On the eighth date of Christmas my date said to me... "I hope the aliens don't take you away!"

The 12 Dates of Christmas

A/N: I sincerely apologize to all my readers. I am so sorry I was not able to update my fic yesterday. >< I finished both today as an apologize to make up for it. I'm so sorry.

 

 

On the eighth date of Christmas my date said to me… “I hope the aliens don’t take you away!”

 

Zhou Mi was out on a visit to China with Henry on the twentieth and so Sungmin got through a day date free. He could have given Sungmin another date but Zhou Mi refused because he wanted to be there when things went bad the date happened.

 

So Sungmin was prepared when Zhou Mi barged into his room at seven in the morning telling him to wake up for his date. That didn’t mean he was happy about it.

 

“Why are you waking me up so earlyyyyy!” Sungmin groaned as he hid under his blankets, trying to block out Zhou Mi’s excited babble. Maybe being single wouldn’t be too bad. It’d be a lot quieter.

 

“Aww, Sungminnie, I’m so sorry about yesterday!” Zhou Mi said as he rushed around the room, throwing clothes onto Sungmin’s form on the bed. “So, to make it up for you for not being here, I have gotten you… TWO DATE!”

 

Sungmin promptly fell off the bed.

 

“What?!” He said as he tried to pull himself out of the death trap called his bed sheets.

 

“They’re both lovely guys, don’t worry, you’ll love it!” Zhou Mi said happily as he threw a pair of shoes over his shoulder. Sungmin ducked so as not to be beheaded by sneakers.

 

“You’ll be walking a lot on your first date, so how about something comfortable?” Zhou Mi said, mostly to himself, as he picked out a cute pink hoodie, jeans and sneakers. Just as he pushed Sungmin into the bathroom he added, “The second date will be more formal, so I’ll bring along the clothes you should change into. Look pretty!”

 

Sungmin sighed and closed the bathroom door in his face. “It’s going to be a long day…”

 

 

When Sungmin arrived at his next date’s destination, truthfully, even though he repeatedly said he thought it was childish, he was excited. An amusement park? He hadn’t been to one in years, and all his friends were embarrassed about being seen at such a childish place.

 

He was definitely going to enjoy this date.

 

“Where is that kid?” Zhou Mi said to himself as he checked his watch. Whoever the kid was, he was twenty minutes late.

 

Sungmin shrugged, though he was barely listening because he was still staring at all the rides he wanted to go on when his date finally came.

 

OHH THE CAROUSEL! AWW, LOOK AT THAT CUTE BUNNY PLUSHIE! I WANT TO WIN IT! OH MY GOSH, THAT ROLLARCOASTER IS GOING SO FAST! AWESOMEEEE! I HOPE I DON’T THROW UP ON THAT SPINNY RIDE-

 

“SORRY!”

 

Sungmin was promptly woken from his thoughts when a young man, around his age, ran up to them. He was handsome, though also cute at the same time, with brown hair that stuck up in the front and dark soft brown eyes.

 

The man leaned on his knees and panted, wiping his forehead. “Sorry, Zhou Mi gege!” The man said, scratching his neck awkwardly.

 

Zhou Mi sighed and pats the boy on the shoulder. “Hae, you’re late. Again.”

 

“I know, I said I’m sorry!” Hae pouted. “My roommate made me clean my room and I woke up and late and then I couldn’t find my shoe… Guess where I found it! In the hallway!” He then seemed to notice Sungmin and his face lit up. He quickly bowed. “Sorry about that, Sungmin hyung!” He held out his hand. “My name’s Lee Donghae, nice to meet you!”

 

Sungmin immediately thought the kid was adorable and he seemed to be giving off a very hyper, childish and happy vibe. He liked him already. “Nice to meet you too Donghae.”

 

Donghae then grabbed Sungmin’s arm and began pulling him toward the amusement park. “Hyung, I want to go on all the rides today, so let’s hurry, okay?”

 

Donghae’s eyes were shining with excitement, his bottom lip jutting out in a pout and he was shaking Sungmin’s arm so cutely, how could anyone say no?

 

It was DEFINTELY going to be a long day.

 

 

“Sungmin hyung, we should go on the rollercoaster first, don’t you think? It’s always so much fun to ride, and it’s so fast too! I love those parts where you go slowly upward and then there’s that really fast incline! It’s awesomeeee! OH and I want to find one where you go upside down. Its sooo much fun! Do you like going upside down? I do, it’s so cool! Have you ever let go? It feels soooo werid ,but it’s so much fun! We should do that thing time, don’t you think? Ohh, look at that ride! That one looks super duper fast~ I hope I don’t puke, do you puke on rides? Try not to, that’d be gross! Ohhhh, what about that spiny one? We should definitely go on that one, it’d be sooo cool. How about the swing one where it pulls you into the air and you swing around in a big circle? That’s so awesome! I used to go on that when I was a kid. The ropes better not break! Or else we’d die! I don’t want to die!”

 

To put it simply, Sungmin was exhausted. After three straight hours of riding every ride Donghae said, waiting in lines while just listening to Donghae babble on and on, and buying all the rotten food he could for Donghae, Sungmin wasn’t as excited to be there as he had been. He had also spent most of his last paycheck.

 

At least Kyuhyun won’t be able to ask me for any more money, Sungmin thought with a sigh.

 

“Come on hyung, let’s go!” Donghae grabbed onto Sungmin’s arm and yanked him toward what must be their fiftieth rollercoaster ride. Sungmin wasn’t sure how much more he could handle.

 

While they waited Donghae talked about random things, most of the time not waiting for Sungmin to respond. He was like a little kid, he was excited about everything, was completely focused on himself, and had the attention span of a goldfish.

 

When they finally managed to get on the ride, Donghae clung to Sungmin’s arm while they went up the incline, almost cutting off his circulation, and when they went down he screamed in Sungmin’s ear until he thought he went deaf while waving his hands in the air.

 

“THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN HYUNG!” Donghae said as they sat eating ice cream. “Thanks so much, I had such a great time!”

 

Sungmin smiled lightly. He was still having trouble hearing because of Donghae’s incessant yelling so he just smiled and nodded.

 

Then Donghae leaned on his hand, smiled a special smile at Sungmin and said, “I hope the aliens don’t take you away!”