On the third date of Christmas my date said to me... "I don't speak Korean."

The 12 Dates of Christmas

 

A/N: I JUST MADE IT. Like twenty minutes before 12. I am goooood~ :D Thank you everyone for the support! :D I LOVE YOU ALL! <3

 

On the third date of Christmas my date said to me… “I don’t understand Korean.”

 

“Sungminnie!”

 

Sungmin pulled his headphones down when a familiar voice started yelling his name repeatedly. He turned around and was almost tackled by Zhou Mi. “Hey Mi,” he said.

 

“HOW DID YOUR DATE GO?” Zhou Mi practically yelled as he hopped around Sungmin.

 

Sungmin raised an eyebrow at him before putting his headphones back on and turning around and continuing his walk to his class.

 

“WHAI YOU ALWAYS IGNORE ME?” Zhou Mi yelled, stomping his foot and pouting. When Sungmin just held his hand up in a goodbye, not even looking back, Zhou Mi cursed at him in Chinese before stomping off to his pink Ferrari.

 

Later on during class his phone suddenly stared blaring Super Junior’s, A-Cha. Everyone started looking around and Sungmin quickly grabbed his bag, his face flushed, and ran out of the room, excusing him while avoiding the teacher’s stern stare.

 

He checked his text and sighed. Here we go again…

 

To: Minnie =^^=

Whatever. I don’t care if you’re giving me the silent treatment. Be that way! >:(

From: Zhou Mimi~

 

Before Sungmin could even reply to a text sent moments ago another text appeared on the screen and Sungmin sighed and shook his head. Typical Mimi.

 

To: Minnie =^^=

FINE! I’M SORRY! GOD! Dun be mad at me. :’( Be happy! :D I got you a new date, and this one you will DEFINITELY LIKE! Come to this address at 5:30 tonight. I’ll even be there for the beginning so if you don’t like him at first you can leave. iludon’tbemadMinniei’msawwy!. <3

From: Zhou Mimi~

 

Sungmin sighed, sent a quick text to Zhou Mi saying alright, who replied with a heart, before shutting his phone and muting it again. He was sure he had had it on vibrate!

 

Then he remembered Heechul grabbing his phone and taking selcas with it. No wonder it was a Super Junior ringtone, he didn’t even like them that much.

 

 

Sungmin finished classes without anymore interrupts, except for being scolded by his teacher and a text from Kyuhyun asking him to pick up something to eat on his way home. He responded to his dongsaeng to get off his lazy and get something to eat for himself and Kyuhyun said he’d cook something if Sungmin really wanted him to die that badly. Finally Sungmin relented and promised something from the restaurant.

 

He drove his old car to the restaurant and was surprised when he drove up to a very fancy looking place with crystals and flowers and velvet seats.

 

I hope the other guys paying… Sungmin thought to himself, suddenly feeling underdressed in his school jeans and hoodie. He didn’t need to worry though for as soon as he stepped inside Zhou Mi tackled him, insulted his clothing, hugged him, and then pushed him into the bathroom with a new suit for him to wear.

 

Deciding just to go with it instead of trying to fight Zhou Mi, which would be a bad idea, Sungmin changed. He walked out of the stall and observed himself in the fancy mirrors. He was wearing a nice looking black suit with a white button up shirt and a pink bow tie. His hair didn’t look to bad from school so he just left it. He had to admit, he could pull off a suit.

 

Feeling confident and optimistic he walked outside and walked toward the sounds of Zhou Mi’s quick Chinese. He was surprised when he saw his friend talking to another Chinese man who looked vaguely familiar. And he was hot.

 

He was wearing a suit also, with long black hair that framed his face, and had dark intense eyes. Sungmin was sure he had seen him before, but he just couldn’t remember where.

 

Zhou Mi looked up in mid-sentence and squealed when he saw Sungmin. “I always knew you’d look hot in a suit, aren’t you adorable,” he said and squeezed Sungmin’s cheeks who swatted his hands away. “Anyway, this is Sungmin,” he introduced to the man next to him. “Sungmin, meet Han Geng.”

 

Han Geng… Han Geng… “Oh, Hankyung!” Sungmin said, suddenly recognizing the man. Heechul had showed him a picture of the famous idol in China who was supposedly extremely hot and greasy that he’d cook pancakes on him. “You’re Hankyung right?”

 

“I’m sorry, I don’t understand Korean.” Hankyung was staring at him, confused, and Zhou Mi quickly translated and the man nodded and held out his hand. “You can call me Hankyung,” he said in heavily accented Korean.

 

“He goes by Hankyung here in Korea, since he’s debuting here soon.” Zhou Mi then excused them and brought Sungmin to a corner in the fancy restaurant. “So, do you like?” He asked, popping his eyebrows and grinning.

 

“Oh yeah,” Sungmin said, admitting how hot he thought the Chinese man was.

 

Zhou mi squealed and the two high fived. “I’ll leave you two to enjoy your meal then.” He said and then pulled something out of his bag and handed it to Sungmin. “Here ya go good luck!” He then disappeared.

 

Sungmin looked at the book in his hands. “Mandarin for dummies.”

 

Yup, Zhou Mi was going to die later.

 

 

“Sorry about that,” Sungmin said as he smiled and sat down at the table where Hankyung was sitting.

 

The man took a few seconds to register what he said before nodding. “Its fine,” he replied in his cute accent which was quite difficult to understand.

 

A waitress came over to order food for them and Hankyung ordered for him because it was a Chinese restaurant and Sungmin had no clue what anything on the menu said.

 

“So, you’re a singer huh? That’s amazing,” Sungmin said when Hankyung didn’t start a conversation.

 

Hankyung just stared blankly. “What?” He asked, confused.

 

Sungmin was sure Hankyung knew some Korean, but it seemed like he knew almost none at all. Deciding to use the book since it was his last resort other than calling Zhou Mi to ask him to come and translate, which would NEVER happen, Sungmin pulled out the book and started looking through it.

 

“How long have you been famous?” He finally managed.

 

Hankyung eyes widened when he stared at him.

 

Deciding to try again Sungmin asked, “When did you start singing?”

 

Hankyung gasped and stood up from his chair, glaring at Sungmin. Suddenly he started speaking in rapid fire Mandarin, and some of it didn’t sound very nice, before shoving his chair, grabbing his bag, glaring at Sungmin again before leaving the restaurant in a huff.

 

Sungmin stared blankly after him. “What did I say…?”

 

 

“Here’s your food.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up; his mouth stuffed with ramen, when Sungmin walked through the apartment doors and threw a box down onto the table.

 

Sungmin sent him a look and promptly threw his ramen into the trash.

 

“Hey!” Kyuhyun said, frowning. When Sungmin showed him the food inside the box though his eyes lit up and he started on the delicious food inside.

 

“Oh, and you and Zhou Mi owe me sixty bucks,” Sungmin said as he left the room.

 

Kyuhyun continued to eat for a few moments before his roommates words seemed to dawn on him. “WHAT?!”