5;; diamond earring

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Early Morning. Taeyeon's Flowershop. Dahyun's POV.

"Dahyun..? Is there something wrong, dear?" asks aunt Taeyeon, returning back inside the shop with a pile of fresh white and pink flowers. I try to get away from my deep thoughts away but she places the pile on top of the table, focusing now her sincere attention to me. "I heard you crying inside your room last night and your uncle Baekhyun and I couldn't just demand to get inside and ask you why. Do you feel homesick, dear?"

I frown for awhile, letting my fingertips play behind me as I felt guilty for such. Yes it's true that I've once again cried myself to sleep but it was for the thing that I've found out yesterday. I could get the hang of being away with my parents for awhile, but what hurts me the most is the actual truth that JunHui Oppa has already forgotten about my existence - moreover, he might be suffering for a temporary amnesia, but who knows..? If fate doesn't go along the way with us, he wouldn't remember me until our last breaths.

"Yeah.. Maybe I was just feeling abit of homesick, aunt. I'm sorry.." I mumble, telling a lie. I felt her warm palms touching my cheeks as she gives me a heartwarming smile. "It's alright dear, I know it's hard for you but your uncle Baek and I are here as your temporary parents. Just don't feel yourself distant to us, because I myself, treated you as my daughter since you were in pre-school." 

I return a guilty smile, reminiscing those days that aunt Taeyeon was the only sibling of my Eomma that I really liked. She would always baby-sit me, give me candies and most of the time play around the park. I move my hands, wrapping it around her as I gave a gentle hug. "Thanks aunt Taeyeon, you're the best..!"

She caresses my back as we parted gently from each other. "Aww..! Anything for my favorite niece.." we both giggled but I snap back, pointing at the fresh beautiful flowers behind her. "Hey aunt, what do you call these flowers over here..?" I curiously ask, taking a stem of the white flower. 

"Oh, it's a Carnation kind of flower. It's beautiful right..?" she answers, grabbing one to two as she arranges it in a large colored papers. I sat on the stool beside her as I watch her magically hands do something on each stems. With such an unfortunate matter, my eyes overlooked on the pink flower that has way resemblance on the flower that I was reaching forth the last time. "A-Aunt Taeyeon..?"

"Mmm, yes..?" she hums, cutting the excess edge of the stems. I bit my lip before I speak again, "Do you still remember JunHui Oppa?" 

"Oh yes, if I'm not mistaken he's your best friend back at Busan, right?" she giggles as she continues, "Ahh.. Those old days, I remembered those old days that you two would hide yourselves inside the tree house at the back of their house.."

The thought made me smile for awhile but it had made me etch a fret look for such realization, "I wonder how is he? I bet he has already turned out into such a young beautiful man.." aunt continues to wonder as she playfully smile while working on the flowers. "So Dahyun, do you still see each other? Is he your boyfriend now?"

"I-I.. No.." I was quite taken aback, aunt gave me such a teasing smile as I frown once again. "It wasn't still. But it's more of, I have found him already." I sigh, aunt Taeyeon turns to look back at me. "I've lost connection with him since second grade because their family has to live in Seoul for good and up until now before I could just enter Mansae Academy with luck."

Aunt Taeyeon's eyes rounded in shock, clasping her hands together in surprise. "Woah..! You mean, destiny? How lucky of you to find him again! I bet you two are getting along with each other again eh..?" 

"Th-That.. was not actually what had happened, aunt. The sad truth was, he's suffering from a temporary amnesia. It's been said that he had himself into an accident two years ago. Yet still, he's been with that ill until now." I explained, but a creep of a little smile shows up on her face as she pats my shoulder. 

"It's fine Dahyun-ah.. Remember the word temporary. And I'm a hundred percent sure that you're an important person to JunHui and that- that would be the key for making him remember everything easily. Just because of you." 

I smiled with hope as I nodded amazefully, with one more last look she gave a smile as I felt every hope does on me. Maybe aunt Taeyeon was right, if I were to make things possible and do my best - maybe, just maybe I would be able to make him remember everything in no time. Make him remember me.

"You better get to school now, dear. Don't worry about me here, I'll just have to finish this order for my daily customer." Aunt Taeyeon continues arranging the stems of white and pink Carnation flowers, I nodded as I took my bagpack on top of the stool. "You sure you don't want me to help you with that..?"

"It's alright, I've been doing this for a long time now. You know, you should meet my daily customer, he's handsome and kind and all.. It's just that I wonder why he consistently buy a bouquet of carnation flowers everyday." she wonders, as I cringe my nose. "Aish, ofcourse it must be for his girl friend. I-I don't have to meet him at all.. Anyway, I'm going now aunt, see you later!" We chuckled as I take my leave.

Mansae Academy, central building. Dahyun's POV.

"Heard about the news of that palm-faced newbie..?" "Yes, she's really disgusting.." "How dare she pointed her finger on Mingyu that easily? Who does she think she is?!" "Tss, she's such an attention-seeker!"

I heard murmurs and eyes specifying on me as I pass by the central building, out of all the talks were about me and that Mingyu guy. The thing was, how did they know about the situation of us yesterday at the courtyard. Jeez, news spread so easily. I need to distract myself from them, I don't care how satanic I was on the way I look, it just doesn't seem right. I'm the victim here, why would they judge me so easily when in fact I was just trying to protect JunHui Oppa from him?

"Yah..! Eyesore, you're the girl on Mingyu's class right? The attention seeker. The ." A tall lady with a red fiery curls that cascaded past her shoulders, to her huge s steps infront of my way, her eyes hint of disbelief.

"What the hell did you just call me?" The words fly out of my mouth before I can have a chance to stuff that back in.

Instead of answering my question, she merely laughs then she flips her hair, inching more closer as she grabs my collar grittedly. "How could you step close so easily on him, huh..? And how could you humiliate him, do you know who you are trying to get into?" she yells, taking all the attention on us. I was trying to push her hands off me, but she continues to tighten her grip on my collar. "Listen you, know your limits before.."

"Aish..! What an early bickering.." In the moment, she stops as a man's voice hollered along the hallway. Everyone's look turn to who it was. It was Seungcheol. "Dahyun-ah..! The class is about to start."

I worry for awhile until he reaches to our side, automatically the lady loosen her grip from me but her eyes towered with anger. "S-Seungcheol Oppa.." she fake an attitude afterwards, mumbling like a kitten infront of Seungcheol. He only looked at her but to my surprise, he took my hand dragging me out such scene. 

I was left speechless, walking along the hallway with Seungcheol as his hand won't let go of mine. "T-Thanks.." "I didn't save you, Dahyun. No need to thank me." he said, walking so serious. "B-But, you did. I was getting bullied but-" 

"I didn't think you have a scaredy-cat spirit side of yours, the Dahyun I know was a strong and a fighter one. But it seems you have no match with Jihyo after all." Needless to say a word, I chew my bottom lip feeling for guilty as such. Yes, it was my first time to encounter something like that with my whole existence. I never want myself to get bullied or being stepped on. But why did I ever left speechless infront of that girl when she started to get her hands on me..? Such a horrible being. 

Once we get infront of the front door of our room, Seungcheol stops as he let go of my hand. He didn't even dare to look at me, hence, he took the knob to open but he heaves a sigh before getting in. "Face your consequences for getting into Mingyu's life. Good luck, Dahyun.." 

I fear on his last words unexpectedly, not once he put a smile on me unlike those days we've been seeing each other. Seungcheol was one of those who've been kind to me since the beginning, but just this day, he had turn into someone - someone so cold yet so kind for saving me from the red haired girl this morning. And moreover; what consequences do I need to face just because I get into Mingyu's life? Hell no, I'm not- did I ever get into his life since in the beginning. I was just treating him the way he deserves to be treated because of his evil attitude. 

...

History Class, hallway. Dahyun's POV.

I was definitely out of my mind as I couldn't focus well on our History class, my mind's flinching in place like it wanted to me skip class. But I shouldn't - maybe a can of fruit soda would bring me back to senses. 

I excuse myself for awhile as I headed to the vending machine near the lockers to buy one, I took a bill out on my pocket as I let it slid by the machine, pressing the fruit soda button I waited for it to bring down but then I heard footsteps coming near my direction. I shaft my look to see JunHui Oppa, my eyes widening in surprise. "J-JunHui Oppa, are you already fine..?"

He turns to me and grins, "Hello there, Dahyun. Yes I'm fine, I really want to discharge myself since the smell of the hospital kills me." I chuckled, realizing that he's already two meters away from me. "Thank you Dahyun, for yesterday.."

My eyes narrowed for awhile, "N-No, don't thank me Oppa. It's just that what Mingyu was doing isn't right. He's so mean and all, he's such a conceited guy which he thinks that no one can mess up with him. Just because I'm a girl he thinks I have no match with him?  Hell no, I'd definitely fight him." 

I didn't know that I was babbling way too much, until I realize that he was chuckling as I could see his smile once again. "Er, eh.. I'm sorry. I think I've said too much pointless. But I'm happy that you're already fine, JunHui Oppa." I scratch my nape, having a weary smile.

Out of sorts, he gently ruffles my hair making my heart skip its beat. "You're such a funny person, Dahyun." I went speechless as I scan my eyes on his face that was like shining diamond to look at. "Say, would you like to grab lunch together this afternoon? My sister Tzuyu had skipped class once again for a date so maybe I thought spending lunch with you would be fine because you're really like my sister. Maybe you two could get along for having such a humoristic side."

I cast a warm smile yet I felt a tinge of ache in my heart. So he really doesn't remember anything, even my relationship with his sister. "O-Ofcourse we.."

I trailed off when I felt of a long sleek arm around hanging on my shoulders. I shoot a dagger glare to who it was. "M-Mingyu..?"

"What she really meant was, ofcourse she couldn't because she'll have her lunch with me." Mingyu scoffs, my eyes narrowed at him as I was trying to push him away from me. JunHui Oppa pursed his lips for awhile, nodding his head abit. "Alright, too bad. But I hope we could catch up sometime Dahyun-ah."  

"Ofcourse, Jun-" Mingyu covers my lips, preventing me not to talk anymore. JunHui Oppa smiled for the last time as he proceeded out of our sight. I flinched in place, trying to let loose from Mingyu's grip. As soon as JunHui Oppa was already out of our sight he let loose his grip as I turn to shoot him a glare. 

"What do you think you were doing..?! And the hell I would be having lunch with you? Are you out of your mind?! That- That is not going to happen, ..!" I really had a pissed off look as I pointed my finger on him once again. "And- why are you here? Are you stalking me?!"

Mingyu chuckles yet an evident smirk shows up after, he folds his arms over his chest. "Hey eyesore, I'm not exactly here to see you."

My cheeks burn. I'm embarrassed that I have jumped to the conclusion. They why are you here? "Really feasty.." he grabs my arm as he pushes me to the lockers. I irk in ache for awhile, but he traps me with arms. When Mingyu stared at me for awhile, I didn't think that I was staring back at him as well. God, I did

His ash brown hair is a mess of waves falling into his face, casting shadows over his mauve eyes. Thick lashes frame them. His cheekbones were broad and well defined. Oh god his lips. They look full and soft. A hint of stubble shades of his strong curved jaw made me gulp into sudden. His presence scorches me like he's the freaking sun.

I pushed him away, but he traps me back. "Mingyu..! I have a History class to attend. Get out of my way!" I stuttered, he didn't peep a word hence he continues to scan over my face. His muscular arms strongly traps me, which in a few there were students who catches us with their eyes. They started to whisper amongst each other, possibly another fresh news that has to spread in just a minute. 

Just like how I remembered. Too bad his personality is so full of . "You mean, we.." he finally mumbles a word, but then he lifts my chin up slowly sliding his hands up to tuck the strands of my hair at the back of my ear. His eyes took a look on my ear for awhile, before he finally releases himself off from me. "Good.. Stop talking to strangers, babe. I'll see you at lunch then." 

I try to tell myself that what he said was full of crap. Did he just called me babe..?

He walks out completely out of my sight leaving me speechless for awhile, "W-What..? Who does he think he is?!" I groaned, accidentally brushing my hand over my ear until I felt a thing attached on to it. "Wait.. what's this?" I mumble, I could feel it was an earring attached into me. I had my ears pursed but never worn an earrings before I reached here in Seoul. 

I immediately ran towards the comfort room. As I saw myself infront of the mirror, my eyes widen on such sparkling diamond earring that was attached on my ear. I touched my other ear but it doesn't have a pair on it. It's so precious yet how did I get one on my right..?

I was having a hard time taking the earring out, I did my best but it won't just let go of my ear. "W-What's this thing..?!" I irked, until a student went out on one of the cubicles. She looked at me as her eyes widened in shock, she pursed her lips and quickly rushed out of the comfort room. Does she know what's this thing?

I headed out the comfort room as I try to chase her, gripping her hand for her to look at me back. "Excuse me? B-But.."

"I'm really sorry, Emerald. But I need to go." she bows her head infront of me several times as she rush quickly out of my sight leaving me speechless for the word she had let out. Emerald? Did she just called me emerald? Geez, maybe she was just guessing my name.

~ # # # ~

A/N ; belated happy birthday, kim dahyun! *^^* hehe~ anyway, how was this chapter? hope you like it and please vote. you'll know the reason for that earring in the next chapter. :)

Love, Khai xx