I Just Wanted to Deliver Pizza

Finding the Past Me

Deliver pizza. That was my job. And yet, here I was, sitting on a chair, being prepped for a photoshoot. How did I come to find my self in this situation?

"Alice, do your mother a favor pleaseeeeee."

Looking up from my textbooks, I stared at my mom curiously. I stopped by our restaurant after school in order to get some studying done along with some pizza for motivation. However, just my luck to come in to find the place swarming with customers. It was even difficult to nab myself a booth. Sighing, I left my materials on the table as I made my way to the kithen, unsurprised to see it bustling with life. I just stood there, waiting for my mom to notice me.

"Oh! You're here! Okay so our usual delivery boy is on break, and we're completly swamped." Oh God. "We just recieved a huge delivery order so...Please deliver these. Address and keys are in the bag. Thanks, love you honey!" Before I could open my mouth to protest, I was outside, pizza bag weighing down my shoulder. I knew it.

Sighing, I lugged the overweight bag and gently placed it on the passenger seat. Slipping into the driver's side, I the ignition, and the car hummed to life. I plugged in the unfamiliar address before I noticed the order, or rather, the amount of food purchased: 5 large pizzas, 3 bottles of sodas, 3 bags of bread sticks, and two lava cakes. Staring in disbelief, I could help but wonder: Where of Earth was I going? Who on Earth would need this much food? Shaking my head, I pulled out of the parking lot. It better not be a party. Those are the worst. 

Well, it wasn't a party, but it also wasn't exactly normal. There were girls camped out in front of the very professional looking building. Comparing the name of the building to the name on the sheet of paper, there was no doubt, this was the right place. 

Hesitantly, I got out of the car, lugging the bag of food over my shoulder. Walking past the confused and suspicios faces, I exchanged a few words with the guards, showed them the receipt, and entered the building.

Keeping my head down, I stared at the directions the guard gave me. Up, left, right, and into Studio 217. Seeing where I was made me freeze out of shock. People were moving, running everywhere. Busy. Talking. Giving Directions. It was overwhelming. Thinking back at the restaurant and comparing it to this, the restaurant was merely child's play.

"You must be the pizza delivery girl," a voice brought me back to reality. "Come with me, and I'll pay you." Still in a relative daze, I followed her, invisible to all the others.

We exchanged a few casual sentences as she produced the money from a small wallet, but berfore she could hand it to me, a voice boomed, "WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE CAN'T MAKE IT?!"

"Oh crap," she mumbled, quickly stuffing the money back in the wallet. "Go walk towards that pillar over there, and there'll be a door labeled 'Waiting Room.' Go drop the food off there. Just wait in there and I'll pay you. Thanks and sorry." Before I could say anything, I was alone.

Sighing yet again, I made my way towards the pillar. What a pain. But hey, maybe I'll get a good tip. I smiled to myself as I opened the door. I was greeeted by five equally surprised faces.

"Hello," I politely greeted, "I have your pizza delivery." I motioned towards the bulky bag.

"Oh, I see," one of them finally broke the silence. "Thank you. I'll help you." He took the bag from me and helped me lay all the food out on an empty table. He was cute, with relatively large puppy dog eyes. Once again, the uncomfortable silence took over as we placed the food. I could feel the four extra pair of eyes watching me, scanning me. 

"Are your eyes real?!" one of them asked with a little too much enthusiasm.

"Seungkwan!" the boy by me scolded. "I'm sorry about him. He's very excited and hyper. Please don't mind him. He's a good kid. It's just that-"

I laughed a bit. "It's okay, i get that question a lot." I gave them a small, reassuring smile.

"See Seungcheol. She's used to it." Seungkwan said with a know-it-all smirk. Turning back to me, he smiled. "It's very pretty. Does tha tmean you're mixed?"

Seungcheol gawked at the question, but kept silent as I calmly replied, "Yes, I am 75% Korean and 25% white."

"And I thought you dyed your hair," another boy commented as he grabbed my black hair gently. "So everything about you is natural?"

"Mingyu!" Seungcheol stressed.

I tried to soothe his anger with a cooling laugh. "All natural, all me," I said smiling sweetly. Originally, I was going to quietly leave, but curiousity got the better of me. "Are you guys models or something?" The room was quiet as all 5 eyes stared at me, even those two who remained quiet on the couch spared a glance. "Sorry, I don't mean to pry. It's just that that was the vibe I was getting from this place."

"You mean you don't know who we are?" Seungkwan asked with an astonished look on his face.

"Should I?" I asked innocently.

"Well, I mean, not to brag, but lots of people know us here."

"Here as in Korea here?"

"Where else?"

"Ahhhhhh, that makes more sense," I said quietly, laughing a little to myself. "I arrived not to long ago from America in order to study, so regarding Korean culture and entertainment, I am quite lacking. I'm sorry."

"So you're fluent in English?" Mingyu asked curiously, still wearing a flirtatious smirk.

"English, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese," i responded proudly.

"Wow that's amazing," Seungcheol commented. "Minghao, Joshua, come here." Seungcheol beckoned the two on the couch. Quietly, they got up and stood on either side of Seuncheol. "Introduce yourselves in your native tongues."

Joshua, smiling cooly, introduced himself in English, "Hello, I'm Joshua. I'm originally from LA."

Excited, I happily responded, "Hello. Nice to meet you Joshua, I'm Alice. I'm from Orange County."

"Oh nice. How far is that from LA?"

"Not too bad, but it usually depends on traffic. LA traffic ."

"Ha ha, I know, right? So what brings you to South Korea, Alice?"

"My mom started a restaurant here a year ago. I decided to attend college here and help out at the retaurant."

"Oh, I see."

After conversing calmly, I looked over at the other boy named Minghao. I smiled and gently introduced myself in Chinese, "Hello, I'm Alice."

Replying in Chinese, he comfortably said, "Hello, I'm Minghao. Nice to meet you."

Before I could respond, the woman who I conversed with earlier came storming into the room. Sighing, she explained to the boys, "Our original model for the shoot canceled. Her flight got backed up, so she can't make it. If there are no replacements, we may have to cancel this shoot."

"WHAT?!" they all questioned in unison.

"Have you told the others yet?" Seungcheol asked with wide eyes.

"They're all scattered still getting their make-up and outfits on. I was going to round all of you up and tell you at the same time if we don't find a replacement."

"The fans were looking so forward to this special though," Seungkwan whined.

Quietly, I waited in the back, debating on when it would be a good time to slip out and wait elsewhere.

"Wait," Mingyu said light-heartedly, "I have an idea." Slowly, he turned around. Then, everyone else followed. Finally, all eyes were on me. I stared at Mingyu with wide eyes, but he only smirked.