MERLOT

VerMilion Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: It was reported that SEVENTEEN will comeback on April 25 while IOI will be debuting on the 4th of May. Fingers crossed I hope VerMi gets a chance to meet or interact in music shows ;) Merlot is from the French word merle which means blackbird. Hope you like this chapter and next chapter i'll be doing better, thank you for those who subscribed! #VerMilionLove

p.s. sorry if the font sizes are a lil crappy I'll fix it after the story is completed

=====================================================================================================================

 

After almost a month of mourning and King Alaric’s burial, the queen never went out of the castle nor did she step on the outside’s soil ground. That night, she drank two bottles of wine in Alaric’s lounge area and she got them from her late husband’s mini bar. She locked the doors before drinking a glass in one go, her eyes were slightly drooping “Larry, these taste amazing! Unfortunately, you never share them with me” she was smirking, then laughing and randomly talking to herself. “Vernon was so young back then when trying to gain your attention and acknowledgement.”

Flashback

8 years ago

King Alaric was checking documents in his office to keep him busy when young Prince Vernon who had  passion in music entered with a guitar in hand. “Dad! Dad!” the boy called his father’s attention excitedly. The king stopped but his expression was very serious saying nothing as he looked at the boy.

“I learned to play guitar and sing for you”

The young prince began strumming using his calloused little fingers and singing Black Bird by The Beatles.

‘Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these broken wings and learn to fly

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to arise.’

The little prince of Adron was still in the first four lines of the song when Alaric gestured for him to stop. Vernon stopped, seeing his father’s hand gesture he felt nervous.

“You sing and play the guitar very badly. Honestly, you don’t have anything to offer” The king spoke and went back to what he was doing, completely ignoring the child in front of him. Then Vernon silently exited the king’s office with his guitar and an expressionless face.

“He never cried nor was he hurt from your harsh words” Veronica continued “instead he worked and practiced harder, and ever since I’m always proud of him”

The prince walked back to his room and happened to pass by the music room hearing the sobs of his mother. He knew at this hour, his snacks are already waiting for him in his room and he brought them to the music room to share with his mom. The guitar strap on his shoulder, carrying his guitar with him.

He knocked and entered pushing a tray table cart filled containing a tea set and a plate of honey macaroons.

Knowing her son’s presence, the crying queen wiped away her tears quickly and continued playing the harp as if she hadn’t cried at all. She stopped to look at her son and greet him with the brightest smile she could pull off.

“Mom, your eyes look like they are carrying bags. Bags are for events and vacation not for your eyes” the little prince frowned.

His mother knew that he would question her if s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter