CHAPTER 17

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17: FINAL CHAPTER
 

3 months passed (July) in a totally bliss. Mina was feeling happy and full. She for the first time felt really proud to show her ring and say to everyone that she was officially Mrs. Tuan.

Mark agreed to that. Whenever Mina visited him he proudly said that she was his wife and he felt totally happy about it. He loved how it sounded Mrs. Tuan and then showing Mina. He couldn’t picture anyone else except for her having his last name. If he knew that marriage was going to bring them this much happiness to both Mina and him then he would have asked her sooner than this. He was happy that he at least asked her now and they were happy together.

He was so happy returning home to a really excited Mina talking about her day in school and him recharging his batteries after a long tiring day at work, just by seeing her face. He looked forward to return home every day. Mina was really happy to know that she was returning to a home were a husband that loved her waited for her and embraced her tiredness away every time with just one smile.

They really suited each other perfectly.

 

One day Mina’s phone buzzed her phone’s ringing followed.

“Hello.” She answered lazily while putting the cookies on the oven that she was preparing for the past 1 and a half hour. They were chocolate cookies exactly Mark’s favorite and she wanted to surprise him by making them for him, he had been craving it for them like crazy and Mina was kind enough to make them.

“Hello sunshine.” Jihye’s happy voice greeted her.

Mina felt excited too. “Hello beautiful mother.” She greeted back.

“The guys are--- A baby crying for somewhere in the back interrupted Jihye.

Little Jino started crying maybe because he was hungry or something else, well no one could blame him, he was only 2 months old and he was totally adorable. Jackson was totally freaked out when Jihye gave birth, he passed out twice and as soon as he held his son he forgot everything and for the first time he couldn’t stop crying.

Jihye on the other hand was more than tired after giving birth. She was shouting at Jackson that he was not going to see another child and he should better keep his --- in his pants because she was going to make sure that he will not see one more day in the land that we call earth. The next day of labor she was calmer but she still said that it was way more painful than she expected, but looking at her son everyday was totally worth it.

Jihye pulled out Mina of her thoughts after calming her little angel down.

“As I was saying” She started again. “Jinyoung, Jaebum, Jackson and the rest want to have a barbeque this Saturday and we were wandering if you were coming.” Jihye said.

“Give me a sec.” Mina asked Jihye and went to grab her agenda. She scanned the day and saw that Saturday was empty. “We have time, so I guess we will come.” Mina said.

“Perfect, bring a lot of meat.” Jihye said in a hurry. “I have to go Jino is hungry see you soon.” She said before hanging up.

Well mothers no one could blame them.

Mina smiled at that, she really wanted to start a family with Mark soon. Mark was eager to have kids too. A couple of weeks ago Mark walked in the house after grocery shopping, without buying condoms, when Mina didn’t hear the usual phrase was more than happy, she even hugged him and rained him with kisses. Who would have thought that 6 months away was going to bring them so much happiness, if she had known better she would have gone to Manchester a lot sooner, but she was not that crazy about it.

She was back with Mark and she was happy.

She went to the kitchen to see the cookies and then grabbed her phone to call Mark.

After the third Bip the phone was answered.

“Hey babe!” A hoarse voice greeted her.

“Hey you!” Mina greeted back with a wide smile.

“I called because the guys are gathering at Jackson’s and Jihye’s house for barbeque and she wanted us to go.” Mina said softly.

Mark didn’t answer right away, maybe he was occupied, Mina thought.

“Well yeah I don’t have anything on this Saturday so I guess we can go.” Mark said energized.

Mina liked that.

“Perfect.” She cheered. “Can you bring meat and beer on your way home? It’s for Saturday.” She said happily.

“Anything for my babe.” Mark said softly.

Mina blushed to that. After the wedding everything was like they were when they first started dating she was blushing at his every sweet talking and she felt her heart exploding at his every kiss. Everything had a new feeling that Mina totally loved.

“Hey baby, I got to go, but I’ll be home on time ok?” Mark said a bit rushed.

“Ok, bye. Love you.” She said softly almost a bit embarrassed.

Mark heard her and waited a bit without answering.

“Mark?” Mina asked confused. “Are you still here?” She asked again.

Silence

“Ma--

“Say it again.” He cut her off.

Mina stopped for a second and then realized what Mark said.

“I love you.” She said more embarrassed than before totally blushing.

Mina could hear Mark chuckling from the other side.

“I love, love, love, you.” Mark said shouting a bit.

“Shh” Mina scolded him blushing harder.

Mark laughed.

After calming down he spoke again.

“Babe I really have to go ok?” Mark said.

“Ok see you soon.” Mina said and hung up the phone.

“I can’t believe this guy.” She said to herself and went to grab some new books she bought yesterday.

She was about to sit on the sofa when the smell of the cookies brought her nausea, well not exactly nausea but it sure upset her stomach a bit. She brushed it off it was probably nothing and sat down. The smell grew stronger and Mina couldn’t take it anymore thinking that she was going to throw up, she stood up opening the window and to smell some clean air, 2 seconds past and she returned to turn off the cookies, she didn’t care if they were baked or not she couldn’t take their smell, she then opened all the windows and relaxed.

After her tummy calmed down she decided to re bake them, it was going to be a pity if Mark didn’t eat them after all her hard work, she made sure that the kitchen’s window was opened in order for the house to not smell like chocolate cookies and after she was totally calm she sat down on the sofa.

The cookies needed 5 more minutes so she didn’t wait a lot. She opened the TV and in no time she was back on her feet walking toward the kitchen to turn the oven off once and for all and then taking them out. She didn’t stay in there for long the nausea coming back because of the smell and just walked out with the sleeve on keeping her nose close too and went to the bedroom because it didn’t smell there at all. She even closed the door just to make sure that the smell wasn’t going to get in.

She sighed what was wrong with her stomach maybe she ate enough at lunch and it brought her these symptoms.

Mina shook her head, well it was probably nothing, because it happened to her the previous week and it passed as soon as it came so she didn’t give it much thought. She sat down with her book in her hands she hoped tomorrow was going to be better because she didn’t wanted to ruin her fun just because of her upset stomach. She sat down on the soft mattress and felt really tired as soon as her head hit the pillow she fell asleep.

 

Mark’s Pov:

“Mina?” He called her name softly.

No answer

He walked further into the apartment first checking the living room not sight of Mina there, then checking the bathroom, still no Mina in there. He then walked into the bedroom and he saw that the door was closed, he opened softly only to see Mina sleeping on top of the bed.

She seemed like she hadn’t slept for days and now she was finally sleeping like there is no tomorrow.

Mark had realized that Mina was sleeping a lot lately and even waking up later than usually. He chuckled at how defendless she seemed, with her pouty face and soft breaths.

Mark walked toward her sitting at the edge of the bed and shaking her awake.

“Babe” Mark said as softly as possible. “Wake up.” Mark said once more.

Mina slowly opened her eyes and fast stood up.

“Wow, easy there.” Mark said with a smile.

“You came home?” Mina asked a bit dazed from her sleeping.

“A while ago” He said softly.

“What time is it?” Mina asked once more.

“19:30 why?” Mark asked her while brushing a few strap of her hair behind her ear.

Mina looked shocked.

“It’s 19:30? Really?” She asked to confirm it.

Mark looked at her again.

“Well yeah, I went to buy the meat and the beers first that’s why I was late.” He said to her.

Mina shook her head.

“No it’s not that, it’s that I was passed out for more than 3 hours and it’s weird. I mean I didn’t do anything tiring today except baking you cookies and talking on the phone, I was supposed to go to my yoga classes but I guess I am late and I even slept till noon and woke up at 11:00 in the morning.” Mina said looking at Mark for answers.

“Maybe it’s the heat that is getting to you.” Mark said calmly. “It’s hot so sleeping for that long is normal, don’t worry.” He said brushing his hands up and down on her arms.

Mina grabbed them and pushed them away.

“Don’t touch me it’s hot.” She said with a threatening voice that Mark got shocked from Mina’s sudden behavior.

Mina stood up and went toward the bathroom that was in the hall to take a cold bath. Mark went after her.

“What got into you now huh?” He asked needing some answers.

“Nothing I am just hot.” She said and closed the door harshly behind her. Mark looked shocked was she for real?

He let her be after hearing the water running and went to the kitchen to grab something to eat, when he saw the cookies he was surprised. Mina had made him cookies after so long and he loved it a lot.

He grabbed a few and put them in a plate and sat down in the living room with a cup of milk he opened the TV and watched the news. It was a really manly sight. Soon Mina came down after her relaxing bath; she gave Mark a sweet kiss on the cheek like she was not going all Hulk on him like 10 minutes ago. He didn’t question her, he just let her be. She sat down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter