11;; fish cakes and literature

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Dismissal. Mansae Academy, courtyard. Mingyu's POV.

"Geez, never would I have thought that frog princess is a geek after all. We ace the homework!" Dino bounces the ball, guarded down by Vernon who was at the same opponent team as mine. "I'll let her pass on this, but I hate her still." Vernon shushed, blocking Dino.

Minghao waves his hand, gesturing for Dino to pass the ball. "Hush it down, I bet someone's getting bitter about literature." He smirks, I whirl around and shot Minghao a dagger look. Wonwoo ran towards him, blocking him as well. "Shush it Minghao, you know Mingyu wouldn't want to talk about it."

I basically roll my eyes, blocking over Seungcheol who was about to get the ball from Dino. This day was the worst, how could that eyesore do such brutal against me and my book? If she's mad at me, she could've face me instead. Like, I don't mind fighting against a girl. Well, no. She's not even a girl.

Does she think that I'll let it pass? Ofcourse not. I don't get comfortable of all things unless I get to have my revenge, double times the tougher.

Face the consequences, eyesore. I am not the kind of person you want to mess with.. Coz I know you'll end up crying infront of me. I swear..

"Damn it, Mingyu..!" Vernon shouts, I was mentally spacing out again and I wasn't aware that Seungcheol had the ball. I left watching him alone as he made another score. I sigh, gaping my knees. Wonwoo taps my back, "You okay, bro?"

I shrug him off, "Do I look like I'm okay?!" I groan, walking out as I took a sit on the bench. They all look at me, but they decided to continue the game.

It's been like that, everytime I don't feel like myself, I have a free-will to back off and didn't care about what the others would say. "I heard that the headmaster will be back from her London trip within this week." Minghao starts, my ears literally bleed everytime I hear that word. "I am pretty sure she knows about the start of the Royal System." Dino added.

"Yeah right, perhaps she knows about the new Emerald." Vernon eyed on me, just as about to question. "Does she knows.. about Dahyun?" All of them shot their eyes on me.

Never did I told them whether the headmaster had already get the consent of the new Emerald. I had my guilty thoughts about it, I close my eyes for awhile, hanging my head over. "No."

With that answer, everyone's face fall in terror. Minghao reacted first, "Aigoo! You are so dead, bro." Dino, on the other side sat on the floor as he slams his palm on his forehead. "Aish, after all these weeks I thought the headmaster had already agreed on your decision."

Vernon throws the ball into the wall as he hastily walk towards me, "What the hell bro? Are you even thinking? You know how evil your mom is! You know, everyone knows, I hated that Lee Dahyun but bro, you know what your mom's capability if she.. didn't like Dahyun as your Emerald."

I listened on Vernon's anger. What he said was true and I don't have any plans to fight against him. Yes, as much as I hate to say this but the headmaster is my mom and I hated her for life. My sister and I used to live our lives alone, alone in which the butlers and maids exists to be our own family instead of having the love and care of our own parents.

Geez, even calling her mom makes me cringe.

Wonwoo and Seungcheol ran towards Vernon, voiding him to get nearer on me. "Vernon, calm down. I know Mingyu has reasons why he would do such things. Let's just trust him." Seungcheol said, dragging Vernon out of my sight.

For once, never would I have thought hearing such words from Seungcheol. He was, or should I say, the one whom always had betrayed me for reasons and would rather oppose on everything I do.

Seungcheol is my best friend. Yet, our qualities and characters are not alike with each other. We never agree on each others' decision but at the end of everything, rest assured, I would always have him beside me. He may be walking out most of the time, but when the time I had hated everyone's existence, he was the first one to stay on my side.

"You know what Mingyu, dismiss her as your Emerald now before your mom does it." Vernon had his last remark. Why would I do that? I have deeper plans why I wanted her to be my Emerald and I don't doubt that Seungcheol knows it even though I won't tell it straight.

"Why don't we stop talking about his mom." Wonwoo said, his deep voice covers all. Vernon laughs all of a sudden, "Mom? I don't wanna. Let's talk about moms shall we?"

All of us left dumbfounded, Vernon is getting creepier these days. He lifts his hands up, posing for some rap battle or something. Oh no, here he goes again. "Yo mama so fat, that when she takes selfies.. she uses panorama."

Dino was the first one to laugh, joining the rest as they clap on Vernon's stupid jokes once again. Oh crap, here they go again..

I sigh, Seungcheol hissed as well. He sat beside me as I watch them throwing their usual jokes again. 

The latter continues as Dino responded his remark, "Yo mama so fat, that when she stepped on the scale it read 'I need your weight not your phone number!'"

They laughed once again, Minghao butts in. "Yo mama so fat, that when she puts lipstick, she uses a paint roller."

Wonwoo hissed, cutting him off. "Yah yah..! Yo mama so fat, that when she wears yellow raincoat people starts yelling 'taxi!'"

I rolled my eyes, they never get over with that yo mama jokes. Until then, Seungcheol clears his throat. "Did you do it on purpose?" Seungcheol asks, I was quite taken aback. What does he mean? I gave him a confused look. "Dahyun. Book. Detention."

"Why would I do that? Ofcourse I did not. It was her who did that, you know how much she hates me right? Maybe that was her way to fight back against me." I exclaimed, Seungcheol laughs a little. "Alright.."

I lean my back, "She deserves that detention anyway." Seungcheol sighs after he laugh, he prompt himself up again. "But I heard JunHui's on detention too. I guess.."

I shot back a question right away. "I guess what?!" What the hell is he doing on detention?! "Nothing.. Why don't you go and see it for yourself?" He said with a provocative smile as he ran towards the guys who was still playing jokes on one another.

My brows clenched tight as I make a stand, grabbing my bag from the bench as I walk out of the courtyard. I heard them calling my name but I fully ignore their calls.

...

My eyes narrow, heavy steps landed on my feet as I drag myself along the hallway. Until I heard a noise follow up by a girl's laugh. It blasts not to far from where I was standing and soon enough, I found out that it was coming from the detention room. I hastily walk to where it was, every steps I make.. the closer the sight of which I was trying to avoid with. 

"Hahaha..! His face was like this, and this.. Aigoo-yah, what a wretch!" Dahyun laughs, making a fun face infront of JunHui who was laughing along with her as well. My fists ball, catching more sights of them having a fun time alone instead graving over a detention time.

This two.. How could they? But this is what I want right.. This is what I plan. 

I clear my throat, deciding to wrap up the fun time with my presence. I step in on the doorway, until their eyes sank on the sight of me. "Well, what do we have here?" 

"Detention, ofcourse!" Dahyun says quickly, standing up as soon as she saw me. Her reaction was deeply different from what she had just awhile ago. Even so, it was the same pissed off look everytime she sees me. How couldn't she just put up a smile on me too? It's not like a hard thing to do.

I sigh, JunHui remains shut like the usual. Instead of etching a smirk, I put up a smile on my face that made her look so dumbfounded as ever. Without a word, I grip her arm but she quickly shove it off away. "What's up with you? You did want me to suffer this detention right?"

Aish, really? Does she really like to argue with me?! "Can you just shut your mouth?! Why can't you talk to me nicely? Fyi, I didn't do anything against you. In the mere fact, it was your fault for putting yourself here. Not me." I fought back sarcastically, JunHui stood up as he grab Dahyun's other hand. 

"Mingyu, that's enough. Don't fight with a girl just like that." He said. Now he's talking. I smirk, "Oh yeah? Then towering over someone's argument thinks you're the goody good once again?" 

"I didn't say it was. But you're putting so much against a girl." He said with caution, I throw my head and give a good laugh. "Alright. But I'm not sure why you would think that when there is no logical reason to this. I am her master, she should know her limits. And I bet, you know that rule right? Wen JunHui..?"

JunHui zip his lip after, obviously telling that I won the argument. Dahyun's brow clench but she couldn't choke out a word, instead I grab her arm again as I drag her out the room. "Ouch..! Let me go! You're hurting me!" Dahyun groans but I shrug it off, continuing to drag her out to the entrance of the central hallway. Luckily, I catch a sight of Junmyeon-ssi. 

He bows as he started to open the backseat door, Dahyun continues to fuzz and I swear is dirtier than a rubber toilet seat with her words firing back at me. "Shut up!" I groan as I throw her inside the car. I decided to take the lift as well, I went inside and I saw how her face fall in shock again. "W-Why are you.. W-Wait! You have your own car!" 

"I'm lazy and I want to go home." I said coldly, Junmyeon-ssi enters the car as he started to glide the way. Silence creeps for awhile, but then she started to make a noise once again. "Yah..!" 

"What..? Are you gonna apologize for what you did? Oops, I am sorry I don't wanna hear your excuses." I defend before she speaks, but she folds her arms over her chest. "Ofcourse not! I don't want to make a monkey out of you. Why should I take all the credit for the one thing you've done yourself?"

I was quite taken aback, "Woah there..! Did you think that I was the one who did that?! Excuse me, as far as I know you do hated me so much and by taking revenge over me, you did it with my book." 

"Nice game you got there, Mr. Kim Mingyu, as much as I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up your ." Her tone full of sarcasm as my eyes narrowed in shock. This girl..! I couldn't give less of a crap, but she's freaking me out!

My head boils, fists balling. I swear, I could've started beaten her hopelessly if she wasn't a girl. I deeply sigh, calming myself over this annoying girl beside me. 

We remained shut for a minute until she prompt herself, tapping Junmyeon-ssi's shoulder. "Junmyeon-ssi, please pull the car over. Please please.." Junmyeon-ssi hesitated for awhile as he looked over me at the rearview mirror. "No, just continue driving Junmyeon-ssi." I said authoritatively. But she started to bug Junmyeon-ssi a tickle on his neck, making a sway of drive. 

"Are you out of your mind?! You're getting us killed!" I shout, pulling her off from Junmyeon-ssi. She pushed me away, "You want to die or would you let me out for a sec?!" She threatened, making me boil in anger even more. I sigh exasperately, "Alright! Alright..!"

She had a winning smirk after, Junmyeon-ssi pulls to the other side. "Don't think I'll run away coz I'll be back in five minutes!" She said, I was really damn blown away how manipulative she was. 

"She really is something, Mr. Kim." Junmyeon-ssi said, I completely roll my eyes. "I'm impressed! I've never met such a small mind inside such a big head before." I mumble sarcastically.

...

Meanwhile. Almost Evening.

I grump, scooting my back as I look over to my watch. It's ten minutes passed already. What's taking her so long?! I opened the door as I step out the car. I look over a small store infront which I found her getting in awhile ago. Just as I was about to open the door first, it blasts open as Dahyun runs not minding that I was almost get hit by the wooden door.

She ran along the street as I followed her. What a headache!

Not too far she stops as she saw an old man seated on the side street with a guitar with him. She had that smile again, which I never saw her facing like that to me. She was talking to the old man, her smile shatters my inner self for a moment but I mentally slap myself when I saw her getting the old man's guitar and she starts placing a handkerchief on the ground. What is she doing?!

She starts strumming, making me ran towards her closer as I needed to drag her off. But the moment gaped opens, letting out a melody from her I froze in place as I let lose from her singing voice. Never would I have thought about this, her with that voice is extremely a joke. How could such a girl like her have that kind of angelic voice? 

My sarcasm led me much closer as people starts to take notice of her. She was singing heartfully, her eyes close and a smile ponders everytime she chide with the lyrics of the song. This time, I realized that she caught each by-passers as they started to listen and throw penny and dollars. 

Right after she plays the music, people starts to clap their hands as she bowed her head. People starts to disperse as Dahyun took all the money on the ground, she gave some to the old man who've patted her head with a happy smile on his face. 

Dahyun bows her head as she runs back to the store where she went awhile ago. I scratch my nape on how silly this girl be. I decided to walk and come back to the store. And again, just as I was about to open the door she heaves a deep sigh, closing her eyes like she had the world over hers. 

My brows clench tight, for awhile watching her in such idled mode. We were a meter far away from each other, he face was extremely close to look at as I wasn't aware that it took me more than five seconds to scan over her. I mentally slap myself again, poking her forehead for her to wake up back to her senses. "Yah..! You're twenty minutes late and I am hungry!"

Her eyes narrowed in shock, squinting her eyes as she grins awkwardly. "Erh, I'm sorry." She pauses for awhile, until a bright idea pops in as she grabs my hand. Without a word, she drags me out as we ran along the busy streets of Seoul. "Where are you taking me?!" I ask but she ignored me. 

Until then, we stopped by a street food cart. "Ya, what did you just do awhile ago? You know what, if you don't have a cold cash in you, you could always ask from me." I reminded her, her gaze shot as she poke my arm. "I'm not like you who's a spoiled son. You should know how to work hard for the things you want. Because life isn't easy as you think.." she pauses. "Erh, I mean.. For the kind of life I have. Not yours. Phew, what am I saying.."

She laughs weirdly but my eyes wandered along the already-cooked food infront of us. "Here..!" She took a stick of something.. "Don't tell me you haven't eaten fish cakes before?" She said, I shook my head as I disregard her offer, I took the stick of fish cake and put it back to the tray.

"You can't eat something like that Dahyun..!" I said, her brows clenched tight. "Why not..? The taste isn't as bad as your attitude."

"Haha. That's not even funny." I say, fully frustrated. "Come on, you wouldn't want to get sick again." I said. For a minute, her face falls dumbfounded. I grip her shoulders, "Alright, Wonwoo told me that you got sick during the whole weekend that's why I wasn't able to take you out for your uniform fitting."

"Huh..? What? Sick? Uniform?" She stuttered, until she recovers after a second. "Ahh.. Yeah, I was sick. B-But, what's with the uniform fitting anyway?"

"Ofcourse you're the Emerald. You're not as normal like everyone now. You'll get the special attention of everyone that you belong to me." I conceitedly say, a lump on was evident as she shook her head. She lowers her head, "Basically I don't get why you want me to be your Emerald but I just hope we could agree on the thought that attention isn't what I want. I-I.. I just want to live a normal life like I had before." 

Her voice was so soft that made me jump over a huge joy, it was the first time for life that she had spoken me this soft. Unlike those days she would yell at me, hurt me with her punches and all. The thought gained a tinge of guilt inside me, "D-Don't worry, I'll protect you." I didn't know how and why those words choke out all of a sudden. But then she quickly eyed on me, our eyes met for a second and it was too awkward for us.

We both cough as she took a stick of fish cakes again, forcing me to have one. I was left dumbfounded, I watch her as she paid for the fish cake she took for me to have it. "Don't worry, it's safe. Call me back when you felt cramps or what, and.." she reminded me, but then something that pops into her head that she take loose of her bagpack, scampering something inside. "Here.."

As fast as she did, I hard thing slams on my chest. My head falls down, catching it with my other hand. A look over on a book but the least thing I didn't expect was right infront of me. "Literature book..?" I mumble.

"Yeah, just so you know that I am sincere with my words that I didn't attack you from behind. I might hate you for the rest of my life here in Seoul, but I just want you to know that there are several people in this world that I find unbearably obnoxious, and you are all of them." Just when I thought everything was sensible, her voice gritted with sarcasm once again. 

I was quite taken aback once again, leaving myself speechless as she gave me a smile before she turns her back on me. W-Where is she going..? "W-Wait! Frog princess..!" I snap out, hollering her name. But she waves her hand, still not looking back at me. "Don't worry, I'll just have my walk. My house is just a block away. So.. ciao!" 

I lift my hand up, trying to voice out even more. Until I find her gone as she makes her turn to the other street. I was left with a book and fish cake on my hands. Just when I knew, I choke an amazed laugh after everything that has happened. 

I ate the fish cake which she bought for me, it was my first time to eat something sold from a street food cart. I bought thirteen more sticks which I enjoyed. I called Junmyeon-ssi who have parked the car somewhere so he could pick me up.

But as I wait for him, I find the place where she had gone through. I thought of going inside and later, I find out that it was a mini bookstore after all. A smile suddenly etched on my lips, some realization hit me after everything she has done for me today.

I'm not like you who's a spoiled son. You should know how to work hard for the things you want. Because life isn't easy as you think..  

That frog princess.. did she play infront just to get a penny? 

~ # # # ~

A/N ; updaaaaate! oh yeah, 'very nice' is such a catchy right? hihi~ i'm so proud of my boys, our seventeen! *^^* anyway, what can you say about the update? especially the CARAT MEMBERS' jokes? lol hahaha any thoughts about it? kkk~ 

MingHyun or JunHyun? *^^*

Love, Khai xx