3;; basketball match

mansae academy || seventeen ff

Flashback 1994. Busan. Third Person's POV.

It was that almost Christmas evening, the cold winter falls merrily at every streets of Busan. It was the most anticipated time of the year, children starts to play with snow, couples walk around lovingly around as the moon shines bright towering the whole landscape.

Yet, afar from the cheerfulness of everyone lies the varying tone between the two friends. "Dahyun-ah, promise me that you'll be a good girl okay?" JunHui ruffles Dahyun's hair, her eyes wobbles in tears with her cute pout that made her squeeze him in a hug.

"JunHui Oppa, I will miss you. I'll go to Seoul once I have lots of money and even sell all my toys just to see you soon when I grow up!" she childishly sob on his shoulder. JunHui smiled, caressing her hair. He then heard his Eomma calls him inside the car. "N-Now.. I'll see you soon, Dahyun. I promise you that and I promise that we are best friends forever. And with that promise-" he gently pulls away from her embrace, "Promise me that you'll wear this everyday."

JunHui wears her a cute necklace with a little shoe sign pendant in the middle. Because since then, he was engage with dancing while Dahyun was with singing. With such a huge contrast with their interest, the both of them adored each other very much- making Dahyun had her little fantasies that someday - someday, she will marry with own childhood and bestfriend, Wen JunHui.

He held her puffy cheeks for the last time, staring at her eyes solemnly. "I'll see you soon, Dahyun-ah. I will miss you." JunHui smiled, taking his leave as he enters the car. Tzuyu pokes her head out the window, waving her hands with her swollen eyes because she cried the whole night. She will miss Dahyun, she knows how hard it was knowing that she was somewhat an older sister to her and she really likes her alot. The memories they had will never be forgotten and most of all, how she witnessed how her twin, JunHui had his crush for the first time.

Dahyun stood still, with her eyes showering in tears. Yet before she could even have her farewell, the car leaves from her sight. Knowing the fact that he's gone.

...

Mansae Academy, cafeteria. Lunch Break. Dahyun's POV.

I sigh for the nth time, playing poke on my pasta with my chopsticks. "Is there something bothering you?" Hoshi asks, Seungkwan swallowed his meal as he asks repeatedly. "Y-yeah, you seemed to be feeling down since this morning Dahyun-ah..? Are you okay? You know, you can share it with us."

Truth be told, I cried the hardest last night. His words shot like a bullet as the unfortunate event that happened between us yesterday at the rooftop kept creeping up on my mind. I really have no idea as to what had happened, I am- indeed, deeply confused. I still have this second thoughts that I might have mistaken that guy over JunHui Oppa.

The contrasting between Hoshi and Seungkwan made me smile. "I.. Maybe was just homesick." I lied, "Ohh, I understand. I mean, not completely understand what it feels like living afar from your usual home." Hoshi drawls, realization dawning upon his soul before Seungkwan adds, "That's too sad, Dahyun-ah.. But I'm pretty sure you'll get used to it for now, just think of it that Mansae Academy has a bigger chance of opportunity for you soon. Cheer up, you have us." he gently pats my back, he was seated on my side as I smile on to him.

I really don't know how to thank this guys with me. I have known them just yesterday, yet it felt like for a long time. I may have lied to them for now, but I think that I should still have some time to think about what's bothering with me and finally had to find it out everything soon.

"Dahyun-ah.. About yesterday, I'm really sorry if you took so long to wait. I guess you've been quite bored so you've decided to go home after." Hoshi cried dramatically all of a sudden. I laugh as I saw him clasping his both hands together in sorry. I chuckle, letting his hands down. "N-No, I mean it's alright. My apologies for leaving you without a word, Hoshi."

"Really..? I'll just tour you around within the day." Hoshi beams, I nodded. Seungkwan started to in, "Speaking of this day, Dahyun-ah.. Would you like to see our basketball match after class? It's a three-on-three match with our other friends as well."

"Sure, I'd love to." I nodded excitingly, Hoshi sips his tea as Seungkwan still has his smile. "They said they wanted to meet you too. They haven't got any chance to speak with you because of some school club matters."

"Really..?" I stated unbelievingly. The thought made me skip the weight I felt just awhile ago. Making friends sounds fun, maybe - just maybe, if I have gained more friends from this school would somehow make me feel better.. But I miss you, JunHui Oppa. Best friends forever right?

...

Meanwhile. School's Hallway. Dahyun's POV.

For the past few hours, Hoshi had already toured me around this huge campus. He also had given me the school's familiarization map in case I'll get lost or if I needed a guide on the rooms that I'll be needing to go.

Great. I really need to go and see Tzuyu right now, I really need answers to my buggy questions since yesterday. I haven't seen her during class once again, so I am pretty sure she'll just be at the student council's room.

I was walking on such a long hallway, thrice bigger than my school back at Busan. Seoul students were completely different from Busan. Quite liberated at some point, I've spotted two-three couple kissing on such quiet hallways, girls would squeal-talking about some boys from time to time and alot of bullies happens in this school since yesterday. I guess settling into a new place feels.. weird.

I made a turn on the right corner, looking back at the map. The silence creeps down, familiarizing on the room numbers on my sides until I stopped when I saw JunHui Oppa heading out on one of the rooms. "O-Oppa..?" I mumble internally, clenching the map on my chest as I watch him walking towards my direction.

I feel completely useless, standing stiff and speechless. My heart started to thump faster the moment he make foot steps closer and closer to my side, I lifted my hand slightly up. Thinking to greet him, "H-Hi.." I grin, but then I was shocked when he didn't noticed me at all. He passed by me like nothing happened. For real?

I gulp in surprise, I spun back as I watch him walking towards the end of the hallway. "D-Don't you remember me JunHui Oppa..?" I mumble to myself, frowning in despair. Slowly, I reach my hand to the pendant on my neck. "I really miss you, JunHui Oppa.." I huff a weary sigh, as I continue to search for the council's office. I must find Tzuyu right now and bombard her with lots of questions.

"So five more rooms til the student council's room.." I count the doors I passed by until my eyes found someone inside that made me pull into a huge stop from the 3rd room count. The window was clearly open, yet the room was dark. It was Mingyu - who was sleeping on up right position beside the book shelf.

My eyes watch him as I never would have thought that he really has that charm even more when he's asleep. Eww no, why the hell am I adoring him just now?

"Well helloooo thereee freakishly cute girl.." A sudden voice pops up on my ear, as well an arm was clinger on my shoulder. I turn to look at a familiar good looking guy in class. I step away from him as he chickily smiled. "Hey.. I'm Jeon Wonwoo."

I rolled my eyes on him once I recall that he's one of the guys who've laughed on me during the laboratory incident. "Cocky much? I'm not interested in knowing your name."

"Woah, woah.. Easy breezy." he dazed, I huff as I turn my back on him. Deciding to just ignore him, until he reaches for my hand. "H-Hey, you don't have to be rude babe."

I clench my brows on him, why is this stupid calling me babe? "Excuse me?" "Hey, I just wanted to see how you are doing. I was just worried about that frog dilemma yesterday.." he mumbles like a puppy. How dare him say such a lie, when in fact he went go like a flat retarded guy who've laughed so hard and didn't mind to help me. "So what do you say for yourself?" He added with such low husky voice, holding an imaginary microphone leaned on me.

I clear my throat and play along, "I want to punch your face." I declare blankly.

Wonwoo laugh retardedly once again and then he sends me a disgusting wink. "Mmm, I like it rough." I send him a smirk, "Anyway, why are you here? Mmm, watching over Mingyu.. eh?"

I flinch when I heard him say such thing, "O-ofcourse not..! I.. I was searching for the council's office. It was just that I found someone inside such dark room.." I shrug, "More like a cold dead body."

He laughs once again, "You're really funny and.. something, frog princess." He taps my shoulder but I slap his hand away. "Don't touch me, get lost!" I scoff as I started to turn my back on him once again, taking my leave.

"Yah..! You know, I can help you with Mingyu." he hollers, I roll my eyes as I continue to walk. "Whatever.." I mumble, yet then again he shouts back. "Yah..! I heard you're Tzuyu's closest friend." I basically put into stop as I face him back with a smirk, "Y-yeah, even a childhood friend of mine."

"Can you help me out with her?" he says with full of confidence. I hissed, "In your dreams.." I stick my tongue out, ignoring him for the last time. He was saying such things - more like pleading. So who does he think he is? "Shut up, Tzuyu's not interested with such a flat retarded guy like you." I said, letting my voice echoed around the hallway. I laugh mentally once again. 

...

"Dahyun's here everyone..!" I heard Seungkwan calls out everyone as soon as he saw me stepping inside the field courtyard, a smile uplifts my face as soon as I saw six boys playing basketball which includes JunHui Oppa.

My heart skipped once again, I didn't know what to react or what proper words should I spill out once I'll get to know them. I've seem to space out, watching over JunHui Oppa smiling at me hence, I didn't know that the others were already standing infront of me. 

"She's the frog princess right..?" The small pink haired guy asks, with the said words I didn't know everyone must have known with such an nettling alias just because of the laboratory incident yesterday. "Shhh.. Shut it up Woozi, we may not know if she'll get insulted by it or not. But seeing how her persistence that time, I'm sure she's a fighter or something..?" The tall brown eyed guy who've just spoke the last sentence in english said. 

The latter continues as they scan around my physique, smiling at me. I snap back as I wave my hand, "Hi.. I guess you've already known me during that dilemma yesterday. But I think it's much better if you'll know me by my real name, and not frog princess.. I'm Lee Dahyun, nice to meet you everyone!" I flashed a great smile.

"Told ya, it doesn't sound flattery." The guy who've spoke in english said. "Hi Dahyun..! I'm Joshua."

"Oh, hi Dahyun! You must be mad at me for dragging Seungkwan away yesterday. It's just that I'm used to be partners with him since in the beginning." The much taller guy said, "I'm Dokyeom, by the way. I'm also considered as the Mr. Congeniality here aside from Seungkwan." 

I laugh, nodding in amaze. Seungkwan who was standing beside me, along with Hoshi noticed that the small guy named Woozi was staring at me. "Yah, Woozi-yah.. Amazed with Dahyun's beauty, eh?" Hoshi snickered. 

I got totally worried, do I have some dirt on my face? "N-Nothing.. Is she belongs to one of the Tofu classification? Her cheeks are puffy and she's so fair." 

I choke all of a sudden, the other guys chuckle in unison. "Tofu's my nickname. And- I heard it alot from everyone." I said, Woozi touched my cheeks in amaze. "Woah, I better research more about Tofus."

Eventually, we all laughed on how cute Woozi was. Yet once I glance my look behind them, JunHui Oppa had already came in between Joshua and Dokyeom. The moment I had laid my eyes on him, the more I am pretty sure that he's JunHui Oppa. My best friend. His smile just blown me away, he grew much taller in feet, his eyes shone glimmery, his hair brushed up with sweats evident on his forehead and neck that made him look manlier and hotter than ever. 

He gently damps a towel on his face, now he looks good. Then, he smiles. It's a very nice smile, one that reaches his eyes. I notice he looks so much better when he smiles. I think his smile completely seals the deal about me standing stiff, daydreaming about him. 

"I know you, you're Lee Da-.." Once he snap, smiling at me. He thought for a while. He really doesn't know me? "Dahyun.. Lee Dahyun." I mutter nonchalantly, trying to crook a small smile. "Lee Dahyun, nice to see you again. I just hope you're not taking your time on the rooftop garden again."

He said, I didn't know what to react or whatnot. It's just that I stayed still there, staring at him worriedly. He's still the JunHui Oppa I know, the one who have saved me from a falling jam-packed snow from our house's rooftop. And now things had come to its repeat, I've met him once again when my life was almost in stake at the school's rooftop garden. 

I try to snap my thoughts away, "I.. I'm sorry about that I've almost stole that flower at the rooftop garden. But don't worry I'm not going to do that again." I crook another smile, he shoots me a wide smile even more reaching to ruffle my hair. "Don't worry, I've been planting Cameos for months. I'd love to give you a pot of it before fall comes." 

He mutters, it made me blush for awhile. The other guys were watching over us, not even peeping a single word. They had this cheeky grin on their faces and I find it very awkward to look at, "Oh, Oh! Nice to see all of you here everyone! Now we're complete, I think we can already start the match!" 

Around the corner, we saw Tzuyu and other group of guys coming inside the the courtyard and two of them was that Mingyu and Wonwoo guy. A couple of second of silence right after they showed up. I turn my look at Hoshi, Seungkwan, Joshua, Woozi, Dokyeom and JunHui their cheeky grin vanishes as soon as they saw the group of six men with Tzuyu. 

I could sense a growing tension between these two group of men around me, I didn't much like the aura that lingers around as the silence could even break someone's ear if they wouldn't even peep a single word. Were they enemies or what? 

~ # # # ~

A/N ; alrighteu~ since it's going to be my birthday 2 days from now. so i decided to give an update as my early present to everyone cos i don't know if i could make an update on that day, it's either i'll be celebrating it with my family or friends that i wouldn't be able to stay at home, with my laptop on.

Mansae Academy is my 1st birthday project, i will update my stories as well. hihi~ but here's to everyone. *throws confetti* :) i hope you like it! ;w;

Love, Khai xx