On the tenth date of Christmas my date said to me... "I fell in love in the middle of our date."

The 12 Dates of Christmas

A/N: ... Yeah. hi. I'm a cookie cooking failure. >W< Anyway, here ya go.

 

 

On the tenth date of Christmas my date said to me… “I fell in love in the middle of our date.”

 

Sungmin was in sweats with his bangs tied into a ponytail on the top of his head when the door bell rang. Slipping on hello kitty slippers he went to the door, hiding under a large gray hoodie and opened the door.

 

“Hello Minnie!” Zhou Mi was saying, a large grin on his face.

 

All Sungmin could do was stare at the young, small boy, standing next to giant Zhou Mi, smiling shyly and waving at Sungmin.

 

“Yah, Zhou Mi, it’s you again. Go steal food from someone else’s house-” Kyuhyun interrupted Sungmin’s thoughts of WTF is going on when he walked out of his room, sporting a bed head and fuzzy pajamas when he spotted the boy. He let out a very unmanly squeak and darted back into the room, slamming the door closed behind him.

 

The boy giggled.

 

“Ah, so…” Sungmin glanced at Zhou Mi and he quickly burst into an explanation. The boy’s name was Kim Ryeowook, wasn’t he adorable?! He was a year older than Kyuhyun (at that Sungmin just stared. Older than Kyuhyun… How the hell was that even possible), he was into composing and had wanted to come over to have a cooking date at Sungmin’s apartment.

 

“You could have told me,” Sungmin bit out as he brought them into the apartment.

 

“It’s so cute!” Ryeowook said, smiling at all the lights all over the apartment and the small tree in the corner.

 

“Thanks,” Sungmin said lightly, scratching his neck.

 

Ryeowook squealed when he saw the four stockings. Somehow Zhou Mi had ninjaed his way into putting up one for him and Henry. “Aww,” he said with a bright smile.

 

Sungmin had to admit, the kid was cute.

 

“So, are you ready?” Ryeowook said and turned around, smiling.

 

Sungmin stared. “Ready for what?” He asked dumbly.

 

“Our cooking date!” Ryeowook said excitedly as he started flailing his arms. “We’re going to cook these amazing cookies that my mom gave me the recipe for. They’re delicious! Tripe chocolate chunk with peppermint pieces and white chocolate Hershey kisses~”

 

Oh great, a heart attack in the form of a cookie.

 

Ryeowook’s eyes were shining with excitement though and Sungmin couldn’t resist becoming excited too. “Okay, let’s go!” He said with a grin.

 

Ryeowook brought out two aprons with cute animal’s on the front. His was blue and Sungmin’s was pink. They went into the kitchen where Ryeowook immediately went through the cupboards like a pro, even though he hadn’t been there ever before.

 

“Jeez, has Zhou Mi or Kyuhyun been giving you creeper lessons?” Sungmin was uncertainly as Ryeowook opened the right cupboard and pulled out a large metal bowl.

 

Ryeowook just laughed.

 

With Ryeowook and Sungmin’s joint efforts the first batch came out flawlessly. Both of them were good at cooking, and Sungmin had to admit, Ryeowook was an amazing cook.

 

“These are perfect!” Sungmin declared as he gobbled up the first cookie. None of them had burnt and they had all turned out beautiful. Sungmin wanted to eat all of them.

 

Ryeowook handed him a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and smiled that happy grin of his. “I’m so glad you like it! You did really well too, Sungmin hyung~”

 

“Food. I smell food.”

 

Kyuhyun came out of his lair, looking a lot less like he hadn’t slept because he’d been playing games (which he probably had been), and more like a human being.

 

“Omo, Kyu, is that you?” Sungmin said amazed as Kyuhyun walked like a zombie toward the cookies. “I couldn’t recognize you without your cave man hair.”

 

Kyuhyun snapped him a glare before snatching the cookie out of Sungmin’s hand and before he could say anything, shoved the rest of it into his mouth, smirking.

 

“Yah! I bit that!” Sungmin complained as he whacked Kyuhyun hard on the arm. “You’re so gross!”

 

“Then you shouldn’t have made fun of me,” Kyuhyun said, speaking with difficulty because of the cookie in his mouth.

 

Sungmin whacked him again. “Ew, you’re spitting on me. Swallow first.”

 

The two bickered for a few more moments, though Kyuhyun did listen and swallowed first, until Ryeowook interrupted them with a polite cough. He giggled when the two looked at him guiltily.

 

“Sorry, his fault,” Kyuhyun said immediately, shoving Sungmin.

 

Sungmin shoved him back and sent him a glare before smiling at Ryeowook. “How about another batch?”  He suggested.

 

 

“CHO KYUHYUN!!!!”

 

Sungmin was glaring at his idiot for a roommate who had dropped the whole flour bag onto the ground, causing an explosion of flour to fill the small kitchen.

 

The whole kitchen was covered in white flour and so were Sungmin, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun from head to toe.

 

Kyuhyun looked up innocently at Sungmin and Ryeowook. “Sorry! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to!”

 

He ran out of the kitchen as Sungmin chased him, holding a rolling pin for a weapon.

 

“I SAID I’M SORRY MIN!” Kyuhyun yelled when Sungmin whacked him in the side.

 

Finally satisfied that he had bullied Kyuhyun enough Sungmin walked back to see Ryeowook almost done with cleaning everything. Man, the guy could cook AND clean.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry, let me help!” Sungmin offered and immediately started cleaning the rest.

 

Ryeowook just smiled and laughed and they quickly cleaned the kitchen.

 

Sungmin sighed and wiped his forehead. “Never again am I letting Kyuhyun in here.” He said.

 

Ryeowook smiled again before sighing. “That was the last bag of flour. We’ll have to buy more.”

 

Sungmin looked at the oven which held two new batches of cookies that were baking. “What about the cookies?”

 

“Don’t worry; I’ll just have Kyuhyun get them.”

 

Sungmin raised his eyebrows but didn’t answer as he watched Ryeowook instruct Kyuhyun on how to take them out of the oven when the timer beeped. It couldn’t be too hard, could it?

 

The two of them drove to the mall, the same mall where Sungmin had gone on his date with Yesung. Reminded of the strange turtle lover he sighed and shook his head.

 

At least his date with Ryeowook was going well.

 

The two had gotten the rest of the supplies they needed, plus some candy canes because those things were delicious, when there was a yell from behind them.

 

“Sungmin!”

 

Sungmin blinked and turned around, confused. He knew that voice.

 

Yesung, dressed in all black with a warm scarf and black glasses, ran up to him with a grin.

 

With Ddangkoma riding on his shoulder.

 

“Yesung?”

 

“You never called me back,” Yesung said with a pout. Then there was a pause when he seemed to notice Ryeowook and he couldn’t tear his eyes away from the smaller man.

 

Ryeowook was staring too and Sungmin felt awkward as he watched the two.

 

“My name’s Yesung,” Yesung said in that husky tone of his as he stepped toward Ryeowook, a smile on his face.

 

Ryeowook blushed, a small smile on his face. “Ryeowook,” he replied.

 

Yesung laughed and then suddenly reached out to Ryeowook’s face and touched the space above his upper lip.

 

Why did he just touch his philtrum…?

 

“You have a very nice philtrum,” Yesung said quietly, a small smile on his face as he his philtrum for a few seconds.

 

Ryeowook just stared at Yesung like he was a god.

 

“Ah… Ryeowook?” Sungmin wondered what the hell was going on.

 

Ryeowook turned to Sungmin, surprised, before shoving the supplies into his arms. “Sorry Sungmin hyung, but I fell in love in the middle of our date. I hope you understand.” He smiled and then looked back at Yesung who was talking about how pretty Ryeowook was to his turtle.

 

“Ah… No, it’s fine,” Sungmin said awkwardly as he began to slowly walk backwards, away from all the weirdness. “I hope you two have a nice future together…” Then he bolted.

 

… What just happened?

 

 

Sungmin walked into his apartment and scratched his head, still confused.

 

“What happened?” Zhou Mi asked, chewing on a gingerbread man as he sat with Henry on the couch watching old Christmas movies.

 

“I think he just fell in love.”

 

“Whoaaaa, who fell in love?” Kyuhyun blurted out, looking up, startled.

 

“Ryeowook just fell in love with… Yesung.”

 

He was still trying to comprehend how that had even happened when he walked into the kitchen and let out a loud piercing scream. “KYUHYUN!”

 

Kyuhyun bolted for his room when Sungmin came out of the kitchen wielding burned cookies like throwing stars. “NEVER GO INTO THE KITCHEN EVER AGAIN!”