The Voice

Finding the Past Me

new, short chapter. will update soon this week with a longer one, promise <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're very impressive Alice, "Kyu Min complimented as she gave me a friendly pat on the back. "I overheard your conversation with the boys. So you tried acting? Why didn't you continue? You appear to have talent."

I felt my smile falter slightly. Quickly I resumed my mask. Kyu Min didn't appear to notice the falter, which I was grateful for. Looking down at my folded hands, I quietly explained myself, "It just wasn't a great fit at the time. My mom pulled me out primarily because we were moving to America, so we couldn't really commit to anything at the time."

"Oh, I see, that makes sense. Well, welcome back!" she happily said. "Hopefully your stay will be indefinite." All I could do was give a short, bitter laugh.

Technically, I'm not lying.

"Alright, go change into this and then I'll adjust your hair and make-up." She directed me to a small space enclosed by two curtains loosly hagning and two walls joining together to form a corner.

Slightly paranoid that the shifty curtains will fall, I quickly slipped out of my trench coat and t-shirt, placing them on a nearby table. My heartbeat was accelerating as I quickly grabbed the dress. Dress in hand, I was about to slip it on when I froze.

"Alice..." an unfamiliar yet nostalgic male voice called out.

Feeling vulnerable, I backed into the corner still grasping the dress.

"Do you really not remember me?" he continued. "Remember anything? It's been so long." Trying to be quiet, I slipped into my dress which gave my some form of confidence. Now I was just staring at the curtains, the only thing separating me from this stranger. "You know, I heard you talking to Kyu Min earlier. About your past." I froze. Holding my breath, all I could was just stare and listen. "It's probably better that you don't remember what happened back then, what caused you to move, what caused you to regret."

For an eternity, there was silence. Slowly, I made my way towards the curtains, terrifyingly curious as to who was talking, as to who knew my past. Curious as to who knew more about me than me. Maybe he'd be able to shine light on my darkened past.

"I'm sorry," his voice choked out. Hearing the cracked in his voice struck something deep within me. Whatever this feeling was gave me the push, the adrenaline, to open the curtains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

new mystery chapter up. hopefully you enjoy it. will update again soon this week :) please leave comments so that I can better myself as a writer. thank youuuuuu <3