Chapter 4

Dreams Only Last For A Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t like this picture, I look ugly.” Moonbyul complained.

 

They were looking at the first batch of pictures they had taken together. They were… awkward to put it mildly. Solar swiped to show the next picture, having the same result as before.

 

“This one is even worse.” Moonbyul groaned.

 

“You don’t like any of them!” Solar swiped again. “Look, this one looks decent.”

 

“My smile looks fake…”

 

Solar had to admit she was right, it did look pretty fake. In the picture Solar had her head on Moonbyul’s shoulder, smiling softly with her eyes closed. She was pretty natural but that was part of her job. Moonbyul on the other hand…

 

“You need to relax, no one is going to believe you like me if they see that picture.”

 

“I’m trying, but it’s just so awkward.” She whined. “I never thought this could be so hard.” She rubbed her face with her hands, feeling frustrated.

 

Solar gave her a sympathetic smile. She could feel the other girl was really trying, but she definitely wasn’t very good at acting.

 

“We can always say they were one of our first pictures. I mean, it’s not a lie.” Solar suggested trying to lift the other girl’s mood. “And look at the bright side, you still have a few hours to improve.”

 

Moonbyul pouted. “How do you do this for a living?”

 

“Well, I wouldn’t say that. I’ve barely had any acting jobs…” Solar frowned a little bit. But as usual, she quickly changed it for a smile. Moonbyul had noticed how the girl always put up a smile even if she didn’t seem to feel that good. Or at least that was the impression she had gotten over the couple of hours they had been together. “But I guess it’s something that just comes to me naturally. I like acting, I like being able to be someone else even if it’s only for a day.” She stared at Moonbyul. “Tell me, do you like reading books?”

 

“Yes, I do. I haven’t had too much time lately, but I do enjoy it.”

 

“Acting it’s a bit like reading a book. When you immerse yourself in the story and it feels like you are the main character. But instead of only reading it, you act on it.” Solar chuckled and looked away. “That sounded less lame in my head.”

 

“No, it wasn’t lame. I understood it perfectly.” Moonbyul reassured her with a soft smile. “In fact, I feel something similar when I work.”

 

“What do you do?” Solar asked with curiosity.

 

“Wheein hasn’t told you?” Solar shook her head. “I work as a lyricist for a music label.” She explained. “It’s not the same as you do, but sometimes my experiences aren’t enough so I need to write from another point of view. So for a little while, it feels like I’m someone else.”

 

“That does sound similar.” Solar affirmed, her smile growing. “That’s an amazing job. Do you think I’ve heard any of your songs?”

 

“Maybe one or two…” She replied avoiding a specific answer.

 

“Hmm… I’ll find out somehow. I like challenges.” Solar said playfully.

 

“But you can’t use Google. That’s cheating.”

 

“Deal.” Solar offered her hand and Moonbyul took it with a smile. “Wow, never thought I’d be able to say I’m dating a lyricist. It sounds cool.”

 

“Dating an actress doesn’t sound bad either. In what have you worked?” She asked.

 

“You won’t tell me what you’ve done but you want me to tell you? No, that’s unfair.” Solar refused.

 

 “I wanted to see if it worked.” Moonbyul shrugged with a smile. “Just tell me, movie, tv show… advertisement…”

 

Solar narrowed her eyes, thinking about telling her or not, but in the end she complied. “Advertisement mostly. But my dream is to be on a movie.” She admitted shyly.

 

“A movie, huh? That would be nice. Who knows, maybe someday I’ll see pictures of you at the red carpet. Should I ask for your autograph? I’ll treasure it for when you become famous.” Moonbyul looked at her with a teasing smile. “Or maybe I’ll sell it on EBay if I’m short of money.”

 

Solar laughed and hit her in the shoulder. “I definitely won’t give you my autograph now.”

 

“You are not fun!”

 

“Do you want me to hit you again?” Solar threatened her jokingly.

 

Moonbyul lifted her hands in surrender. “Okay, okay, I give up!” She laughed and then checked out the time. It was almost time for lunch and they had only taken pictures with one of the clothes. “We should change and take more pictures. I’m getting hungry.”

 

Solar agreed. “There are some public restrooms ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter