Chapter 11

Dreams Only Last For A Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do you keep staring at me like that? You are starting to weird me out.”

 

Moonbyul and Solar just got back to their room from the party.

 

After Solar sang, they spent around half an hour with Krystal and Kai until they told them they were going to leave. Apparently Kai had an important meeting the next day even if it was Sunday so they wouldn’t be able to attend the barbecue.

 

Soon after saying goodbye, Moonbyul and Solar decided to call it a night too. They were tired and the people around them were getting too drunk and loud for their liking.

 

Since Solar got down from the stage, Moonbyul had become even quieter than usual, and it was starting to get on Solar’s nerves.

 

Moonbyul, who was carefully folding her jacket, pointed at herself confused.

 

“Me? I’m not looking at you.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“I’m telling you I’m not.”

 

Solar rolled her eyes. “Whatever helps you sleep at night.” She before grabbing her pajamas. “I’m going to change, I hope that when I get out you’ve stopped being weird.” Without giving Moonbyul the time to retort she disappeared behind the bathroom door.

 

Moonbyul huffed. She wasn’t being weird. Well, okay, maybe she was indeed staring at Solar a bit too much. But honestly, who could blame her? She still was in awe from hearing her sing. She worked in a record label, she was surrounded by people with great vocals. She shouldn’t feel this affected, and yet…

 

“Oh, I thought you would have changed too.” Solar commented when she left the bathroom a few seconds later and saw Moonbyul still wearing her suit minus the jacket.

 

“Yeah, sorry, I got distracted.”

 

Solar clicked her tongue but said nothing. Still, Moonbyul knew she was probably thinking about her being weird again. Silently she grabbed her clothes and got in the bathroom to take off the suit and get dressed for bed.

 

She also took her time to remove her light make up and look at herself at the mirror. She looked tired, but she had survived the night. She even had survived spending time with Krystal, something she still couldn’t believe. How did that happen?

 

She really owed Solar for being there with her. If it wasn’t for her she would have freaked out way more. Thanks to her light banter, she had slowly calmed down and started functioning like a normal person around her old crush.

 

Her old crush who was in a very happy relationship with her boyfriend.

 

Moonbyul sighed. Things were never easy, were they?

 

Once dressed up comfortable, she left the room. Solar was already in bed, looking at her phone.

 

“Texting someone?” Moonbyul while grabbing the bottle of water she had on the nightstand next to her side of the bed and taking a sip.

 

Solar chuckled and nodded. “Yes, my husband. He is wondering where I am.”

 

“Tell him you are in bed with another woman.” Moonbyul joked as she lay on the bed.

 

“What? No, if I tell him that he’ll want to divorce me and I’ll lose all my money.” Solar put her hand over her heart, as if she was really distressed about the thought.

 

Moonbyul barely managed not to laugh.

 

“It’s okay love, I’ll provide for you. Money is not a problem for me.” Moonbyul said trying to put her best serious face on.

 

Solar left her phone on her nightstand and grinned. “Sweet, I’ve always wanted a sugar daddy.”

 

Moonbyul couldn’t help but snort and gape at Solar. “Seriously?”

 

Solar shrugged. “I’ll call you sugar mommy if you prefer it.” She bit her lip trying not to crack, but couldn’t once Moonbyul burst out laughing.

 

“You’re ridiculous.” Moonbyul stated with a grin. She turned until she was on her side, facing Solar.

 

“You love it.” Solar teased back. She copied Moonbyul so she could face her too.

 

Not knowing exactly how to reply, Moonbyul simply smiled. She did enjoy how silly the other girl was. But love it? Who knows, maybe.

 

She was sure of one thing though, she really wanted to show Solar how much she appreciated everything she was doing for her. Moonbyul felt like words weren’t enough this time, even though she knew Solar would never ask for more. Still, she genuinely wanted to come up with something. But what?  

 

After a couple of minutes deep in thought, only a couple of things came to her mind, so she decided to test the waters a bit.

 

“Solar.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you like the beach?” She asked trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

 

Solar propped herself up on her elbow to take a better look at Moonbyul. She looked slightly confused by the sudden question.

 

“Yes, I love the beach. The town where I’m from is actually very close to the coast, and I’d take the bus and go there whenever I could. Since I live in the city I’ve barely been able to go, only on special occasions.” She explained with a soft smile, remembering how peaceful those moments were. “Why?”

 

“Nothing, just curious. There are many things about you I still don’t know.” Moonbyul shrugged and then took her phone, acting natural. Having in mind the clearly fond expression on Solar’s face, Moonbyul was sure her idea would be a good one.

 

Solar nodded, accepting the answer. It did make sense.

 

“How are you feeling about the barbecue tomorrow?” She asked after a few seconds. She moved around the bed a bit, not enough to get too close to Moonbyul but to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter