On the sixth date of Christmas my date said to me... "I'm sorry but I'm actually straight."

The 12 Dates of Christmas

 

A/N: Hello everyone! Shindong's date is hereee! Thanks for reading. ^^

 

On the sixth day of Christmas my date said to me… “I’m sorry but I’m actually straight.”

 

“I DON’T WANT TO GOOOOO~!”

 

“Sungmin. Get into the car. Now.”

 

“NO!”

 

 “Sungmin, stop being a baby and let go of the door frame.”

 

“NEVERRR!”

 

Sungmin was currently holding onto the glass doors at the front of their apartment building for dear life and a lot of people were staring at Zhou Mi and Sungmin like they were crazy. Which they were… Or at least one out of two of them were.

 

Zhou Mi sighed, rubbing his forehead. He had been just as drunk as Sungmin the day before, possibly more, and yelling at this piece of pink fluff was not doing anything to help his pounding headache. “Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and handed Zhou Mi his ice cream while giving him a look that said ‘if you kill my ice cream I kill you’, before walking over to Sungmin and tickling him in the ribs.

 

“KYUHYUN -giggle- LET –giggle- GO!” Sungmin burst out laughing and let go of the door. Zhou Mi grabbed him in an instant and the two began hauling him toward the car by his arms.

 

Sungmin wasn’t sure who he should kick. So he decided to kick both of them.

 

 

Zhou Mi opened the door for Sungmin before promptly slamming it in his face before opening it again.

 

“What was that for?” Sungmin pouted, jumping out of the car quickly just in case Zhou Mi decided to slam it in his face again.

 

“That was for giving me an even bigger headache!” Zhou Mi let out a fast stream of Chinese before storming into the buffet. Sungmin wondered if he was swearing.

 

Kyuhyun snickered.

 

Yup, Zhou Mi was DEFINITELY swearing.

 

Sungmin followed Zhou Mi into the buffet and followed him to a table near the back. A chubby man with short blondish brown dyed hair was already there, digging into the piles of food on the millions of plates he had already had.

 

“Hey Zhou Mi!” The man said, grinning when he saw Zhou Mi.

 

“Already eating?” Zhou Mi sighed, shaking his head.

 

Sungmin’s date laughed and patted his stomach. “You took way too long!”

 

It had taken a few moments but Sungmin had finally recognized the chubby man. “Donghee?!”

 

Donghee looked up and grinned when he saw Sungmin. “Sungmin-ah!” The man jumped up and gathered the smaller man in a big teddy bear hug. He then stepped back and ruffled his hair, a large grin on his face. “Yah, I told you to call me Shindong!”

 

Sungmin and Donghee, or Shindong as he had declared his name since they were children, was Sungmin’s childhood friend. Their parents had been best friends and introduced their sons and they had been best friends ever since that fateful day that Sungmin shared his pumpkin pie.

 

When Sungmin turned ten he had moved to Seoul and had lost touch with Shindong after awhile. He had no clue how Zhou Mi had gotten in touch with him!

 

“ I called your parents,” Zhou Mi admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

 

“Whoa, that’s creepy,” Kyuhyun whispered then grunted in pain when Zhou Mi whacked him with his bag. Poor Kyuhyun, that thing had a ton of crap in it. That must’ve hurt.

 

“Anyway, we’ll be going. Have fun!” Zhou Mi smiled at them before grabbing Kyuhyun’s arm and dragging him out of the buffet.

 

“Have a seat, kiddo!” Shindong said, grinning as he went to sit down again. “Eat up!”

 

Sungmin smiled and picked out some food, starving since he hadn’t felt hungry when he had woken up. “Wow, I haven’t seen you in years, how have you been?” He asked.

 

“Life’s great,” Shindong said, smiling. “We really missed you when you left though! Our dance team almost broke up without you,” he admitted. “We got a really large gig later on though and we’ve been appearing in contests and working at a dance studio these days.”

 

“That’s amazing, congratulations!” Sungmin said and tapped his glass against Shindong’s.

 

“And how have you been, kid?” Shindong asked. He had always called him kid since they were little even though he was only a year older.

 

Sungmin smiled and sipped at his glass, still eating his pasta while Shindong inhaled his food. Good old Donghee. “My life’s been pretty good too. I’m majoring in music right now. It’s like a dream come true.” Shindong knew Sungmin had always wanted to be a musician and that he loved music.

 

“Still playing the guitar?” Shindong asked with a bun in his mouth.

 

“Yup, and still my favorite instrument,” Sungmin grinned. “I really love piano too, but these days I’ve been wanting to learn more instruments so I’ve been trying out the trumpet, drums, bass, clarinet and also singing and composing. It’s a ton of fun!”

 

“Whoaa, that’s awesome Min!” Shindong said, grinning as he tapped his glass with Sungmin’s again. “You always were the musical genius.”

 

Sungmin laughed. “I’ve been experimenting with the harmonica too. My roommate has been helping me out, he’s really good.”

 

“Was that that kid that came in earlier that got beat up by Zhou Mi’s man purse?” Shindong asked.

 

Sungmin burst out laughing. Even though Zhou Mi swore it was a bag, it would always be a purse. “Yup, that’s him. His names Kyuhyun, he’s two years younger than me but he’s an amazing singer.”

 

Shindong grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. “Ohlala~ Kyuhyun, is it?”

 

“Oh shut up you big bear,” Sungmin said with a pout and Shindong laughed.

 

“Little Minnie, always acting cute when he’s being teased,” Shindong teased and Sungmin glared at him and chucked a piece of spaghetti at him. “So anyway… Do you like him?”

 

“What? Who?” Sungmin wondered why they were talking about other guys when THEY were on the date. “Do you mean Kyu?”

 

“Kyu!” Shindong burst out laughing at the nickname and Sungmin reached across the table to whack him in the arm. “You two would look cute together,” he commented.

 

Sungmin blinked and frowned. Him and Kyuhyun? Never. Not in a million years. No way would he date that lazy, immature, evil brat who loved Starcraft more than his own mother. “Not going to happen.”

 

Shindong laughed and slapped his thigh. “Whatever you say… You know, you guys could be called SungKyu! Or maybe HyunMin? Ohh, what about MinKyu? NO. WAIT. KYUMIN. It’s perfect! Kyumin!”

 

Sungmin sighed. Shindong was crazy. He really was. “Why don’t we talk about something else? I mean, we are on a date.”

 

That shut Shindong up. He looked completely confused. “Date?”

 

Sungmin blinked, wondering what was so confusing about a date. “Ah, yeah. We’re on a date… Aren’t we?”

 

This time Shindong burst out laughing even harder than he had before. He was practically falling out of his chair, clutching at his sides because they hurt so much.

 

“What? WHAT!” Sungmin said, feeling insecure at being laughed up.

 

“Min…” Shindong pulled himself back into his seat and showed Sungmin his hand where a couple ring was shining proudly, two names etched into it with a heart. “Sungmin… I’m sorry but I’m actually straight.”

 

 

Sungmin walked through the door, humming to himself happily as he took off his scarf and big jacket and hung it up. Kyuhyun was in the living room again, playing games like usual. He paused and turned to Sungmin with his eyebrows raised. “So, how was it?”

 

“It was fun,” Sungmin said with a genuine smile. “I got his number and we promised to get in touch again soon.”

 

“…So what’s the catch?”

 

“He’s engaged… To a woman.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed… A lot.