Getting Prepped

Finding the Past Me

That's right, THAT's how I ended up in this mess. Everything after that was relatively chaotic. The woman studied me for a moment before praising Mingyu and grabbing my arm. Before I could protest, she sat me down on a make-up chair and instructed other people to measure me. She flashed me a quick, sympathetic smile before scurrying to the director to explain what happened.

"Miss?" the lady interrupted my negativity, "would you like to keep you contacts in or out? The bright lights may dry them." Polietly I explained once again how they were natural. Making a fuss, she gathered more girls around me. After discussing, they all noded and went their separate ways. "We're going to make your blue eyes the highlight of your look." She winked and turned me away from the mirror. Of course, it'll be a surprise."

"Miss Kyu Min," a voice whined.

"Oh, Woozi, what's wrong?"

I shifted my eyes and was face to face with the cutest boy ever. He was short, but taller than me. His face was flawless and pale. Pink colored his hair gently. He was a cute little baby fairy.

"I look too cute," he complained. "I want to look more manly." Seeing him act like this reminded me of a child complaining about his mom buying the wrong candy. I smiled at the thought.

Kyu Min sighed a tired sigh. "Woozi, we've talked about his. It's your image. Embrace it like a real man." She happily patted him on the back and flashed a smile.

He rolled his eyes, but before they could do the full rotation, they landed on me. I could feel him studying me. I began to shift uncomfortably in my seat, looking anywhere but at him. His face was quite serious for such a cute looking person. 

"So you're the replacement..." his thought hung in the air.

Noticing the strange atmosphere, Kyu Min hurriedly shooed him out. "Get out now. I need to finish her for the shoot. No more complaining, leave." He scowled as he was pushed out. But for just 1 second, that scowl dropped as he made eye contact with me. His look was puzzling, serious yet happy, delighted yet disappointed.

Kyu Min and I chatted ahppily as she continued to style me. I enjoyed her company. She was like an older sister, someone I could confide in and be comfortable with.

"Finally, my masterpiece is done," Kyu Min said with a satisified hum. "Are you ready to see your beautiful self?" Nodding excitedly, I was ready to see the new me. Sure this whole situation was strange, but better to embrace it and enjoy it then reject it and hate it. Plus, what girl doesn't want to put on make-up and feel pretty. "Alright, count of 3, I'll swivel your chair. 1...2...3..."

I was tacken aback. Never had I thought I could look so pretty. I smiled brightly.

"You're going to be changing clothes a lot so I went with a natural refreshing look. Your hair is slightly wav so we can put it up or down if we need to. But man, Lice, I must say, your eyes are the real stars. I'll be right back to grab your first change of clothes." With a beaming smile, she left.

I stared at myself in the mirror. She was right, my eyes appeared  huge. Not scary huge, but cute huge. My hair was still warm as it carressed my cheeks. I felt so calm. 

"Excuse me," a voice intruded my peacefulness. I looked to my right to see the pink fluff standing by me, sheepishly holding out an outfit, but still wearing a straight face. "Kyu Min had to help Seungkwan, so she sent me over with your outfit. Here."

Quietly, I nodded and mumbled a small, "Thank you." I don't know why, but being with him made me quiet, more reserved. Nervous, I don't know why, but I was nervous.

Still standing by me, it looked like he wanted to say something, but was unsure of how to phrase it. He started, "You-Alice-no...nevermind..." He sighed and quickly scurried out of the room.

Slightly relieved that he left, but then feeling bad that I felt relieved, I changed into my first outfit.

Basic yet modern were the first thoughts in my head. I wore a cute, black-and-white stripped long sleeve that seemed to just effortlessly lay on me. On top, I wore a simple pink trench coat and rolled up the sleeves to my elbow so the long sleeves could be seen. I slipped into simple black leggings and put on cute white sneakers.

Walking out of the dressing room, my confidence plummeted and I became self-conscious. Eyes. All of their eyes were on me. I gave sheepish smiles, bowing awkwardly to anyone who I made eye contact with.

"Yah, Alice!" a familiar voice beckoned. Gratefully, I walked towards the voice to find Kyu Min. "Waaaah, you really do clean up nicely. Maybe I'm a genius!" I laughed at her comment, still on edge. "Yah! Don't be so nervous. I just cast magic on you, so you'll be the best Cinderella ever. Just go with the flow and be the best Cinderella. Okay?"

Feeling my smile relax, I nodded happily, much more comfortable. "Okay! I'll do my best." Giving her a peace sign, I turned at the sound of my name being called by a male's voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who do you guys think she's going to have a photo shoot with first????? guess in the comments :)