Chapter 2

Dreams Only Last For A Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t know Wheein. Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, it’s not that I’m not grateful, but from what you’ve told us she is… well… maybe not the best candidate?”

 

“Do you have a better idea?” Wheein replied sitting on the chair Moonbyul was before. She glanced curiously at the notebook that was on the table, smiling when she saw all the lyrics around the pages, most of them crossed out. She focused once again on Moonbyul, who was watching her and biting her lower lip gently. “I know Solar isn’t what you had in mind, but I don’t think you’re going to find anyone else, Byulie.”

 

Moonbyul was aware that Wheein was right. A week had already gone by and she still didn’t have anyone she could ask. She had contemplated calling some of her previous flings, but she had decided against it at the end. That wouldn’t have ended well. There was only a week left and it was clear that no one was going to appear miraculously. Maybe it was time she accepted she wasn’t going to find anybody and that she needed Wheein’s help.

 

“So she has accepted? I mean, hasn’t she found it weird? It’s not a very common request…” She asked with curiosity. Not every day your coworker asked you to pretend to be the girlfriend of a friend you haven’t even met.

 

Wheein let out a small nervous laugh and put a strand of her hair behind her ear, making Moonbyul look at her with suspicion.

 

“Well…” Wheein dragged the word, clearly trying to avoid the rest of the sentence.

 

Moonbyul narrowed her eyes and approached the girl.

 

“You haven’t told her.” It wasn’t a question but a statement. She knew it by only looking at her friend.

 

Wheein smiled innocently. It was her usual strategy to get away with everything. She was very cute and she knew it, so she took advantage of that. Worst of all was that most of the time it worked.

 

“In my defense I’ll say that I was waiting to see her tomorrow at work to tell her. We don’t share the same shift until then.”

 

Moonbyul shook her head.

 

“Then you really don’t know whether she will accept or not.”

 

Wheein shrugged her shoulders and took the pen on the table. She started drawing in the corners of the notebook. “I’m 100% certain that she will accept. After all she is an actress. Also she owes me a few favors. I’ve had to cover her every time she arrives late for work so our boss doesn’t find out. And let me tell you, that’s a lot of times.

 

Moonbyul raised her eyebrows. That new information was interesting.

 

“She is an actress? You didn’t mention it.” She admitted she was impressed. “Has she been in anything known?”

 

Wheein stopped drawing and looked at Moonbyul with a small grimace.

 

“The fact that she is working in a coffee shop should be answer enough.” Seeing how the girl’s smile dropped after hearing that, Wheein quickly continued. “Even more reason for her to be willing to help you! She needs the experience!”

 

Wheein had been working at that coffee shop for a year or so. It was a part time job to help her pay for the dance academy she attended several days per week. Pressured by her parents, she had gone to college and got a degree, but her dream had always been to become a dancer. So as soon as she could, and after many fights with her parents, she had moved out and started pursuing her dream. Later was always better than never.

 

After hearing her sing at the karaoke once, Moonbyul had tried to convince her numerous times to audition for her label like Hwasa did, but it was an impossible task. Yes, she sang incredibly well, but it wasn’t what Wheein wanted to do. Still, she occasionally agreed to record some demos for Moonbyul to help her with her lyrics and with the songs she was starting to produce.

 

As thanks for the help, Moonbyul was always on the lookout for castings and dance auditions Wheein could go to. She had even gotten a few temporary jobs here and there, but nothing permanent.

 

And from what Wheein was telling her, Solar seemed to be in a very similar situation.

 

“Will you ask her tomorrow then?”

 

“That’s my intention.” Wheein confirmed while nodding. “We have our break at the same time so I guess I’ll do it then. If you are free you could come and meet her.” She suggested.

 

“I don’t know, if I go she might feel pressured to accept.” Moonbyul reasoned. “I think the best will be meeting her if she accepts.”

 

“When she accepts.” Stressed Wheein with a smile.

 

“You seem very sure about it.” Moonbyul was amused.

 

“You know I’m never wrong.” She replied proudly.

 

Moonbyul raised an eyebrow but smiled lightly, not being able to help it. Wheein was too cute.

 

Wheein had the decency to blush a little bit. “Okay, I might be wrong sometimes, but not this time! You’ll see.” She finished cheekily with a wink.

 

Moonbyul shook her head. Wheein was a hopeless case in all the best ways.

 

“You better, pup, you better.”

 

 

Moonbyul was lying on the couch at home with her eyes closed and the television on as background noise. She had had a long day at work and had no strength or desire to do anything else. Hwasa had a radi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter