CHAPTER 7

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7:

Mina’s Pov:

Jihye’s wedding was still on Mina’s mind. More like the idea of marriage was in her mind. Two weeks past ever since Jihye and Jackson got married. Mina was really happy for them, but still when she saw Jihye walking down the hall with the red petals, with her wedding dress and Jackson standing on the aisle waiting for her, she couldn’t hide the fact that she was imagining herself walking down that path at that moment and Mark waiting for her.

It was sad that even after the wedding he still didn’t seem to care about asking her or considering even the idea of marrying her.

What was he afraid of?

They were already living together; they were dating for a pretty long time too. So what difference was the wedding going to make?

That’s why Mina called Sunmi first thing in a Saturday morning, to ask her, her opinion to the matter. And that’s why she took her car and was parking in front of the small coffee shop downtown.

Even though they didn’t know each other for a long time, they got close because they liked each other’s company in such a short period of time. Sunmi asked Mina’s opinion in almost everything. Mina to Sunmi was like an antidote from her job. Seeing so many clients and having to run errands all the time hanging out with Mina gave her strength.

She walked in. Sunmi hadn’t arrived yet so she decided to sit near the window. It was a sunny day and since they weren’t outside she wanted to at least enjoy the weather from inside.

In less than a couple of minutes Sunmi came with flushed cheeks.

“Sorry I’m late.” She said with a pouty expression. “Sehun’s fault.” She added quickly.

Mina smiled at that. Sunmi blushed.

“Nothing like that silly!” She added quickly. “He left his phone back home and we had to return to retrieve it that’s all geez.” She said hiding her face.

Mina laughed. Sunmi was indeed cute.

A waiter soon came to take their orders.

He was a really attractive young tall male with charismatic voice.

His name was Taehyun as his label said. (He is from the Winner)

He was literally checking Mina out, she didn’t realize neither did she bother with him. As soon as he got their orders he left but not without smiling at Mina one last time.

“He was literally checking you out.” Said Sunmi.

“He did not. He was probably checking you out.” Mina said with flushed cheeks.

Mina shook her head. “No. He was eating you with his eyes. Even when I ordered my drink he didn’t spare me a second glance while to you was smiling and talking and I bet he will ask you out when we will be paying.” She said with a confidence.

Mina thought about it. She may be or may not be right.

Not wanting to push the matter any further she spoke with what mattered to her right now.

“Well I don’t really care, I’m taken anyway.” Mina said brushing the matter off.

Sunmi on the other hand didn’t seem like to leave it alone.

“Let’s make a bet that he is going to ask you out.” She said confident.

Mina sighed.

“Ok fine.” She said harsher than intended.

Sunmi heard her tone and she frowned.

“Hey is something wrong? If it’s because of what I said about the guy I’m sorry ok? We can forget the bet too, it was stupid anyway.” Sunmi tried to apologize.

Mina sighed, her mood turning upside down.

“It’s not that.” She said. “Lately me and Ma—

“Your drinks my ladies.” Taehyun said while sliding the coffees with confidence and smiling a bit more at Mina’s side.

“Enjoy. If you need anything you can call me and I’ll be here in no time.” He smiled again at Mina and left giving a message like please call me back.

Mina didn’t bother to spare him another glance and Sunmi enjoyed the whole scene.

“As I was saying.” Mina started once Taehyun left. “Me and Mark are fighting a bit. Well it’s not exactly a fight more like a cold war.” Mina said sounding sad.

“Why is that?”Sunmi asked.

“It all started with marriage.” Mina said slowly. “He seems like he doesn’t want to get married to me, like he doesn’t like the idea of marriage at all.”

“Well maybe he thinks it’s too soon.” Sunmi said trying to find any logic.

“I don’t think it’s that.” Mina said again. “We haven’t talk openly about the matter but if you had asked him 10 years ago he would have asked me to marry him without a second thought he had even given me a promise ring that I wear even today. I’ve given so many hints and he either doesn’t get them or he doesn’t acknowledge them.” She said sounding sad.

Sunmi was quiet thinking about all that.

“Well Mina he is busy don’t forget that. He is working in a company he never thought he would in the past. I know it’s hard and it is even harder after seeing your best friend getting married to his best friend but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you. I bet Mark is thinking about it, but right now what matters to him the most is his job and you of course, but maybe he is getting a bit carried away with his work.” She said with full sincerity.

Mina was quiet after that. She took a few ships from her coffee and stared out of the window, thinking what Sunmi said.

Maybe she was right, but still…

The silence was broken from Sunmi herself.

“I know it’s totally bad timing and I really hate myself for saying it now. Especially now, but I can’t help it.” Sunmi sounded happy, like really happy.

Mina turned toward her, her attention fully on Sunmi.

“Me and Sehun are getting married!!” She said showing her finger sounding excited.

Mina was frozen for a couple of seconds but soon stood up with a big smile and hugged Sunmi.

“I’m so happy for you.” Mina said with a big smile. She did feel a pang of jealousy but she was more happy than jealous.

“When did he ask you?” Mina asked excited. “I want details.”

Sunmi looked at her with the guilty expression.

“Come on girl. Don’t feel guilty because of what I said earlier. This is your life and I’m happy trust me I am, so give me details.” Mina said so she could reassure her friend.

Sunmi tried to relax.

“He asked me yesterday.” She said calmly. “I returned home after a tiring day at work and Sehun had cooked for me. At first I found it weird but soon brushed off the feeling because he had done that before without a reason so why should I get suspicious now?” Sunmi said and Mina nodded her head. “After sitting down and ate what he had cooked I turned my attention elsewhere for a while and before I knew it he was kneeling in front of me asking me to be his wife. I was really touched, I even cried.” Sunmi said totally excited.

Mina squea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter