Prologue

The 12 Dates of Christmas

 

Prologue:

 

“Hmmm,” Sungmin sighed as he watched the romance drama on TV after taking a break from putting up Christmas decorations.

 

 When there seemed to be no response Sungmin sighed again, this time a bit louder. The only response was the sound of fingers hitting a keyboard and the constant clicking of a mouse.

 

Slightly irritated Sungmin leaned back in his big comfy chair covered in red and green fabric and let out a large sigh in his attempt to capture his roommates attention.

 

A chuckle came from the other side of the room where Kyuhyun sat at his desk playing StarCraft, which had reindeer horns sticking out of the top. He paused his game, shut his laptop and turned to Sungmin. “What’s wrong hyung?” He asked, clearly amused.

 

 “Oh nothing Kyu,” Sungmin said dramatically, staring at the TV longingly. “Just watching a drama…”

 

“What’s it about?” Kyuhyun asked as got up and went to sit on the couch near him.

 

“LOVE!” Sungmin exclaimed, jumping up from his chair and joining Kyuhyun on the couch and began flailing as he told Kyuhyun excitedly. “The main female character fell in love with the main male character and after twelve episodes the main male character finally admitted he liked her too and they fell in loveeee~” He sprawled out on the couch, sighing happily.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, pushing Sungmin who had somehow ended up on his lap off the couch. “Is Minnie jealous?” He teased, grinning.

 

Sungmin stood up and nodded enthusiastically, not the least bit put off by Kyuhyun’s lack of sympathy. “I want to fall in love,” he said dreamily as he looked at the Christmas decorations around the house that were in the midst of being put up. “I wish I could get a boyfriend before Christmas.”

 

“Ohhh, Sungminnie wants a boyfriend?”

 

Zhou Mi, who had been helping set up decorations at Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s college apartment, flounced in, dragging his boyfriend Henry behind him who was still trying to string popcorn and failing miserably.

 

Sungmin nodded enthusiastically, knowing Zhou Mi would understand him and give him support. “I want to spend this Christmas with someone special,” he said, clasping his hands together dreamily.

 

“AWWW! SUNGMINNIE IS SO CUTE!” Zhou Mi grabbed Sungmin in a big hug, cooing at his adorableness. When Sungmin pouted Zhou Mi pinched his cheeks.

 

Henry made a noise and Zhou Mi laughed, letting Sungmin go and quickly grabbing his boyfriend in a hug. “My Mochi’s cheeks are even better then Sungminnie’s,” he said, grinning. Henry was turning red as he shoved Zhou Mi away.

 

Zhou Mi attached himself back onto Sungmin, grabbing onto his shoulders seriously. “I, the ultimately amazing and fabulous match maker Zhou Mi, promise to find you, Lee Sungmin, a lonely soul who needs to meet his true love, a boyfriend before Christmas,” he declared dramatically.

 

Zhou Mi then grabbed onto Sungmin’s hand and wrapped his pinky around his. “Pinky promise~!”

 

Kyuhyun, who had been watching the whole time, mentally face palmed. This was not going to go well.