CHAPTER 15

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15:

 

Mina woke up next to a snoring Mark. She had slept less than 2 hours thanks to him, but she didn’t mind one bit. She turned around and hugged him not caring if she woke him up or not at 5 o’clock in the morning. She just loved the feeling of having him next to her. He groaned a bit, but hugged her back.

“Good morning.” He greeted sleepy with his y morning voice.

“Good morning.” She greeted back, while kissing his arms softly.

He opened one eye and then the other only to see Mina looking back at him. “You need to get up or you’ll miss the flight.” He whispered.

Mina made a face of annoyance.

“No! I don’t want to leave.” She said.

Mark smiled.

“I don’t want you to leave either but babe it’s your work and you like it or not you made a decision and you need to stick to it.” Mark scolded her like she was a kid.

Mina groaned while saying a soft fine before standing up wearing Mark’s T-shirt that was above her knees and looking messy, ily messy.

Mark smirked. Mina didn’t like that.

“What?” She asked annoyed.

“Nothing.” He smiled, more like smirked even harder.

Mina said a small whatever, before walking into her bathroom, soon Mark followed and a surprise yelp could be heard from the bathroom.

1 hour later, fully dressed and cleaned Mina had her luggage on her hand ready to leave, but Mark was nowhere to be seen.

“Mark hurry up.” She yelled. “I’ll miss my flight come on. If you are trying to slow me do-

Mark appeared with a sly smile.

“No babe I was looking for something and I’ve found it, that’s why I was late, sorry.” He said doing a puppy face that Mina was weak against.

 “If you are all set, then let’s go.” Mina turned around grabbing the handle of the door but Mark had grabbed her other hand and turned her around while looking at her.

“Is everything all right?” She asked concerned.

Mark looked stressed, but opened his mouth before Mina could say anything.

“Mina, I wanted to give you this before you go.” He took the small ring from his back pocket and bent down.

She gasped. This man was full of surprises after all.

“Kim Mina the love of my life.” He stared at the ring and then at her eyes with confidence. “I know that we started with different hopes and dreams and even though you were so much different than me and I was so much different than you, you chose me over any other guy and I’m grateful for that.” He smiled like he remembered something funny. “I also know that I wasn’t the greatest boyfriend, but I swear to the love I have for you that I’ll protect you and love you for as long as this body of mine can take. I know that we will have our up and down maybe fight but I also know that we will get together and make up, so will you marry me?” He finally asked with hopeful eyes.

Mina cried. She bent down hugged him and whispered small yes, yes, yes. They kissed again this time their kiss was a mix of their happiness and their tears.

He took her hand and slide the ring to her finger ring it was a beautiful diamond ring that fitted her perfectly.

He hugged her once more.

“Why it took you so long idiot?” She asked while she was on his embrace.

“I have nothing to say in order to defend myself, I am just terrible.” He smiled.

“What are you smiling at huh?” She teased.

He didn’t answer, he just grabbed her hand and scooped her up, and with his right hand he grabbed her luggage and left the apartment locking it in the process.

He put the luggage into the trunk of his car and went to the driver’s seat. In the whole drive on the airport they stole glances at each other like high school kids in love. They were thinking of different things they were both happy for being back together, but sad at the fact that they were going to be apart for so long.

 In no time she was in the airport.

She left the car with a sigh, but she tried to be strong and calm. It was her first time on a plane and she was a bit scared but she didn’t care it was too late to back down now. With her luggage on her right hand she walked into the airport ready to go through all the checks that were required, before boarding the plane.

Mark together with Got7 and Jihye was waiting for her to say farewell and wish her luck. She turned around giving each and every one of them small hugs and promises that she will take care of herself and that she would be fine. She stopped in Jihye for a little longer, now both of them being a crying mess, Mina was telling her to stay healthy and of course call her as much as possible to hear about how her pregnancy was going. Last but not least was Mark waiting patiently. He hugged her closely to his body, promising her things in the meantime and he gave her a small kiss. Soon they announced her departure; she waved one last time, before boarding on the plane.

OCTOBER

At first Mina was lost. It was so beautiful and different from Seoul. People were different with lighter hair colors than the one she was used in Seoul, even their manners were different.

The school she was teaching was bigger and the students were nothing compared to her Korean students. These seemed more free and acted more like their age than the Korean ones. She enjoyed their lessons together they were obedient and they learned fast.

She was happy with her schedule. She started at 8:00 and finished at 15:00 sharp every day. She had time to roam the roads and learn about the city she was leaving in.

She skyped Mark every day at 16:00 in the evening and they talked for 2 hours every day talking about their day and how their life was, she skyped with Jihye a lot too. She missed them terribly, but she knew that she would be back to them in no time.

She also had to arrange her marriage with Mark. She had decided to pick a wedding dress from here and maybe visit them to arrange the things she had left into Mark’s hands and she trusted him that he wasn’t going to pick anything weird like Ramyun instead of an actual cake for the wedding cake. She trusted him with Jihye.

 

NOVEMBER

Mark was feeling empty. He missed Mina terribly and he wished she was with him especially now that he was sick. It was in the middle of November and he had catched a cold without him knowing, maybe he had overstressed himself, he didn’t know all he knew was that he missed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter