Chapter 6

Dreams Only Last For A Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You didn’t tell me your housemate was Hwasa. The Hwasa.” Solar whispered aggressively.

 

They were inside Moonbyul’s bedroom so Solar could leave her coat and belongings there before they officially started their “movie night”.

 

Solar felt shy for tagging along, but Moonbyul reassured her a few more times that it was okay. But what she didn’t expect when the door to Moonbyul’s flat opened was finding herself face to face with a famous singer. A famous singer she was actually a fan of.

 

She had stuttered some kind of greeting and Hwasa had been gracious enough to pretend she didn’t notice Solar’s shock. She had let her in and as soon as Solar saw Moonbyul, she took her wrist and asked her in a low voice to take her somewhere private. And that’s how they ended up in Moonbyul’s room.

 

When Solar told Moonbyul the reason of her embarrassment, she laughed out loud.

 

“Solar, Hwasa is just a person like the rest of us. I didn’t tell you because it didn’t even cross my mind. To me she is just Hyejin, my roommate who never clean the dishes. Seriously, forget that she sings, treat her how you would treat anyone. She doesn’t bite…” Moonbyul zoomed out, pensive. “Well, maybe sometimes, but she is harmless overall.”

 

“That’s easy for you to say, you are used to her!” Solar complained, still feeling a bit stressed and most of all ashamed.

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes with a little grin and took Solar’s hand between hers. She caressed the back of her hand with her thumb.

 

“Please, relax. We are here to have a good time. You already know Wheein, and you’ll realize soon enough that Hwasa is nothing but a silly girl. They won’t judge you.” She tried her best to calm Solar down. She obviously left out how Wheein had made fun of her coworker sometimes but it was never with a bad intention. Still, Moonbyul wanted to speak to Wheein about that, but not with Solar in the house.

 

Finally, after a few seconds, Solar nodded. Moonbyul squeezed her hand and both decided it was time to join the girls in the living room.

 

They found Wheein and Hwasa bickering about some tv show both watched, but when they heard them, both turned around. Wheein grinned showing off her dimple and greeted Solar with a high five.

 

“We are glad you came, Solar. Our movie nights are the best, you won’t regret it.”

 

“Yeah, I wanted to meet whoever is crazy enough to accept being Byul’s girlfriend.” Hwasa said with a smirk, making Moonbyul roll her eyes.

 

“Solar isn’t my girlfriend, you know very well we are just going to pretend.” Moonbyul glared at Hwasa.

 

“Yeah, same thing, still crazy.” After hearing Moonbyul’s frustrated groan, Hwasa winked at Solar, letting her know she was just joking around.

 

Feeling brave, Solar tried her best to join the conversation. She wanted the girls to like her. Even if she knew Wheein from work, they didn’t have a close relationship.

 

“To be honest…” Solar started saying. “Sometimes I regret accepting the favour.” She finished the joke shyly, looking at Moonbyul.

 

“Ha! I knew it!” Hwasa cackled and patted Solar’s back. “I like this one, maybe we could keep her instead of Byul.”

 

Moonbyul huffed and faked being annoyed. Deep inside she was glad Solar was slowly opening up. She really felt Solar could join their little group of friends.

 

“Be careful Hwasa, or you might have to find someone else to write songs for you.” She threatened her with a confident smile.

 

“Please, as if I couldn’t write my own songs.”

 

“Yeah, good luck charting with a song about pink .”

 

Surprised, Solar looked at Wheein, who seemed more than used to the two friends bickering like that. Whispering so they wouldn’t hear her, Solar asked Wheein.

 

“How do they live together without killing each other?”

 

Wheein chuckled.

 

“They usually nap it out. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve found them napping together. Especially after drinking a couple of bottles of wine.”

 

Solar smiled thinking about it. Must have been cute to witness that scene. She would totally take a picture of that.

 

“You guys are really close. It’s nice.” Solar said. It was true the three girls seemed to be great friends, and a little part of her couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous. She wished she had something like that.

 

Not noticing Solar’s small conflict, Wheein nodded with a happy smile.

 

“It’s been Hyejin and I for a long time. And I wouldn’t trade that for anything in the world, but meeting Byulyi has been one of the most important things in my life. The three of us just clicked, you know what I mean?”

 

“Yeah, I know.” No, she didn’t, she never had that. But it wasn’t something she was going to bring up.

 

Their conversation was interrupted when Hwasa and Moonbyul finally stopped fighting. Moonbyul approached Solar with a pleased smile, so she supposed she had won the argument.

 

“We just realized we don’t have any food, so we think we should get some take away. Do you like sushi? There’s a great place close.”

 

“I love sushi.” Solar replied. And it had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter