CHAPTER 9

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9:

Mina felt like she was in heaven waking into Mark’s arms.

It was like a routine. Waking up into his arms, eating breakfast, going to work and then return back home and wait for him. At first it was exciting but now it was like a duty. Nothing changed. She would return home, eat alone, watch TV or go for a walk with the girls. Even their kisses didn’t have the same feeling anymore.

Mina stood up to get ready for work, it was Monday after all. She woke Mark up too. They greeted each other good morning as usual and then headed to the kitchen to eat their breakfast. After dressing up they left the house. Mina took her car and Mark took his. He couldn’t take her at work today, because he had to leave for a meeting in another company and it was in another direction. Lately they were using their own cars. It became a habit and Mina found it more logical than making Jihye take her home every time.

After kissing goodbye one last time, they left for their works.

 Mina sighed. Things were back together or so she thought, but for now everything was fine.

Mark doesn’t want to get married so what? They live together he is hers and she is his so nothing to worry about. Well for now she was fine. She had him telling her that he loves her and she felt special because he made her feel this way. Nonetheless she was happy as things were at the moment and she didn’t want to ask for anything more than that.

She parked in front of the school and got out. She greeted a few of her students and walked in the building with great gracefulness. She is 28 and still gorgeous! Just then she saw a familiar face coming out of the main door of the building. At first she couldn’t make out who it was but she was sure that she knew him from somewhere, after the guy coming near her she recognized him immediately. It was the guy from the coffee shop and he looked good.

Please tell me he came for a delivery; please don’t make him one of my students here. Please!!! Mina prayed in her little mind with a begging voice.

He was about to bump into her if Mina didn’t step on the side in time.

He then stopped, turned around to apologize.

“I-I’m sorry” He said while bowing.

“It-it’s okay.” Mina answered right away.

He then looked up and froze, the same happened with Mina out of reflex.

They looked at each other.

“It’s you.” He said with the most attractive smile he could master.

Mina automatically smiled back out of politeness.

“Hey how are you doing?” She asked like nothing was wrong.

“I came for a delivery.” He showed the building. “Are you working here?” He asked curious of why Mina was at school.

“Actually, yes I’m teaching here.” She said.

“Really? That’s impressive. I knew it from the first time that you were special and I was right.” He said feeling proud of himself. Mina blushed not because she felt flattered, but because he said good things and she felt embarrassed, it wasn’t like she was saving a nation? She was teaching in a school.

“Oh don’t please!” Mina tried to stop him, but he continued anyway.

“So since we met coincidentally that must mean that is fate, right? So how about a drink tonight it’s on me.” He offered with a serious face.

Mina smiled politely at him. “I’m sorry, but I’m taken and I don’t think that my boyfriend is going to feel happy if I go out with another guy that he doesn’t know. I hope you understand.” Mina tried to explain as good as possible, the least she needed right now was a guy yelling at her and making a scene.

He then laughed. “Well how about we go out as friends. I mean I like your personality and it would be great to get to know you.” He tried this time his hand on his neck rubbing it awkwardly.

Mina did try to keep her calm.

“It’s still a no. I’m sorry.” Mina said softly. “It’s just weird going out with someone I don’t even know and on top of that on a weekday. I’m sorry even if I didn’t have a boyfriend I would still say no, because tomorrow like today I’m working so I have to go.” Mina took a step forward to the school and Taehyun did the same.

She sighed.

He extended his hand. “I’m Taehyun.” He said softly.

“And I’m taken sorry.” Mina said and walked to the door more like half run to the door.

He didn’t follow her! Good.

She walked in greeted a few of her students again and with flushed cheeks walked into the Teachers office. She greeted all of them politely and sat down in her desk.

A huff left . “What’s wrong?” A male voice was heard from behind that belonged to no other than Jongin.

Mina looked irritated. “Well I met someone I don’t like and held a conversation with him which I didn’t like either and now I’m irritated.” Mina said honestly. Ever since Mark’s first trip to Paris, the two of them came really close.

“Are you okay?” He asked once again.

“Well yeah now I am, I think.” She answered unsure.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked once more.

Mina shook her head.

“If you change your mind you know where to find me.” He then walked away, because the bell rang. Mina grabbed her stuff and went to her first class.

Mark’s Pov:

Mark was the same. He parked in front of the company they were having the meeting. He took a big breath and then walked out of his car. He was going to show them the new Samsung model and he wanted them as sponsors. He took another deep breath and walked in the building. He went to the reception to take his pass card and they escorted him to the meeting room. Everyone was there. The company’s CEO, his secretary who was dressed a bit unprofessional for Mark’s liking and any other’s male sitting in the room, but he didn’t care. He greeted them professionally with a strong handshake and took his sit because it was time for the meeting.

The whole time of the meeting the secretary of the electronics company was eyeing him up and down. He really felt uncomfortable. He didn’t want to show it especially when it was his presentation. He just didn’t spare her a second glance.

After the meeting Mark stayed behind to discuss a few last things with the CEO and he was left alone to grab his things and leave. Just then the secretary walked in again. Mark didn’t even spare her a second glance; he didn’t have time to lose on her or anybody right now he needed to return to his company.

“You did very well Mr. Tuan.” She commented softly while touching his arm.

Mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter