CHAPTER 6

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6:

 MARCH:

The day of the wedding was coming nearer and nearer.

Jihye was happy she was able to finish all of her wedding’s details on time. She still had things to do though, but they weren’t the important ones so she didn’t rush that much.

She was nervous, but that was it.

Mina on the other hand was prohibited from Mark to overstress herself with Jihye’s wedding so she helped as little as possible. After seeing her that sick he was worried for her and a bit mad but mostly angry with himself, because he couldn’t be there for her and help her, he felt bad and guilty and he couldn’t forgive himself over the fact that Mina got sick while he was away.

So now he didn’t let her overstress herself over Jackson’s wedding. He let her help out but not to the exceed of coming back home at midnight totally tired.

 

 

 

APRIL:

Mark left for another business trip.

Mina didn’t like it one bit. This time it was a three day trip to New York. It was the second day of his absence and she missed him terribly.

Well she liked it or not she had to get used to it. After Mark’s first successful deal his CEO made him go to all of the business trips that required his help and being the Director of the economy department sure he was a really important person to the company.

Another thing that bothered Mina was marriage. While she was helping Jihye with her wedding and especially when they were choosing the dress she realized that Mark hadn’t seemed to care about marriage yet. And by his attitude she could see that he wasn’t going to ask her anytime soon.

They were dating for 9 years already, they were even living together for the past two and a half years and he still didn’t consider even for once of asking her. She didn’t mind before. After finishing university the only thing that mattered to her was to find a job and she did. Soon Mark asked her to move in with him. He didn’t hesitate. They were already living with each even while in university, after becoming a couple they were at each other’s apartment almost every day. So when he asked her, she didn’t hesitate, she just moved in with him not regretting it one bit.

Even though he said he loved her and missed her, why didn't he ask her to his wife? They were getting older. She was already 27 to 28 year old. Most of her university friends were already married and with children and Jihye was getting married in a month and soon they were going to have their own family.

Mina was happy sure, but why didn’t Mark ask her?

She never made her thoughts known, but she did give hints that he never responded to.

 

MAY:

The day of the wedding was today!!

Jihye was nervous. Mina still remembered Jihye’s yesterday’s phone call in the middle of the night, sounding totally nervous.

“Hey Mina are you sleeping?” She asked in a low voice.

Mina blinked a couple of times and turned to the side to see the clock 1:45 it read.

“Well yeah I was. Why is something wrong?” Mina sounded sleepy.

“Well.” Jihye started hesitating at first. “I’m having second thoughts.” She said fast.

Mina opened her eyes wide.

“WHAT?” She asked.

From next to her a groan was heard and a sleepy voice followed.

“Is something wrong?” Mark’s voice could be heard.

Mina totally ignored Jihye’s ‘Say something’ and went closer to Mark.

“No love, everything is fine, go back to sleep.” She said as calmly as she could and when she heard small snores coming from his mouth, she quickly got off the bed and headed to the bathroom so she couldn’t wake Mark up.

They were staying at one of Jeju’s hotels for the wedding and the only separate room was the bathroom.

“Ok Jihye tell me one more time what you said.” Mina said calmly.

She heard some muffled sobs.

“I-I’m ha-having seconds th-thoughts.” She could hear Jihye trying to calm her sobs and talk properly, doing a better job than she thought she could.

“First of all calm down.” She sat down to the toilet. “Take a deep breath, come on Jihye you can do it. Inhale- exhale.” Mina paused to see if she was listening to her.

Soon she could hear Jihye exhaling with some trebling but she could hear that she was getting better and better.

“That’s my girl.” Mina commented.

Jihye sighed.

“Look I know it’s selfish, but I woke up next to Jackson a while ago and I got scared that I’m going to live the rest of my life with someone and I might be or might not be ready.” Jihye confessed now calm and collected.

Mina sighed. Was she crazy? Mina wanted more than anyone to get married to Mark and that idiot doesn’t do anything for that to happen and on top of that Jihye was getting what Mina wanted and she was having second thoughts?

“Jihye are you stupid?” Mina sounded harsher than she intended. She took a big breath and continued. “Look, its ok to have second thoughts. I mean it’s totally normal to think if he is the one. But if I can guarantee one thing to you that would be that this man is the one for you. Actually he is the only one for you. Do you want me to remind you he was the reason why that stupid guy apologized to you on your first day at university? Or the other time you broke up because of something silly and he spelled SORRY with roses on the floor. Or the fact that he loves you. He loves you.” She repeated now slowly pronouncing everything like she was talking to a small kid.

By the end of the speech she felt happier.

Jihye was quiet. Soon she took a big breath and spoke.

“I think you are right. What am I even hesitating for? That man is perfect for me. I can’t imagine waking up without his face next to mine or his wide smile first thing in the morning and of course let’s not forget his loud self. I love th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter