CHAPTER 1

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 1:


“Hey sleepy head… breakfast is ready and if you don’t wake up, you are going to be late for work.” Mark still half sleeping heard Mina’s voice from somewhere next to him.

He knew he had to wake up, otherwise he was going to be late for work and he didn’t want to. Nobody wants to be late for work.

After finishing university Mark instead of becoming a Math teacher like he originally planned, he started working in Samsung Company that was pretty known in Korea. The opportunity showed up unexpectedly one day just like that and Mark wasn’t stupid enough to throw it away so he took the position that was offered to him feeling more than glad and lucky than anyone else.

 The company he was working at was paying well and on top of that he worked just enough to have some time for his girlfriend and his friends. He liked his job, but the rules there were pretty strict. For starters he wasn’t allowed to date anyone working on the company; otherwise he was going to be fired. Secondly, if he was late for work he would have a penalty and he knew that the CEO of the company could be a pain in the if he wanted. The rules could go on and on, but those two out of the 10 rules were the most important.

Mark’s mouth left a groan.

“Good morning Markie Pooh” Even after all these years the pet name stayed and never left Mina’s mouth.

Mark smiled and turned around with half open eyes.

“Good morning babe.” Mark’s morning voice greeted Mina with his morning breath too.

“EW, Mark go wash first.” Mina made a cute expression that Mark totally loved.

“Why are you so cute first thing in the morning?” He said brushing her earlier comment away, while grabbing her and bringing her toward his side to rain her with kisses all over her face, only to stop for a few seconds to stare at her and then give her a really gentle kiss on the lips.

The broke away from the kiss, only to look at each other lovingly.

 Even after all these years of being together they loved each other so much, like they started dating yesterday. With only a glance they knew what the other person felt or wanted they didn’t need to talk most of the times they just had to look at each other and boom whatever they wanted to say was said with just a glance.

After staring enough at her, Mina decided to talk.

“Okay big guy, out of the bed to get ready.” She said as strictly as she could. Mark made a cute expression this time, probably trying to say NO, but failed terribly. After seeing that Mina wasn’t going to back off any time soon he groaned.

“Ugh… fine, only because you asked me to.” He said before walking out of the bed and toward the bathroom.

Mina smiled.

She didn’t know why she was still together with Mark, maybe it was because of the way he looked at her when she was mad about something he did or maybe it was because he was so hopeless without her, but when Mark walked out of the bathroom with dump hair, Mina knew right away the answer.

It was because she loved him enough to brush his wet hair with the towel even though she knew that it wasn’t her job to do in the first place.

After both of them getting ready they sat down on the kitchen to eat the breakfast that Mina prepared.

 Nothing special, just some toasts and coffee.

“So around what time are you getting off from work?” Mina asked while cutting her toast.

“Mmm… let’s see.” Mark stopped to bring out his phone and see his schedule. After reading it he talked again with a half eaten toast on his hand. “Well I do have a mini meeting with some important people and that is going to take a while for sure…” Mina pouted at that. Another day she would have to eat dinner alone. “But…” Mark continued. “It’s in the morning so I guess if I’m quick enough I’ll get over on time from work, so wait for me for dinner.” He smiled sweetly.

Mina liked that. “Okay, I will.”

She put the dishes away and left the kitchen she was going to return from school later and do them.

They both walked toward Mark’s car. He took her to the school and she returned with either the bus or Jihye since she teaches as a math teacher in a nearby school and they happened to live close.

“Okay I’ll call after getting off from work ok?” Mark said while looking at her sweetly.

“Okay, I’ll be waiting, but don’t break your promise because you will regret it.” She said while pointing at him.

Mark brushed that off and leaned over to kiss her. They broke away from the kiss and they looked each other on their eyes.

“I’ll miss you.” Mark whispered.

“Mmm… I’ll miss you too.” Mina whispered back.

She got off Mark’s car and walked inside the school, bowing to a few students on her way to her office.

She teached in a high school. She wanted to teach to an elementary school but she decided against it, because it was going to be really hard for her to keep up with all the kids. It’s not like in high school things are any better, but she liked it a lot more that way. She could communicate a lot more with the kids and she liked that.

She walked into the teacher’s room and put her stuff into her desk. She greeted a few of the teachers that were already there ready to start their classes.

“Here is your coffee.” A hand next to her placed a mug with fresh coffee in it. She turned around, only to be greeted by no other than Jongin the biology teacher.

“Oh that is very kind of you Mr. Kim thank you.” Mina said while giving him a small bow.

He sighed.

“How many times do I have to tell you to call me Jongin and not Mr. Kim?” He said like he was scolding one of his students.

Mina gave him a sheepish smile. “Well, you are older than me and I’m new, so I guess I’ll continue to call you like that. I feel more comfortable that way.” She smiled again.

“Well if that’s the case then okay, but I’ll give you a month till you stop calling me that.” He said smiling.

Mina was about to answer him, but the bell ringed signaling them that it was time for lessons to get started. She quickly grabbed her stuff, bowed at Jongin and walked out of the teacher’s room to her first class B4. She walked in, to find her students sited on their sits as usual. They weren’t that quiet, but she loved their voices first thing in the morning; it would be great to have kids one day that was what Mina thought before she started her lesson.

“Good morning class.” She smiled brightly.

A few sleepy “mornings” could be heard from here and there.

“Ok last week we saw some methods about past voice, how about we do some exercises on them today?” She then started the lesson like that.

Mark’s Pov:

He still remembered the times he worked as the delivery boy and he was grateful for the few hours he worked. After getting this job he didn’t see Mina as much as he wanted and as for his friends he didn’t see them at all anymore.

Even though when he first started working for Samsung he had enough time for them, now it seemed like he didn’t have time for himself. At first he could meet with his friends, but now the only day they met was Friday and that was only because Jackson threatened him that he would come to his work, if they didn’t meet at least once a week.

He really missed his university years when he didn’t have to worry for nothing else except money, his dinner and of course his dates with Mina.

Now… things were different.

Even though the company paid him well and his bosses weren’t that bad, still his work schedule was really tight. He had only an hour break and he worked from 8:00 in the morning till 5:00 in the evening and sometimes he would have to work overtime because of the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter