CHAPTER 4

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4:

A whole month passed, since Jihye had told Mina about their wedding with Jackson and they were already making preparations about it.

The wedding was going to be held by the end of May, in a small church near the beach in the Jeju Island. Only a few people were invited and that was only because it was a special day to spend it only with the people you considered special. Their parents and some of the aunts and uncles were invited together with a few friends, the guys, who were also Jackson’s best men and Jihye’s friends from college and of course Mina.

Total, 90 people were invited.

The day of the wedding was the 18th of May which means that they had less than three months to get everything ready.

The couple together with Mina and Mark was really anxious.

That’s why Mina together with Jihye went to try her wedding dress first thing in a nice Saturday morning.

They were out all day walking form one shop to another but nothing got Jihye excited. It was nearing afternoon when they spotted a small boutique with a really nice window decoration. They walked in praying to find something good.

The shop was even bigger inside than it looked like from the outside.

As soon as you walk in there is the cashier, behind it a cute girl standing there ready to help any customer.

“Good evening.” She greeted formally, almost mechanically like she was taught to talk like that since she was a kid.

The girls greeted her back.

“May I help you?” She asked again. She was sounding a bit cold and distant; the girls looked a bit weirdly at each other unsure if they wanted to stay here any longer.

“Well.” Jihye started. “I’m getting married in three months from now and I was wondering if you could help me find my wedding dress.” She smiled that ice smile of hers when she didn’t like someone but still trying to sound polite.

“Can you show me your wedding invitation please?” She used the same tone.

Jihye grabbed the invitation from her bag and gave it to her.

The cashier girl immediately changed her previous attitude, a sweet smile forming at her face.

“Congratulations!!” She smiled at them giving back the invitation. “Now if you can please follow me. I hope our shop can give you exactly the dress that you are looking for.” She moved gracefully in front of the two girls while walking deeper into the shop.

“Sorry if I sounded rude earlier but a lot of women walk in wanting to try the dresses, but they are lying about getting married and I have to put up with their attitudes sometimes, so we have this rule with the invitation now.” She tried to explain her previous attitude hoping she didn’t lose some clients and her job too.

The girls smiled warmly at her understanding her fully.

“Well ladies these are all yours.” She made a big gesture showing the dresses. “Do you want me to bring you champagne while you are trying the dresses miss…?  She asked while looking at them.

“It’s Jihye and we would like to have some champagne accompanying us in this… journey. Thank you.” She smiled at her.

“Ok then Miss Jihye I’ll be right back and you are free to try any dress you like. Oh if you need anything just call me I’m Jisoo, hope you stay satisfied from our dresses.” She smiled as wide as human possible and quickly vanished somewhere behind the many rows of dresses.

Mina turned her attention to Jihye.

“What are you waiting for? Go try!” She made a shoo motion with her hand.

She then sat down typing away a quick message on her phone and waiting for Jihye to come out.

Soon Jisoo came with the champagne and that’s when the real party started.

Jihye was already walking in and out of the dressing room, wearing different kind of dresses. Long and short, open back or close back, with deep V neck or up to the neck dresses. Some dresses were weird, with red color or blue and sometimes they had weird designs like some gaps that showed parts this Jihye wanted to hide or any woman didn’t want to show to the whole world especially on their most important day.

They were on their second champagne when Jihye walked out with a really nice long dress.

It was a long white dress with lace from up to down. The back was exposed giving a y feeling, but it had lace decorated with small beautiful flowers. It didn’t have a deep V cut just the correct amount that it needed to show Jihye’s feminine side. The whole dress screamed el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter