CHAPTER 2

20 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2:

It was a warm Saturday morning. Mina opened her eyes, only to find the next side of the bed empty. She was surprised at first, because Mark barely woke up earlier than her especially on Weekdays. She sat up from the bed ready to head to the bathroom when a small note caught her eyes. It had probably fallen when she had tried to sit up. She took it in her hands and recognized the handwriting immediately. It belonged to Mark.

‘Good morning beautiful! I’m really sad to not see you waking up, but the company called and I had to leave earlier. I’ll be back for lunch. Love you, oh and I forgot your sleeping face is the most beautiful face I’ve ever seen <3.’

A small smile made its way on Mina’s mouth. Why is Mark so sweet?

She left the small note beside her pillow and walked toward the bathroom to freshen up and maybe later go take some walk or something.

After 20 minutes Mina was downstairs preparing her breakfast when her phone started ringing. She walked toward the table where she had put the phone earlier and picked it up.

“Hello” She answered simply, not knowing who is calling because she didn’t bother seeing the caller’s id.

“Good morning babe.” A deep voice that she knew by heart greeted her.

“Well good morning to you too Markie Pooh.” She said smiling back.

“Did I wake you up?” He asked back with the same tone.

“No, I woke up a while ago.” She answered simple.

“That’s good.” He answered, but quickly added. “Well Sehun just said to me that his gf would like to meet us tonight. Is that good with you?” He asked again with the same happy tone.

Mina thought about it for a while. She really didn’t have to do anything today. She could probably get Jihye go out with her to choose an outfit or something, so they could go.

“Yeah, sure, why not? It would be fun. Where are we going? She asked curious about their destination.

 “To that new restaurant that opened downtown at 8:00” He then answered again.

“Really? I really wanted to check that place out for so so so long. Finally I got my chance.” She sounded really excited.

Mark’s laugh could be heard from the other side of the phone.

“Ok. I’m glad you liked the idea. I was the one who proposed it. Anyway babe I’ve got to go our second meeting is starting in a few minutes. Love you and miss you so much.” He said slowly meaning every single word.

Mina smiled again. Her face was really starting to hurt from all that stretch, not like she minded anyway.

“I love you and miss you too. See you later and good luck.” She said, meaning her every word.

She really wanted for Mark to do great today. She forgot that today their company was going to choose the new head department and Mark was one of the contestants. She was getting nervous now on his behalf. He really deserved the position. Even thought he wasn’t working in the company for long he really had worked hard for it and he had a promising future ahead of him.

They hung up the phone and Mina let out a sigh. Even though she was happy for him she couldn’t stop worrying about the fact that she was going to have less time with Mark. She wasn’t going to be selfish his job was way more important than her even though she hated to admit that.

 Soon Mina cheered herself up and didn’t lose any more time to send a quick text to her friend to tell her about them meeting up later at the mall.

Jihye quickly texted her back and told her she could make it.

Mina couldn’t be happier.  

She finished her breakfast and soon walked to the bedroom to get ready. She decided on a simple white buttoned up shirt with a small ribbon on the neck with a pair of black jeans a leather jacket and a pair of some nice boots and walked out of her apartment. Classic I may say.

The weather was nice. It was cold, but that didn’t mean that the weather was bad. It was clear without any grey clouds threatening the people with a storm and the sun was shining but she could tell that it was below zero today. It was February and that month is always tricky.

She took her car, since she hadn’t driven it for a long time and drove off toward the mall.

She parked in an empty parking space and left the car after locking it. Jihye was already waiting for her in one of those small cafeterias, already sat down eating her breakfast and of course drinking her coffee. Mina soon joined her with a cup of coffee in her hands; she already had breakfast so she didn’t mind about the food.

“Hello sunshine! How are you?” Jihye’s cheerful voice could be heard by a mile away. She was really happy for someone who woke up so early. It was still 10:30.

Mina smiled back, how could she not. Firstly she was going to have a girl time with her best friend after so long and secondly she was going out with Mark after so many weeks of not going out on a date or something similar.

“Good morning to you too beautiful.” Mina replied with the same happy tone.

She sat down across from Jihye and they immediately started talking. They were really grown up by now. When they met for the first time Jihye was such a badass girl and Mina followed behind her looking down whenever someone paid attention to her. She was so shy, even entering university she remembered herself not being able to make friends on her first day, but after all those accidents with Mark and him eventually becoming her boyfriend changed her altogether. It was like she was re born. She became a fine lady thanks to all those people.

“So how you and Mark are doing?” Jihye asked sounding excited while pulling Mina out of her thoughts.

Mina smiled. “Well, we are doing fine. We both are busy but we don’t mind, I mean he works in a really big company and he wants to be reliable to them. He told me two days ago that a position reopened because the other person left since she was pregnant and the company wanted to choose a new person for the sit, between males this time to prevent accidents like this of happening again and Mark is one of those males.” Mina said sounding proud.

“Congratulations for you. I’m so happy to hear that. I bet Mark is satisfied with how things are working out right?” Jihye asked.

“Well, yeah but still he is spending so much time in the company we barely see each other and I really do hope for the best for him I still cannot get used to the fact I have to wake up without a Mark next to me or sometimes I eat and sleep alone.” Mina said sounding both happy and sad.

Jihye patted her hand sympathetically while giving the other girl a smile to reassure her that everything was going to be fine.

Suddenly Jihye clasped her hands together.

“Ok, enough with this mood. We are here to have fun and don’t forget to make you look beautiful not only for the date but to make your man realize what he is missing while he is out making money for the both of you. She said with a smile that was hiding a really big meaning behind it.

Mina could already imagine what was going to happen later on with Jihye in the mall. She had a really long way to go today.

They ate their breakfasts while catching up at each other’s lives and after paying for their food, they left to continue their journey at the shop.

After several shops the both of them were not satisfied with their choices. They have been going in and out of several shops for two hours already not satisfied with anything.

They were now walking next to the shops mostly window shopping and trying to find anything attractive. After a while the both of them spotted a small boutique that opened recently with really nice clothes. Not too reveling or too old just the right clothes for a lady like Mina. They walked in feeling positive that this was going to be the last shop to visit and headed toward a direction that the woman at the front showed them.

The clothes there were really beautiful, many colors to choose from and the dresses were really close to Mina’s taste. Jihye was really excited. She had spotted so many dresses for her friend to try out.

Mina on the other hand, was feeling hopeless. She was getting dizzy by those colors and the dresses she didn’t know what to do.

Jihye suddenly walked up toward her and shoved into her hands some dresses she found interesting and made her walk into the changing room to try them on. She stayed outside waiting for Mina patiently to get ready.

Mina on the other hand was trying to wear a blue dress. It was really tight and it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter