Chapter 7

Dreams Only Last For A Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As usual, Wheein stayed over and once again she chose to sleep in Moonbyul’s bed. At that point Moonbyul was more than used to sharing the bed with the girl so she even welcomed it. Especially the morning cuddles.

 

Moonbyul was usually the big spoon between the two, but it was probably going to be a hard day for her, so they switched places. Moonbyul rested her head on Wheein’s chest while she caressed her hair softly, enjoying the serenity of the morning.

 

“Byul.” Wheein tried to catch her attention, but Moonbyul didn’t reply at first. “Byulie, look at me.” She insisted.

 

After a few seconds and an annoyed look, Moonbyul complied. “What?” She had a feeling she knew what was coming, that’s why she was ignoring Wheein.

 

“Have you… Have you decided what are you going to do when you see Krystal today?” Wheein asked carefully.

 

There it was.

 

“Can we go back to the cuddles and silence, please?” Moonbyul pouted trying to look as cute as possible, but Wheein was almost completely immune to it. After all, it was the strategy she used most of the time. She had a degree in being adorable.

 

“No, we can’t. Well, the cuddles part is okay, but not the silence.” To show it, she tickled Moonbyul’s chin. “Now speak.”

 

Resigned, Moonbyul sighed. The only possible escape was leaving the bed, but it was cold outside and she was too comfortable.

 

“Honestly, I still don’t know.” She admitted. “I’ve run all the possible and impossible scenarios in my head, but until it really happens I won’t know how to react.”

 

“Let’s hope you don’t burst into tears then.” Wheein joked trying to lighten up the mood.

 

Moonbyul snorted. “Can’t promise anything.”

 

“At least you’ll have Solar by your side. She’ll distract you if you need it. And you seem to have gotten closer in such a short time. I think she’ll take care of you.”

 

“Yeah… About that…” Moonbyul took one of Wheein’s hands and started playing with her fingers. "What do you think of her? Now that you know her a bit more I mean.”

 

Wheein looked at the ceiling with a pensive expression for a few seconds.

 

“I still find her weird, but in a good way. She seemed fun last night.”

 

“She is fun.” Moonbyul confirmed.

 

“I guess I judged her too soon at work, I feel we could be friends.” Wheein admitted, making Moonbyul smile.

 

“Awesome, because I think the same. Between you and I, I think she feels lonely, and our little group could do with another person.”

 

Wheein gasped loudly.

 

“Are you saying we aren’t good enough for you?” Wheein faked being offended. “I thought I was special.”

 

Moonbyul laughed and hugged her tightly.

 

“You know very well that you are my favourite puppy in the world.”

 

“Because comparing me to a pet will fix everything…” Wheein complained stubbornly.

 

“You are being difficult.” With a whine, Moonbyul pressed her cheek to Wheein’s. “If you weren’t straight I’d totally ask you out. Happy now?”

 

Wheein burst into laughter and nodded.

 

“Stupid heterouality, right?” Both laughed again. “I’d date you too though, maybe in some parallel universe. Or maybe you are the straight one there.”

 

Moonbyul scrunched her nose. “Hell no.”

 

In that moment the door was opened and Hwasa stuck her head in, glaring at them. “I can hear you being all mushy to each other from my room.”

 

“Aww, is our little Hyejinie jealous?” Moonbyul teased. She patted the side of the bed. “Come here, there’s enough space for everybody.”

 

“Okay, but I want to be in the middle.” Without giving them a warning, she flopped down in the middle of the bed. “Now cuddle me.” She ordered.

 

“You sure woke up aggressive today,”

 

“It’s because you woke me up with that love-fest you two have going on.” Hwasa complained.

 

“You are such a child.” Wheein laughed. But she quickly hugged her friend.

 

Hwasa took Moonbyul’s arm and pulled until she did the same, then she sighed contently.

 

“See? This is better, I feel loved now.” She turned her face to Moonbyul with a cheeky smile. “Tell me Byulie, would you date me too?”

 

Moonbyul chuckled.

 

“Definitely not.”

 

 

Moonbyul closed the trunk of the car and looked at Solar, who waited next to the door. Solar had come over for lunch with her suitcase so they could start the trip shortly after eating. They would arrive at night, but not too late.

 

“You sure you have everything?” She asked while she played with the keys of the car. She was nervous.

 

“For the third time, yes, I’m sure.” Solar replied with a small smile. She noticed the other girl’s anxiousness so she didn’t mind the constant questions.

 

“Okay… I guess we are ready to go then.” Moonbyul said while n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter