left staring at them. "Thank you, Dahyun. Great job." Mingyu mouthed, slowly pulling away. But then Dahyun pushed him off, "How dare you! Why didn't you even told me about this before hand?! I was so close to dying if you just know!" Dahyun gritted in anger, but as usual Mingyu likes that expression of hers. 

He chuckles all of a sudden, Minghao cuts off the argument as he jumps in between them. "Cut it off tom and jerry! You know what? I think this cause for a celebration!" Vernon shouts for joy, we laughed but all of a sudden stops quickly when an appearance came from the other side of no other than..

"H-Headmaster-nim." We all chorused, greeting back a respectful bow. Sweat suddenly forms on my forehead and I know the others felt that way too. We were all nervous, seeing the Headmaster stepping in slowly with her usual deathly look. Her lips pursed, eyeing on each one of us and the last one was Dahyun. Her look was full of judging as she eyed on Dahyun from head to toe. 

I can't really judge her because the Kim's is one of the highest and wealthy families of Seoul. The Headmaster is really protective on her image and her wealth. And Dahyun as a normal civilian, there's no doubt that the Headmaster will look down on her. Only if she finds out.. And I just wished our plan would work..

Mingyu steps in, "I, shall we go.." He said trying to block the situation, but the Headmaster raised her hand for him to shut up. Hence, her eyes continue to look at Dahyun who was constantly looking down in shy and nervousness. "Who is she?" 

The Headmaster asks, the aura became steamy with nervousness even more that she speaks out. Dahyun bows her head, "She's Lee Dahyun, she's the new Emerald, so it's none of your business." Mingyu said with his usual disrespect to his mother. "I know, the newest Emerald of Mansae Academy, the school I own. So I have the rights to know her. Isn't that so, Miss..?"

I gulp, proceeding my way to Dahyun's side. "She's our friend, Headmaster-nim." I smiled, hanging my arm on Dahyun's shoulder. The Headmaster's eyes shows surprise, "Friend..?" 

Vernon came in to rescue, smiling proudly. "Yes. That's right. She's a friend since the first day, she's a part of the Carat group because she's cute and she fits our harmony." 

The Headmaster smiles, yet her eyes went back to look at Dahyun. "So, which family's daughter are you?" The atmosphere shallows deeply, I know everyone's gulping in fear. Dahyun stutters to speak out, "I'm.. I'm.." "What work does your father do?" Asks the headmaster again. "My father is.."

"He's a businessman." I answer on her behalf. The Headmaster looks at me, "Is that so? What kind?" Dang Wonwoo, I seriously wanted to pee myself. 

"Well, fish. No, No.. I mean. His father owns the biggest fish export at Busan." Dino speaks on my behalf. Phew! The Headmaster smiles in delight. Dahyun nods her head, smiling awkwardly. 

"Well, that's quite interesting." I sigh inwardly, thinking that she got hook by our false information. "But what does your mother do for a living?" She asks once again, a gulp was evident on my throat hoping that we could make an alibi once again. 

"Both of her parents owns three branches of a five star hotel across the Europe, Madame." Seungcheol hooks in, "And please, refrain from asking further questions about the Emerald. We've sent you her further information on your desk which would help you out in knowing her profile." He speaks with courage which all of us looked at him. 

"Seungcheol, you're kinda disrespecting the Headmaster.." I can hear Minghao's whisper.

"Headmaster, the board secretaries has arrived." A knock on the door saves the situation by the appearance of her secretary. The Headmaster nods, looking back at Mingyu. "From now on you are responsible to any kind of form around this school. And everyone of you as well, I am looking forward to accountable acts." She made her last remark to all of us before she proceeds out the back stage.

I close my eyes, sighing heavily. I mean, all of us sighs heavily upon her exit. "Aish~ Aigoo-yah! That was so close!" Vernon groans, slumping himself on to the chair. Minghao and Dino sat beside him, obviously loosing their minds to what has happened. 

"How can all of you lie? How can we keep up the damage now?" Dahyun starts to mutter indistinctly, "We should've told her the truth.." We all watch her in grieve, I know this was for the best. I know she wouldn't understand if we tell the truth on her.

Mingyu remained shut, Vernon spoke up once again. "Then be honest by saying that your dad is a fisherman and your mom sells fish at the market? But then not only you, but your family as well will encounter things that no one can guarantee." 

Minghao explains sadly, "You will lose your life once she singles you out. This is not a joke."

"W-What..?! Why would.. No! M-My family lives peacefully at Busan, we aren't aggravating her.." Dahyun mouthed in shock, I felt sorry for her since last night that I've fully learned about her life. We thought that Dahyun came from a wealthy family or having a high standard living because she enters here in Mansae Academy. But that was totally the opposite. The situation triggers us and even more complicated than ever because if the Headmaster knows that her very own son that is the heir of the HanMin Financial group is keeping up with a commoner like Dahyun, everything will fall into place. 

"It will be a long essay to explain this, but you have to understand that you're part now of everything that involves us. As much as we wanted to help you out of the scene, the Headmaster was already expecting to meet you. You just have to trust us, Dahyun." Seungcheol clears all before he proceeds out the back stage.

Dahyun remained flabbergast, Mingyu follows him without a word spoken for Dahyun. I know he's in between such sudden situation, he didn't expect everything as well after finding out Dahyun's real profile. But our question is, if she's a province girl which couldn't afford spending millions to get into a highly privileged school like Mansae Academy and which such an average grade that there's no doubt she could get a scholarship from here, how did herself get in here?

"I think we better go, the special class awaits us." Dino pats my back, I grip hold on Dahyun who was left speechless up until now. For now she wouldn't understand everything but I hope we could play the game well infront of the Headmaster as one of the two royal systems of Mansae Academy is set to begin. 

~ # # # ~

A/N ; hellooooo how's everyone. so if it took another week for me to update. but i hope you like this chapter. ♡♡ don't forget to vote and comment!~ i really miss wonwoo so i had this chapter for his pov. 

Love, Khai xx