CHAPTER 14

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14:

Mark’s Pov:
 

Mark left the meeting room satisfied with his presentation in their company. Mr. Kim the CEO of the electronics company was there and his secretary too. They were asked to leave their phones on the lobby with their name written next to it. Mr. Kim’s secretary Mingyu together with Mark’s company secretary Beakhyun (from EXO), were sitting in the lobby, since they were not allowed in there only the most important people of the company were there.

While Mark was on the meeting Mingyu had answered his phone, because Beakhyun had left to go to the toilet. After another hour when the meeting has ended Mark was informed that someone called him. At first he didn’t bother to see who it was because Mingyu told him that no one answered back and he just let it be, but after another hour passed Mark wanted to call Jackson so when he saw Mina’s name as the missed call from before when he was in the meeting, he immediately called her, but he got connected to the voice mail he called her again the same thing as before.

He called Jackson after that feeling anxious about Mina’s phone call.

“Is Mina with you?” Was his first question.

“Thank you for asking if I am fine Mark and no she is not, actually Jihye was there in the afternoon why?” He said sarcastically.

Mark sighed.

“She called me earlier and she doesn’t pick up and I don’t know.”

He heard some muffled voices from behind.

“Mark you should better come here.” Jackson said with concern. “Jihye’s orders.” He said once more.

Mark felt anxious what was going on? Was everything alright? Was something wrong with Mina? With those thoughts on mind Mark grabbed his jacket and left his office. He opened his car door and zoomed off toward Jackson’s house. In no time he was there thinking different scenarios almost paranormal ones. He should stop watching supernatural movies because right now he was thinking that Mina maybe was kidnapped by werewolves or maybe she was a vampire all this time. He just stopped thinking because he was going crazier and crazier the more he thought about stupid possibilities.

 He arrived at Jackson’s house in no time. He went out of his car and walked more like run toward Jackson’s front door, he ringed the bell and a familiar face greeted him. She was smiling bitterly and just then and there Mark knew that something was wrong. She let him in and after taking of his shoes he walked further into the apartment. He went to the living where a not smiley Jackson was waiting for him and he sat down on the sofa feeling totally anxious.

“What’s going on? Is she alright?” He asked anxious about their answers.

“Calm down, she is fine, maybe you’ll not be fine after what you’ll hear but she is fine.” Jackson said sitting across from him.

“What is it?” He asked again more anxious than before.

“She is leaving that’s what happening; she is going to London for 6 months.” Jihye said not being able to take the pressure any more, raising her voice in the process.

Mark looked shocked. She is leaving? Mina?

“When?” He asked calm.

“Next week.” Jihye answered tired leaning into Jackson’s shoulder for support his right hand circling her middle and bringing her closer.

Mark stayed quiet. He then sighed; he opened his mouth only to close it again because he didn’t know what to say, he was thinking about many things, but none of them was going to make it true.

If he said that she shouldn’t leave then that would be wrong and selfish, for the past two months he never contacted her or talked to her, but he still loved her a lot and missed her a lot.

“What should I do?” He asked almost in a whisper, but the couple heard him anyway. He looked heartbroken. He hadn’t even bothered to even see her once and now he regretted not doing that earlier, he should have talked to her and tell her how much he missed her and loved her.  

“Go after her.” Jackson said. “You love her right?” He asked looking Mark into his eyes seriously. “Go after her convince her to stay and get back together, why are you torturing yourselves why do you like to be in pain? Can’t you see that you love her, that you still want her back? Why do you deny it? It’s frustrating.” Jackson stood up feeling angry and frustrated by his friends.

Mark didn’t say anything just looked at him.

“Don’t be a fool.” He soon said. “She probably had found someone else, someone better that’s why she took that kind of decision.” He said bitterly.

“ARE YOU AN IDIOT? Jihye shouted.

Hormones no one could blame her.

 “I’M ASKING YOU MARK. I WAS WITH HER A WHILE AGO AND SHE WAS CRYING BECAUSE SHE STILL LOVES YOU MARK AND SHE MISSES YOU AND SHE WAS HEARTBROKEN WHEN YOU DIDN’T ANSWER THE PHONE BUT THAT SLU---

“Don’t say the word babe.” Jackson cut her off. Jihye was taking big breaths to calm down; it wasn’t good for her or the baby.

Mark looked at her. She was right but he was so out of place to do anything right now. Mina might still love him and he still loves her but that doesn’t mean that he could go right now to her apartment and just say those words, apologies and I love yous never changed things like that, they weren’t playing anymore they were both adults and they knew their priorities too well for them to just brush them off and be together.

“How much time do I have?” Mark asked once more calmly.

“We don’t know.” Jackson sighed. “The only thing she said was that she was leaving next week, that’s it.” Jackson said honestly.

Mark looked gloomy. “Well I have till next week right?” He asked with a bitter smile.

Jihye gasped she opened to say s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter